Community Forum

Hitz replacing Cinemax? Really?

Regular Contributor

Hitz replacing Cinemax? Really?

You're replacing all of the Cinemax channels from packages with this on-demand Hitz garbage that has a "rotating list of more than 200 movie titles"?

And, of course, you're not lowering the price of our packages either.  How do you really see Hitz as an equal replacement of Cinemax?  We're losing six channels, all of Cinemax's original programming, and they currently have almost 300 movies on-demand.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Hitz replacing Cinemax? Really?

My sentiments exactly.  Why is this happening?

Regular Visitor

I did the math. Changing to Digital Preferred and paying for the 5 premiums separately will cost less than Digital Premiere plus Cinemax. Still paying $8/month more than just Digital Premiere as it was, but that's Xfinity for you. I'm sure they'll restructure the rates in a few month to close this loophole...

Frequent Visitor

Items I do not like about this change:

There is no pricing for "HITZ" on the most current rate card, so is it free or only 'bundled' with selected legacy premier plans that no longer show on the rate card?

Is the HITZ only an on-demand service? I'm supposed to trade 5 cinemax channels for none?

It definitly is not the equivalent of the Cinemax channels. The Comcast arguement that 'all of the content is available on demand or on HBO" is incorrect. When many of the extra channels were removed, the statement that the content was available in on demand was false. I looked for several items in the channel guide and they were not in the on-demand lineup. Cinemax series will not appear to HBO anytime soon. 

Comcast, better wake up. I can get Cinemax for $9.99 per month on Amazon Prime. I'm also going to price the other options as well, just to keep them honest..

New Poster

"EXCITING CHANGE!!" dropping Cinemax and it's additional channels

In my monthly bill I read the notice regarding Cinemax. I went to the entry covering in more detail of why my cable provider was dropping these channels. THEY are real excited about this change as they used the word over and over in their description of why the new channel Hitz is going to be so "exciting" for the "excitement" of its' subscribers.

However, I find this as another move by my cable provider  to cut their costs and give their subscribers less and less product. Cinemax does have original series and movies exclusive to them and show many older movies on their home channel as well as it's subchannels that have not been shown on HBO for several months or years before a duplicate showing appears on Cinemax. In fact there are 3 additional subchannels for Cinemax that my cable provider  doesn't even offer to its subscribers. All of the subchannels are offered in HD for which we get only the main channel in HD isn't that "exciting" to know. My cable praovider spends billions of dollars to purchase other companies and it make you wonder why can't there be more options available to the cable subscribers. The sports fee just went up to $8.00 a month and what if you don't want sports offering. Rationality  from my cable provider is that everyone MUST pay this fee due to the huge prices they must pay for sports offering. May be true, ESPN3 does have a ton of sports offerings, BUT, I have a feeling that the contract between my cable provider and ESPN covers all of the ESPN channels for a agreed to fee between them and this is true for any additional channel offering with another company and my cable provider. 

My cable provider does have features that are of value to its' subscribers. The vast OnDemand movie offerings and other offerings are excellent.

I realize that there are "stock answers" given to a person asking some of the question I have attempted to put forward here and you accept them with what little that you can do about it, complain!!

Thank you for listening to my long winded presentation. I have very strong feelings towards these type of decisions.

Have a nice day

J

New Poster

Re: "EXCITING CHANGE!!" dropping Cinemax and it's additional channels

Att bought cinemax not long ago, and their using there new ownership to gouge competitors to carry it. Comcast had the option to raise customer rates to offset the cost of att gouging or remove the channel and lower cost which both would have resulted in lost revenue due to a competitors interferance, so the alternative was to give customers this new service.
Frequent Visitor

Premium Package - Hitz to replace Cinemax

Why not ask customers first?  We already pay enough as it is so we should have a choice.  Take away Streampix - which is mostly junk - and the few good movies on there were seen by serious movie buffs ages ago.  The Movie Channel only has about 15 or 20 movies On-Demand at any one time and the same movies can usually be found on Showtime at the same time anyways.  Cinemax maybe in the shadow of HBO but it's content is far superior to Streampix and TMC.  And they still sometimes get content before HBO.  Let us see what's going to be on Hitz first and then let us decide if we want to trade and give up Cinemax.  Looks to me like Hitz is going to be nothing more than a regurgitation of Streampix with a few current B movies thrown in to pacify the masses hooked on Marvel movies.  But please don't tell me I'm going to like Hitz better until you reveal some of its content - and then let me decide that.

Frequent Visitor

Re: "EXCITING CHANGE!!" dropping Cinemax and it's additional channels

Totally agree.  However, I only watch the On-Demand content because, as you say, none of the sub-channels are offered in HD.  And everything on the main channel and sub-channels are On-Demand anyway and almost 100% HD.  The quality of movies on Cinemax (current and old) is generally far superior to what is on Streampix.  Hitz will likely be just a recycle of the Streampix B-movie catalogue with maybe a few (very few) good movies tossed in for good measure that could be rented for 4.99 from the Comcast library anyway.  The Movie Channel never gets new content and shows generally the same thing as what has already been on Showtime  - and their On-Demand content is only about 15-20 movies a month, if that.   I would rather give up Streampix and TMC and call it even rather than give up Cinemax before I know what's going to be in Hitz.  But then this is Comcast we're talking about.

Administrator

***Validated Best Answer as of 07/2019***

All,

From time to time, we make changes to our packages, with the goal of providing a better value to our customers. As part of this effort, we will be adding Hitz and removing Cinemax for Premier, Super and certain other TV packages effective July 17, 2019. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this change has caused. 

We are excited to introduce Hitz, a new commercial-free on-demand movie service available as part of Xfinity Premier, Super and certain other TV packages. Hitz features more than 200 movies and is included with these packages at no additional cost. Hitz has also replaced Cinemax and its associated channels.

Movie lovers of all kinds will enjoy Hitz. This exciting new offering provides even better value and variety for you. Here’s how:

• Hitz offers a rotating list of more than 200 movie titles from a variety of top studios.
  • Hitz includes an assortment of movie titles that complements the films already available to Xfinity Premier and Super TV customers on other channels and adds to the thousands of On Demand movies already available.

You can also learn more about Hitz by visiting our Hitz landing page.

What is Hitz?
Hitz is a new on-demand movie service that includes more than 200 titles from a variety of top studios. This selection will rotate over time.

Where can I find Hitz?
The easiest way to find Hitz is by saying “Hitz” into your X1 voice remote. Hitz can also be found in the Networks section of the On Demand menu. You can also see current Hitz movies in the on-screen grid guide - frequently near other movie services.

Why are you doing this?
Most of the movies on Cinemax have also aired on HBO. By offering Hitz instead, we’ll be delivering customers a better variety of content. 

How can I watch Cinemax original content?
While Cinemax will no longer be included in the packages being adjusted, Cinemax will still be available to purchase on its own for $12 per month.

Should I pay a different price now that I am no longer receiving Cinemax?
While Cinemax is being removed from these packages, we believe the new lineup offers a better value. Most of the movies on Cinemax have also aired on HBO. By offering Hitz instead, we’ll be delivering a better variety of content. 

Is Hitz available on the Xfinity Stream app and portal?
Yes, Hitz is available on the Xfinity Stream app and portal; however, it will not appear as a listing in the guide. Search "Hitz" or browse Movies to view Hitz content on the Stream app or portal.

Is Hitz available on Xfinity Flex?
At this time, Hitz is not available on Xfinity Flex; however, we plan to make it available in the future.

Can I record Hitz content?
Unfortunately, Hitz content cannot be recorded.

I'm not in a package that carried Hitz. Can I purchase Hitz separately?
Yes. Hitz is available to purchase on its own for $12 per month.

We appreciate all the feedback we have received however, this thread is now locked from receiving new replies. If you would like to make changes to your account or need additional assistance please post your questions here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/bd-p/CustServ_CustServ

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

When I say "Hitz" on my voice remote right now, something called "Hits" comes up which is totally different.  What do we do when "Hitz" goes live in mid July?  Is Comcast going to address that - or do we need to get a lesson in proper pronunciation between "Hitz" and "Hits". 

Official Employee

Re: Premium Package - Hitz to replace Cinemax

Hi SM95350, thank you for your feedback regarding Hitz. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to reach out to us. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Did you even read my question?   Wasn't the answer I was looking for.  In fact, it doesn't even make sense.  The question was, "When I say 'Hitz' on my voice remote (per Comcast's own instructions), something else comes up called 'Hits'.  That's 'Hits' with an 's', not 'Hitz' with a 'z'.  This is a common problem anyway when searching for TV programs or movies with very similar sounding names.  Is someone - meaning some brilliant programmer on the Comcast staff - going to fix this problem before 'Hitz' is forced down upon us.  And please be specific with your answer.  And don't categorize me - with 'Hitz' - as being a customer who wants this content in the first place.  Ya'll didn't ask me.  And if you really meant what you said, you would leave the Premium package alone and let us keep Cinemax until we actually see what's in 'Hitz'.  But Comcast's  secrecy about 'Hitz' pretty much says it all anyway.

Valued Contributor

@SM95350 wrote:

Did you even read my question?   Wasn't the answer I was looking for.  In fact, it doesn't even make sense.  The question was, "When I say 'Hitz' on my voice remote (per Comcast's own instructions), something else comes up called 'Hits'.  That's 'Hits' with an 's', not 'Hitz' with a 'z'.  This is a common problem anyway when searching for TV programs or movies with very similar sounding names.  Is someone - meaning some brilliant programmer on the Comcast staff - going to fix this problem before 'Hitz' is forced down upon us.  And please be specific with your answer.  And don't categorize me - with 'Hitz' - as being a customer who wants this content in the first place.  Ya'll didn't ask me.  And if you really meant what you said, you would leave the Premium package alone and let us keep Cinemax until we actually see what's in 'Hitz'.  But Comcast's  secrecy about 'Hitz' pretty much says it all anyway.

The remote doesn't recognize  the word "Hitz" because the service launches on July 17, 2019

Valued Contributor

@ComcastJessie wrote:

All,

From time to time, we make changes to our packages, with the goal of providing a better value to our customers. As part of this effort, we will be adding Hitz and removing Cinemax for Premier, Super and certain other TV packages effective July 17, 2019. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this change has caused. 

To help answer more of your questions, see the frequently asked questions below.

What is Hitz?
Hitz is a new on-demand movie service that includes more than 200 titles from a variety of top studios. This selection will rotate over time.

Where can I find Hitz?
The easiest way to find Hitz is by saying “Hitz” into your X1 voice remote. Hitz can also be found in the Networks section of the On Demand menu. You can also see current Hitz movies in the on-screen grid guide - frequently near other movie services.

Why are you doing this?
Most of the movies on Cinemax have also aired on HBO. By offering Hitz instead, we’ll be delivering customers a better variety of content. 

How can I watch Cinemax original content?
While Cinemax will no longer be included in the packages being adjusted, Cinemax will still be available to purchase on its own for $12 per month.

Should I pay a different price now that I am no longer receiving Cinemax?
While Cinemax is being removed from these packages, we believe the new lineup offers a better value. Most of the movies on Cinemax have also aired on HBO. By offering Hitz instead, we’ll be delivering a better variety of content. 

If you would like additional information about Hitz, see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/hitz

Jessie,

The article you have referenced says Certain other TV packages. What are those packages? I don't think I qualify for hitz because I don't subscribe to Cinemax or HBO.

Frequent Visitor

I know that.  You didn't read what I said.

Frequent Visitor

On July 17, 2019 when I say "Hitz" into my voice remote,   what is going to come up?  "Hitz" or "Hits"?  How will the voice remote distinguish the diference?  I would expect "canned" answers from Comcast employees, but not from contributors.

New Poster

I am trying to figure out why Cinemax is already gone and Hitz will not be here until July 17th. Does that mean we all get a credit for the Gap in movie availability?
Regular Contributor

<Edited>

Comcast offers a products at various prices.  I wouldn't say they are better or worse than alternatives.  I pay Xfinity something like $205 per month primarily because of their internet product and it gets most of what my family wants on TV.

The problem is that even thought my family has an Xfinity account, Netflix and Amazon Prime - they are still using other accounts they borrow from their friends for things like Acorn TV and British Channel 4 and even more obtuse things I have never heard of.  And most if it can only be accessed at home and not remotely - and most of it will not let you miracast from ab iPhone to a TV.  It all really, really bad-word-you-cant-use-on-this-forum-that-begins-with-s.

I can't blame Comcast for dropping Cinemax.  Seriously - do they have a choice?

The situation is completely out of hand.

I remember when I was a teenager in Midland Texas and we had ABC, NBC, CBS and PBS and that was it.  And then we got a TV with UHF and got a couple of more over the air local channels.  It was all free and somehow life was simplier and better.  But, I don't think anyone wants to go back to that.

Frequent Visitor

Totally agree with you.  Our Comcast bill is similar to yours - with the TV and internet - and we also have Netflix and Prime Video as well.  We were living large and happy with our "X1 Premier Double Play"  and just finally wanted to be left alone for awhile.  We live in - and I more or less grew up in - the Sacramento TV market.  Just 4 channels like you had - although if we turned our aerial antenna in the right direction we could get SF Bay Area stations too.  Cable TV came along and with it we could get HBO, The Movie Channel (when it was still a good channel) and Showtime.  With those three you could pretty much count on being able to see all the recent movies of the past year - delayed by about six months.  And then the VCR - it finally freed you up to leave the house and not have to miss your favorite TV program.  That's the point in time I would go back to - enough choices without being to complicated.  Although, today's HD is pretty good to have around to.   And Fox News.

Regular Contributor

@SM95350 wrote:

When I say "Hitz" on my voice remote right now, something called "Hits" comes up which is totally different.  What do we do when "Hitz" goes live in mid July?  Is Comcast going to address that - or do we need to get a lesson in proper pronunciation between "Hitz" and "Hits". 

That's hilarious

I tried "Hitz Channel" and "Hitz network"...  they didn't work.

I spelled "H - I -T - Z" and got some On-Demand gangster-rap-movie called "Hitz".

One problem is - I don't think Hitz is actually in Xfinity, yet.

The other problem is going to be, that there are scores of things with Hits and Hitz in the name - so, we are probably going to have to say "Hitz network"

Frequent Visitor

Think of it in terms of realistate and Cinimax is prime realistate location. Cinimax has millions of subscribers. How long would it take for a new subscription service to get that many subscribers?

Solution. Replace an existing subscription channel (MAX) with new subcription channel(Hitz). Hitz instantly has millions of subscibers on day #1. 

Why Max and not Starz, or HBO, or SHO? Probably because Hitz is most like Max than others and most likely to retain the Max subscribers. If Hitz had replaced HBO, 50% of subscribers probably would have dropped Hitz along with massive subscriber revolt to bring back HBO. Also, there is likely an existing long term contracts in place with HBO, Starz, and SHO. I would guess the MAX contract expired or comcast simply paid off the contract early. 

Regular Contributor

@nrnoble wrote:

Think of it in terms of realistate and Cinimax is prime realistate location. Cinimax has millions of subscribers. How long would it take for a new subscription service to get that many subscribers?

Solution. Replace an existing subscription channel (MAX) with new subcription channel(Hitz). Hitz instantly has millions of subscibers on day #1. 

Why Max and not Starz, or HBO, or SHO? Probably because Hitz is most like Max than others and most likely to retain the Max subscribers. If Hitz had replaced HBO, 50% of subscribers probably would have dropped Hitz along with massive subscriber revolt to bring back HBO. Also, there is likely an existing long term contracts in place with HBO, Starz, and SHO. I would guess the MAX contract expired or Comcast simply paid off the contract early. 

Well, I think you are trying to take this like it is something in the existing cable-TV-package model that needs to be patched.

I just don't see it that way.  I see it as a systemic problem existing in the consumer entertainment industry.  Life for consumers is going to get more complex and more expensive and less satisfying - and, Comcast really can't fix it when you have situations like AT&T buying Cinemax.

A better Comcast strategy is their Flex streaming product which has a $5 per month base entry fee.  Unfortunately you have to also rent the $13 per month Comcast internet router.  So that makes the whole thing a moronic product.  Flex could be Comcast's long-term solution - but, not if it has a stupid Comcast internet router.  Comcast probably is thinking most people do not even know what an internet router is and they can sneek that technical issue past their customers - but, at $13 per month - that isn't going to happen.

Frequent Visitor

@truerock2 wrote:

@nrnoble wrote:

Why Max and not Starz, or HBO, or SHO? Probably because Hitz is most like Max than others and most likely to retain the Max subscribers. If Hitz had replaced HBO, 50% of subscribers probably would have dropped Hitz along with massive subscriber revolt to bring back HBO. Also, there is likely an existing long term contracts in place with HBO, Starz, and SHO. I would guess the MAX contract expired or Comcast simply paid off the contract early. 

Well, I think you are trying to take this like it is something in the existing cable-TV-package model that needs to be patched.

I just don't see it that way.  I see it as a systemic problem existing in the consumer entertainment industry.  Life for consumers is going to get more complex and more expensive and less satisfying - and, Comcast really can't fix it when you have situations like AT&T buying Cinemax.

A better Comcast strategy is their Flex streaming product which has a $5 per month base entry fee.  Unfortunately you have to also rent the $13 per month Comcast internet router.  So that makes the whole thing a moronic product.  Flex could be Comcast's long-term solution - but, not if it has a stupid Comcast internet router.  Comcast probably is thinking most people do not even know what an internet router is and they can sneek that technical issue past their customers - but, at $13 per month - that isn't going to happen.

I am not suggesting its a good idea or that I even like it. Just explaining that by switching out Max For Hitz is quick way for them to get an instant subscriber base of several million. My personal choice is to keep Max, but I am not all that attached to it. Seems like Hitz is like Starz that plays a lot movies.

It does seem like VOD streaming is becoming more dominate. Nearly all that I watch is either streaming or play back from a DVR. Even when watching live sporting events its often on a 15-20 minute DVR delay so that I can FF past comercials and do my own instant replays. It very rare that I watching Live TV anymore.

Contributor

Cinemax??? Don't delete this post please

Y'all signed me up for the Extreme Triple Play which as of July 17th does not include Cinemax.  Hitz is supposed to be the substitute, <Edited>.  So I'd like a reduction in my already exhorbitant monthly fee.  Who do I talk to about this, or do I have to call your corporate office again? <Edited> Do you really expect to keep customers, even old, loyal ones like me?  Roku, Chromecast, whatever.....it's coming....and you're going.

Official Employee

Re: Cinemax??? Don't delete this post please

Hi megdrex, thank you for reaching back out to our forums and I understand you concern with Cinemax being replaced by Hitz. Every contract includes a certain package of channels and services at a fixed price for a certain period of time. But during the term of the contract, specific channels may be added, changed or removed for a variety of reasons including the launch of popular new channels or changes in the popularity of existing channels. In this case we think Hitz, the new on-demand movie package, offers a better value. Most of the movies on Cinemax have also aired on HBO, which creates a duplication since your TV package also includes HBO. By adding Hitz to your package for no additional charge, we’re offering a comparable number of movie titles to Cinemax.

Thank you 

Official Employee

Re: Cinemax??? Don't delete this post please

Thank you for posting here our forums and please reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

Regular Visitor

Hitz

Today is July 17, 2019 this is when Hitz is supposed to start. So when I tune into the Hitz channels I have to subscribe for $12.00 a month? I thought I was already subscribed automatically, being Cinemax was  longer available with my package. I am still getting Cinemax for now, so when do these changes actually take place?

Most Valued Poster

Re: Hitz

I checked the channel lineup for my account online early this morning and there was no sign of Hitz and Cinemax was still listed as "included."  Now Cinemax is nowhere to be found and Hitz is listed as "included." There is no sign of the advertised $12/month Cinemax premium add-on.  I chatted online with a Comcast rep who sent me to the page at which I was already staring.  No help whatsoever.  I'm sure Comcast will work this out eventually, but how hard could it be to get it right out of the gate?

Regular Visitor

Thank you for answering. Does Comcast know anything? No they surely do not.

Most Valued Poster

Still no sign today of the $12/month Cinemax add-on today in the My Account -> Manage Plan area, but on the plus side, I still seem to have access to Cinemax channels and OnDemand content.  This page offers the option to add Cinemax to your plan for $12/month:

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/premium-channels/cinemax

However, attemping to add it to my cart landed me on a page indicating that I'd need to call Comcast for help completing my order.

New Poster

Come on people, dont fall for the" hbo shows the same movies" line. Hbo is not showing max original content. Comcast just wants more money for a set of channels they know we watch more often. As for hitz being a better deal, yea, if you want to watch 25 year old b movies...
PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR IT BY GIVING COMCAST 13.00 ADDITIONAL DOLLARS A MONTH.
Just do without untill your contract expires then move to a better service.
Contributor

HITZ? No, I'd call it "misses"

I watch Comcast via a cablecard and a Tivo.

Within the last month, Comcast removed the ability watch OnDemand content on a Tivo.

Today, Comcast removed Cinemax from the bundle I have and replaced it with their own OnDemand service they've dubbed HITZ.

To access HITZ, the instructions are to say "HITZ" into the X1 remote which I don't have, or go to the OnDemand menus, which I also don't have.

As far as I can tell, the only way to see what movies HITZ has is to actually start to watch it, which I can't, so I have no idea whether I actually care about any of this. What I do know is that, today, I have less programming available to me than yesterday, at the same cost.

Now, I know that I can access HITZ via the streaming app and because I have an Apple TV I can Airplay it over to my large screen. 

I've always been reluctant to cut the cord because cobbling together a package that meets my family's needs would be a pain in the butt. But when Comcast says: "We have excellent news. We're enhanced your bundle by replacing that worthless CineMax which happens to be owned by someone else with our own Hitz, which you can't easily watch" it's time to reassess. Great job!

Regular Contributor

Re: HITZ? No, I'd call it "misses"

If I heard correctly, the problem with TiVo is, one side or the other made a change that makes it impossible for TiVo to access Comcast's On Demand service any more.

It seems like you have two options (well, besides switching to another service, but every service has its problems).

One - if you have two TVs, get an Xfinity box for the one where you want to watch Hitz, and put your TiVo on the other one. This is pretty much what I do. Of course, this isn't of much use if the TV where you want to watch On Demand is also the one where you want to watch recorded shows.

Two - get a cable splitter and an Xfinity box; feed one output from the splitter to the box, and the other to the TiVo, then connect both to your TV. Yes, this does require jumping through a few hoops and getting some additional cables.

Most Valued Poster

I agree with you that Hitz isn't a fair trade for Cinemax. If I'd fallen for the HBO shows the same movies as Cinemax ploy, I wouldn't be considering adding back Cinemax. I'm not sure I'll bite on the $12/month add-on, but if I do I'll probably pare back in other areas. Might drop Streampix, for example, which hasn't been of much use to me.

Contributor

Re: HITZ? No, I'd call it "misses"

I also have an Apple TV, so the best method is to use the streaming app and Airplay to my TV.

It's clear that Cablecard/Tivo is outside of Comcast's mainstream and they want me their ecosystem of cable boxes, etc. Me, I just want Comcast as a dumb content provider, just like I treat their internet connection as a dumb pipe with my own cable modem and router. The way I see it is that this is another signal that my days of being outside their ecosystem are numbered. So the search for an alternative will begin so that I'm prepared the next time they make my life more difficult.

Regular Visitor

NO TO HITZ - ITS A LOW GRADE MOVIE CHANNEL

You're replacing Cinemax with Hitz is the worse decision you ever made.  Many of the Hitz movies are for kids and many are Hindu.  Are you kidding?   I want my cinemax back or I will seek to go elsewhere.   

New Poster

Hitz

Taking Cinema from our package and replacing with Hitz is a joke . We get less but pay same price . Of course we can fork out 12. More dollars to get it , which is just wrong .
Frequent Visitor

Hitz (charitably) that are years old, no current content, bad old movies, no new series (ala Cinemax’s Jett). Tubi TV is free with better content. <Edited>

Contributor

Cinemax disappeared from being subscribed?

We've had HBO, Starz, Show, Cinemax, TMC as part of our lineup since our original contract in 2013 and with about 4 months left on the current one Cinemax has disappeared overnight.  Literally, I was watching stuff on it yesterday and now it wants us to subscribe and online doesn't show up in the channel lineup.  What gives?  

New Poster

Re: Cinemax disappeared from being subscribed?

Same here. Now they want to charge $12. Looks like they substituted it with something called Hitz.  Nope I'll pass. I only watch Jett anyway.  I bet our bill won't be reduced. I'm going to check if Cinemax has a mobile app like HBO GO. It should be cheaper than watching it on Xfinity platform. Sorry couldn't be more helpful.

New Poster

Re: Cinemax disappeared from being subscribed?

I agree. Hate, hate, hate it.

Not only am I losing access to movies I like, but the Hitz movies are only available in an OnDemand format. I like being able to click over to familiar movies during commercials while I’m watching network TV. I have just lost a few stations that offered that for me.

And I’m sure you’re right - the bill won’t go down. We’re just expected to pay extra for something we were already getting.

They can keep Hitz.

Hate, hate, hate it.

New Poster

So, Comcast has recently removed the MGM channel completely, made Cinemax a $13 per month subscription, made it's not so great Streampix channel a $5 per month subscription and is now offering us Hitz, which upon inspection, appears to be Streampix Lite. And this is exciting? Pinch me, I must be dreaming.

New Poster

<Edited>

Good morning

I jsut signed up for Xfinity in May to start in June.  I received Cinemax as part of my subscription, but now magically they remove it from the line up, FAIL TO TELL ME, then offer to give it back to me for $12.00 per month!!  REally!

Totally upset, and if I want to cancel, I can pay the fee.  Only after 2 months.    And customer service doesnt even care that i cancel!! 

Way to be a great company Xfinity!!  NOT!

Hellene

Regular Visitor

Re: NO TO HITZ - ITS A LOW GRADE MOVIE CHANNEL

They replaced it with hitz(Miss).. Very old outdated and extremely low quality movies.... THEN want to charge for Cinemax, which by the way is part of my existing contract..... Lousy movies, same rate not a reduction of $12.00 for the Miss (hitz). Contacting Department of Consumer protection!
Regular Visitor

hitz is a BIG MISS!! Removing CINEMAX is a CONTRACT BREACH

Xfinity Completely missed the mark whey they replaced Cinemax with hitz(Miss). They had the nerve to even say
" offering Hitz instead, we’re delivering customers a better variety of content" ,
then further down the page, they repeated it as if to brainwash us into believing this LIE!

" Why are you doing this? While Cinemax is no longer included in these packages, we believe the new lineup offers a better value. Most of the movies on Cinemax have also aired on HBO. By offering Hitz instead, we’re delivering a better variety of content. "
What about Cinemax, well they have that covered too....
" How can I watch Cinemax original content?
While Cinemax is no longer included in the adjusted packages, it is still available to purchase on its own for $12 per month."

hitz as I see it - MISS!
What is it? Very old outdated and extremly low quality movies.... THEN want to charge for Cinemax, which by the way is part of my existing contract..... In short - Lousy movies same rate, not a reduction of $12.00 for the Miss (hitz) channels .
Solution:
Contacting Department of Consumer protection!
Why? Breach of contract! I still have a year plus on my contract and COMCAST did NOT get rid of CINEMAX due to failed negotiations with the parent company HBO,. like that of ID network (no longer offered as part of a dispute). In fact comcast wants to charge me for channels listed as part of my contract!
I can't I increase my package as I have the highest offered!!
New Poster

Completely agree with other dissatisfied posts. Comcast is treating customers poorly and arbitrarily making changes with an attitude of “take it or leave it, we don’t care because customers are stuck with using our servces”.  HITS is in no way equivalent to multiple Cinemax channels and Cinemax content. Comcast Customer Care offered me a paltry $12 one month credit to restore the channels for one month, then $12/ mo charge to my account thereafter if I keep the channels. Totally unacceptable compensation. Acceptable would have been $12/ mo reduction in bill, or restoration of Cinemax until contract ends, or add another service like EPIX or Sports and Entertainment package as substitute for Cinemax until contact term ends. Very unhappy and dissatisfied, but they know I am stuck using them so they do what they want. Improved customer service is just lip service and marketing on their part.

New Poster

And the programming HITZ are all old recycled movies. I will be swithcing to FIOS soon!!!

*****UPDATE******

Called FIOS and they will cover early termination fee...BYe Bye COMCAST!!!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Very unhappy to lose Cinemax for an inferior replacement-Hitz!

I have had Cinemax as long as I have had cable-along with the top package,

and I am not about to pay $12 a month to get it back.

New Poster

I have tivo and they no longer offer on demans.  They still charge the same for having a eivo card.  I just went to Hulu premium and will modify my xfinity oackage shortly.  Hey Comcast you are not the only game in town anymore.  Cut your rates or we will cut you

New Poster

Hitz is totally inferior and I will never watch it. What a joke of a channel.  It is an insult to equate it to Cinemax.

What is outrageous is the way this was done.  This is a disgrace!   tiny print on my June bill that i had to go back and try to find.  Is this the way you treat premium customers?  I've been a premium consumer for almost 3 decades and this is how you treat me?  

what is the point of getting a 'package deal' if you can make such a dramatic change to the package?  What is the point when you give such lousy notice.