Community Forum

HBO boxing not in HD... Only one HD channel for HBO!

New Poster

HBO boxing not in HD... Only one HD channel for HBO!

I just changed to XFINITY. I was trying to watch boxing on HBO and its not in HD.  OMG.  What this about!  With Dish, ATT, and Direct TV all my HBO channels where in HD.  Isn't this 2017?  Who still has a old TV set.  

I guess I'm pulling this 'stuff' out and going back to dish.  I never expected to have stand broad cast on a premium channel I was paying for!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: HBO boxing not in HD... Only one HD channel for HBO!

JimW1 wrote:

I just changed to XFINITY. I was trying to watch boxing on HBO and its not in HD.  OMG.  What this about!  With Dish, ATT, and Direct TV all my HBO channels where in HD.  Isn't this 2017?  Who still has a old TV set.  

I guess I'm pulling this 'stuff' out and going back to dish.  I never expected to have stand broad cast on a premium channel I was paying for!

Do you have the HD Technology Fee associated with your account?   If not, you wouldn't see HD channels and you would only be able to watch the SD channel of the fight on HBO.   Call into Comcast at 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489, select BILLING and speak with a CSR about your account and equipment.

Problem Solver

You should have at the very least the main HBO channel in HD in your market. Any additional HD HBO feeds vary by market. Comcast has reallocated bandwidth for other channels and internet capacity by removing these additional HBO feeds in some markets.

Contributor

Same problem here. We get 23 channels (in SD) between HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz, but only 4 of them are available in HD. As you said, it's 2017. Get with it. This shouldn't be an issue seeing as how 4K is now moving in. Comcast is HDphobic.

Problem Solver

Why aren't they more HD HBO's on tv go?

New Poster

Yes I have HD, I was stating the fact that only one of my HBO channels was in HD!  I also notice HBO On Demand only has about 1/4 of the programs/movies that were available on Dish.  Why is Comcast so cheap?

Regular Contributor

Same in Maryland, only one HD channel per premium channel

Regular Contributor

HBO East/West are the main HBO Channels .. depending on your region you only have 1 HBO Channel in HD.. not both.... the frustrating thing is that live boxing matches air on HBO East before West so you have to wait 3 hours to watch your favorite show/fight in HD. 

Official Employee

Waqas1, I responded to your private message please reach back out to me there.