Community Forum

HBO on demand not working for Alien Covenant

Highlighted
New Poster

HBO on demand not working for Alien Covenant

How come I cannot get Alien Covenant on demand from HBO when all other movies are available?

Expert

Re: HBO on demand not working for Alien Covenant

I just noticed the same thing this morning. It's not available on-demand. I'll escalate the issue and post if/when I know more. 

PS @Rustyben says it's available on HBO GO if that's an option for you. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hello Millec. At this time, our database shows "Alien: Covenant" is currently available by 20th Century Fox available for purchase for $10.99 in HD.

Contributor

Hi ComcastJoeTru,

You're missing the point. This is happening to several movies that should be available in SD for free OnDemand. For example, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword is doing the same thing. It's still being shown live at different times on different HBO SD channels. It's available for free via the unlimited aspect of HBO Go, which is free with a cable subscriptions. HBO claims it should be free OnDemand until 3/24. Yet, the X1 Xfinity box isn't providing the option at all (i.e. it's not even offering the SD option). It's only showing it as an HD purchase "buy" option. If you go through the forums, you'll find that this problem is happening to several people. It appears to be an update glitch.

Official Employee

Hi @Jhera. We are only able to make content available free or included with subscription as provided by the networks themselves. It would be normal that you can see some programs on HBO Go available, that are not available on XFINITY Stream On Deman included with subscription.

For this reason, I have verified the content in our video database, we currently have King Arthur: Legend of the Sword available to purchase in SD for $9.99 available from WB, and NOT available free with HBO subscription On Demand as designed. Furthermore, content airing on a network linear channel, does not mean it will always be made available On Demand free with subscription. 

HBO Go is their own platform. We have no control over content made available there. 

New Poster

You have got to love paying Comcast and getting absolutely awful support after. A subscription to hbo doesn’t allow you to watch new hbo movie on demand.......I’ve been searching for alien covenant for a couple weeks and here is the answer. A vague answer why Comcast is collecting a subscription to hbo and not providing its movies on demand. It’s your issue Comcast. It’s not hbo it’s you
Contributor

Hi again.

1. Correction to what I originally wrote: I meant SD "buy" option and that it should be free and was showing it as paid offer. I realized this after I wrote my note and was too tired to fix the HD.

2. If you go to HBO's website, it literally states: "Available until Sat, Mar 24 On Demand." It is literally FREE with subscription across all HBO offerings online and offline except suddenly, out of the blue, Xfinity's On Demand via cable, which is odd given that every other movie in the past has been free with subscription -- as normal. Warner Bros (WB.), btw, merely produced the film. They are not the channel in this case. And this isn't the only HBO movie. Again, the same happened with Alien: Convenant as the subject of the thread points out. This appears to be a glitch. 

https://www.hbo.com/schedule-search-results?productIds=558158

Contributor

Update for those still trying to watch Alien: Covenant via the On Demand service...

I just checked and the Free SD version has been re-added to On Demand. It's available until 3/17. At least in my region. Hopefully that means it's available for everyone.

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword still has not been re-added as a free option.