Community Forum

Hallmark Drama Channel

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hallmark Drama Channel

Can you please add the Hallmark Drama Channel? They are playing shows and movies only on that channel and you don't currently carry this channel. Please add it! Thanks.   

Valued Contributor

Re: Hallmark Drama Channel

@Laurie3101 wrote:

Can you please add the Hallmark Drama Channel? They are playing shows and movies only on that channel and you don't currently carry this channel. Please add it! Thanks.   

See the topic here:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Hallmark-Drama-Channel/m-p/2958355#M87914

Other carriers are now offering the channel but for some reason it has yet to be added by comcast. There has been no news yet. I do check the channel locator from time to time to see if it's been updated.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. I appreciate your help. I still don't understand why they can't carry this channel. They have the other two. I pay enough for cable as it is. There are channels I don't eve watch & never will. I also heard that if I change my service I will lose certain channels that I do watch. I will not change my service unless I leave Comcast. I don't see why we can't add channels that we want to watch, and get rid of the ones we don't watch. Again, I appreciate your help.   

New Poster

. There is little on TV that interests me but I enjoy the movies of hallmark. I would also like to request Comcast consider adding hallmark drama. One of the series I truly enjoy is Signed Sealed Delivered. Smart funny scripts with a gentle reminder to be kind.  I recently discovered the series will continue on Hallmark Drama. I look forward to seeing the series continue to explore the relationships of the four main characters. 

Frequent Visitor

I guess we will never get Hallmark Drama channel. I pay a lot of money for channels I never watch. I know I am not alone! Xfinity, you stink! You have the capabilities and more than enough money to bring this channel and any others that your customers really want! I will not ask again, because you don't care about your customers at all! 

New Poster

I too would like to see hallmark drama on comcast

Official Employee

Hi All, thank you for your feedback regarding Hallmark Drama Channel. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to reach out to us. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Hi All, thank you for your feedback regarding Hallmark Drama Channel. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to reach out to us. 

KenF,

There's something customers are not being told in regards to the Hallmark Drama Channel. Why wouldn't the Drama channel be added since the original channel and Hallmark movies and mysteries are being offered by comcast? The Drama channel is now being offered by other providers since its launch in 2017 except comcast and I believe it's due to the fact that comcast cannot agree to the cost that crown media has set for the channel???

In addition, comcast has gone a step further and removed the online form to request any future channels to be added to the lineup. You stated that the channel lineup is evaluated to ensure the best possible channel lineup but how would comcast know that if the online request form to add a channel has been removed?

Official Employee

RadTV, I can't speak on what other providers offer but we work with networks and programmers to provide content that our customers want through various content negotiations. We're dedicated to providing customers with content and pricing that they value. 

We take feedback here! Every time there are posts on these type of threads, I'm sending that same feedback to my superiors. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I recently switched from Frontier to Xfinity which I was hesitant at first but your representative was very persuasive with regards to what Xfinity had to offer but what I did not know at the time was that Xfinity did not offer the Hallmark Drama channel. Let me tell you at first I was furious and if I could have switched back I would have. It cost me more money switching to Xfinity and I have no Hallmark Drama channel and my TV literally stayed on that channel. I miss my daily lineup and it seems like its pulling teeth to get this channel on the Comcast line up. As much money as we pay monthly and as much money as Comcast has come on decision makers, as customers really are we asking for toooo much!!!!
Official Employee

Talkinjack, sorry to hear about your experience but thanks for posting! I'd like to investigate this experience. I have submitted feedback to get this channel offered. Please let me if you'd like further assistance. 

Valued Contributor

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Talkinjack, sorry to hear about your experience but thanks for posting! I'd like to investigate this experience. I have submitted feedback to get this channel offered. Please let me if you'd like further assistance. 

Thank you for doing that. I did submit the request when the online form was available but nothing became of that???

New Poster

I agree with the others here. I love the Hallmark channels. Please add the Drama channel.
New Poster

I DEFINITELY want Xfinity to add Hallmark Drama channel to their lineup. I never watch anything else EXCEPT Hallmark channels. So please add Hallmark Drama ASAP, since it started on other cable providers over 2 years ago. It’s about time that Xfinity starts offering it as well.
New Poster

I enjoy Hallmark Drama Channel very much but haven't had the chance to see it.

New Poster

Please add it. So much neg. it would be great to add positive. Been with you since your company began.
New Poster

I also agree, I would like to have the hallmark drama channel added to the channel line up.
New Poster

I agree that adding Hallmark Drama Channel would be a great addition to the channel lineup.....come on, Comcast!! Just do it!!
Regular Contributor

It looks like Comcast and Crown Media (parent company of channels Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries) reached an carriage agreement for Hallmark Drama linear channel.

“Crown Media Family Networks said Hallmark Drama, the company’s third linear cable network, launched today (Sept. 10) on Comcast's Xfinity X1 platform. Customers who have the Digital Preferred package can say “Hallmark Drama” into the Xfinity Voice Remote to live tune to the network or tune to channel 1460. Crown launched the network in 2017, with the first breakthrough coming on launch on Dish Network. Other distributors of note include DirecTV, Cox Communications and NCTC affiliates, along with virtual pay-TV providers including Fubo, Philo and Sony PlayStation Vue. Charter Communications also includes Hallmark Drama in its TV Essentials offering for broadband-only customers, according to Crown distribution executive Erin McIlvain. She said the Xfinity launch brings the channel up above the 25-million subscriber mark.

Hallmark Drama is soon to launch its first proprietary original shows, including holiday specials Christmas Cookie Matchup (pictured above) and Project Christmas Joy plus new installments in the “Signed, Sealed, Delivered” movie franchise and the sequel to the 2016 original movie JL Family Ranch starring Jon Voight, Teri Polo, James Caan, Bo Derek and Dylan Walsh. Hallmark Drama also features series and movies from Crown Media’s library. Crown's other two linear channels are Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

“With the kick-off of our beloved holiday programming right around the corner and the imminent rollout of brand-new original content on Hallmark Drama, the timing for this launch could not be better,” Erin McIlvain, executive vice president, content strategy and distribution for Crown Media Family Networks, said in a release. “We have built a strong partnership with Comcast over the years and with the addition of Hallmark Drama to Xfinity X1’s suite of Crown Media offerings, Xfinity customers will now have a unique new way to enjoy more of the Hallmark-branded entertainment they know and love.”

In an interview, McIlvain credited Comcast. "They're a good partner and they see the value in our networks and they understand that there's an appetite for Hallmark content," she said. Comcast carries all three linear channels and the Hallmark Movies Now subscription VOD service.”

https://www.multichannel.com/news/hallmark-drama-launches-on-xfinity-x1
Frequent Visitor

Is Xfinity/Comcast really carrying Hallmark Drama starting today, 09/10/2019? What channel?

Frequent Visitor

It says it requires a subscription! Seriously?! I pay enough for my triple play which includes X1 Platform! I also fear that I will lose a lot of other channels if I make any change to add this one! Thanks a lot Xfinity/Comcast! Get my hopes up then let me down! 

Frequent Visitor

Where I have X1 Digital Preferred, I should see it and not be required to add it to my package. I keep hearing that if I change my current package I will lose a lot of other channels that I watch frequently! Fix it Xfinity/Comcast for all of us who already have X1 Digital Preferred! Thanks!  

Expert

@Laurie3101 wrote:

Where I have X1 Digital Preferred, I should see it and not be required to add it to my package. I keep hearing that if I change my current package I will lose a lot of other channels that I watch frequently! Fix it Xfinity/Comcast for all of us who already have X1 Digital Preferred! Thanks!  

Have you tried saying "Hallmark Drama" into your remote?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

Laurie3101,

I would give it till tomorrow for access. When Comcast adds channels it tends to take a some hours for authentication to go through.

I remember when Newsmax TV launched (I forgot which tiers it was available for) and I didn’t have access immediately but it took a few hours or the next day for access to be available.

I’m not home at the moment. But when I get home. I will try to tune to channel 1460 and let you know if I got access. I’m on the same tier (Digital Preferred) as you.

Also, it looks like Hallmark Drama is an IP channel. So only X1 boxes are able to access the channel.
Regular Contributor

Laurie3101,

I'm in the Philadelphia region and I just checked this afternoon and I am able to tune to Hallmark Drama on channel 1460. Not sure which region you are in but if you are in my area it should be available now.

Hallmark Drama also showed up in the Xfinity Stream app but only in-home. There isn’t a TV Go version of Hallmark Drama for out-of-home streaming.

Frequent Visitor

Bruistopher, I am south of Boston, MA. I checked this afternoon when I got home from work & it is on now! Thanks so much.  I am so happy with this new channel add from Xfinity/Comcast! Maybe others will get the channels they want!