Community Forum

Horrible video quality

Highlighted
New Poster

Horrible video quality

Watching the world cup for the 3rd week now.

Quality of the video is a 3rd-world country at best. Artifacts, no sharp edges, granular, colors smearing, ball becomes translucent, and so on.

All signs of very aggressive compression and low bitrate. There are many articles in these forums about it.

Called Comcast multiple times. Technician came in and says that everything is fine – he can only check the quality of the signal, which is good, but obviously, when the transmitted video is poor to begin with, it has nothing to do with the level of the signal. He suggested that another technician should look at the TAP (the “hub” on the post outside my house). I’m still waiting on this, but again, it won’t change anything because it’s not a signal issue.

Comcast’s support can do nothing about (they promised me they have superb video quality…). It seems that there’s nothing to do and no one to talk to about it.

Any suggestions (other than DirectTV or other providers) ???

New Poster

Re: Horrible video quality

Same here, I'm watching the finals and the video quality is horrendous. It's sad too because I just got back from vacation to a Caribbean island and the quality was awesome and I'm back in my living room where I pay comcast all this money (got cable just because of the world cup) and the quality is so bad you can hardly tell what's going on. I'm going to have to switch to a different provider. This is terrible quality from comcast. They've had over a month to fix the poor quality issue on something as big as the world cup!
Tags (2)