Community Forum

HD channels and non HD channels

New Poster

HD channels and non HD channels

why do we see both channels HD and non HD when paying for HD

If you are paying for HD and the same  non HD channels are visible there is no point -only the non HD should be visible if no HD is present It seems like you want people to think there are more channels to watch and included in the number of channels in the package - we are not idiots they are the same channel. why do we even pay for HD when today's tvs already come with HD - to not get HD is downgrading the tv that we purchased - this seems like stealing from the TV capabilities - when are you going to stop throttling the cabability that we already purchased?

Official Employee

Re: HD channels and non HD channels

Hello, leibrig! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

Customers pay for a subscription to various networks and their sub-channels (example: Nick and Nick Jr.), not the amount of channels numbers they have access to. For example when a service plan says "view 140+ channels" its more like: 140+ networks.

We allow customers with HD access to both SD and HD for a variety of reasons. Some customers just prefer to have access to both, if a network is having troubles with their HD broadcast sometimes their SD broadcast will be working and vice versa so it is good for temporary troubleshooting. 

Channels come to you in groups on different frequencies, many of which aren't even used, so it does not throttle the ability for channels to get to you. If you have the X1 system, there is an "auto-tune to HD" feature you can enable so if you inadvertently select an SD channel in your guide, it will automatically tune you to the HD version. 

Please let me know if this helps answer your concerns or if you have further concerns I can help you with. Smiley Happy

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: HD channels and non HD channels

As I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this conversation. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!