Community Forum

HGTV picture problems

Highlighted
New Poster

HGTV picture problems

HGTV keeps pixelating ( is that a word) while watchinh a program.  Yet it does not do it during the commercials .. any ideas on how to fix it?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: HGTV picture problems

@racrowell124 wrote:

HGTV keeps pixelating ( is that a word) while watchinh a program.  Yet it does not do it during the commercials .. any ideas on how to fix it?

do you have other x1 set top boxes? if so do they have the same problem at the same time? when you are having problems try running the streaming website or smart device with the stream TV app and see if the problem happens in the cloud stream too. image may be a few seconds behind live TV so it gives you a chance to look at the portable device and wait for the same moment of the video to see if the same pixelation happens on that streaming device.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@racrowell124 wrote:

Is that the only channel that has this issue?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Yes it is

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@racrowell124 wrote:

Yes it is

I have two channels, one is SD and the other is HD.  Do you have both and which channel has the issue?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have HGTV in HD on two separate TVs and its the only channel that has been pixelating on both TVs.

Expert

@Shannontravers wrote:

I have HGTV in HD on two separate TVs and its the only channel that has been pixelating on both TVs.

that is a good diagnosis. the different numbered channels for set top boxes come in on different frequencies.  what you have proven is that the problem is somewhere between your home (inside) or outside to the Comcast server. A tech will be needed to determine the problem. if you wish to be sure it is not part of your home wiring that is the problem hook up a TV to the outside wire coming to your home at the demarcation box. if it is still 'bad' there then the problem is definitely not in your home.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

if you wish to be sure it is not part of your home wiring that is the problem hook up a TV to the outside wire coming to your home at the demarcation box. if it is still 'bad' there then the problem is definitely not in your home.
_________
Not a good solution, as you can’t get any service right from a cable to a tv (you need a cable box and a tv brought outside to test connection).

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

@Shannontravers
Check that all your cables are tight and in good repair, remove any extra splitters and possibly have a tech out.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you.

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the same problem.... on just HGTV. No other channels are doing this.
We have reset the DVR and the modem. So it is a problem somewhere other than the customers.
It has to be either an HGTV problem or Xfinity/Comcast.
Whe I call in about it they tell me to reset everything... I have.... or to have someone comeout.... at a cost to me.

Highlighted
New Poster

This would not  just be happening to HGTV, it would be a problem on other channels.
This is happening to JUST HGTV!!
So it is not on our end.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Channels come in on different frequencies, so it is very possible it happens to just one channel or channels that you don’t have access to. There’s no charge to you unless a tech does something inside your house. Unless it’s weather related it’s not going to fix itself

Highlighted
New Poster

Actually, I just called and through a robo call, they detected "errors" in my DVR and did a reset.
So far it appears to have corrected the problem.