Community Forum

Help.. cannot watch my favorite NHL Team!!

Regular Visitor

Help.. cannot watch my favorite NHL Team!!

I dont know who can help me, even if Xfinity can but seeing if anyone else ran into this situation.  I live in an area of NJ, where I get the NY stations (so FOX, NBC, CBS, etc.. as well as MSG), so I get the NY sports teams, however, I am a Philidaelphia fan.  So I ordered NHL.TV last year and had no issues watching the Flyers game.  This year its considered a blackout market I guess my location.  So its blacked out on NHL.TV but I also do not get it on Xfinity, so basically I am not too happy in being able to watch what I consider an out of market team...  Do you think Xfinity can offer me up the Philly stations as I know NHL.TV will not change their blackout market.

Regular Contributor

Re: Help.. cannot watch my favorite NHL Team!!

Pardon me for asking, but what is your ZIP Code? It would make it easier to try and determine what are the actual blackout teams in your area.

Keep in mind that even if Xfinity did offer, say, NBC Sports Philadelphia (which is the regional sports network for the Flyers), there's no guarantee that it would be smart enough - or even allowed - to not black out the Flyers games. Where I live, I can get the station with the NBA Sacramento Kings (because it also has the NHL San Jose Sharks), but the Kings games are blacked out because I am considered to live in the Golden State Warriors area.

Regular Visitor

my zip code is 08822, which is between NY and Philly.. NHL.TV does note that as blackout area, which is odd.. it will note Rangers, Islanders, Devils and Flyers... I get the first 3 but Flyers I dont get, so I feel like I am in this limbo area of not really having a defined market.  I guess if I moved 10 miles west to PA, I wouldnt have this issue... just an odd situation unless I am not alone here

Regular Contributor

@wnderwo wrote:

my zip code is 08822, which is between NY and Philly.. NHL.TV does note that as blackout area, which is odd.. it will note Rangers, Islanders, Devils and Flyers...

Strange that NHL.TV says that you live in a Flyers zone, because the DirecTV Regional Sports Network lookup says you don't. I have a feeling you're going to have more of a chance at success pleading your case to NHL.TV rather than Xfinity.