Community Forum

HBO and Cinemax OnDemand Free Preview

Highlighted
Administrator

HBO and Cinemax OnDemand Free Preview

HBO.jpg

Beginning tomorrow, July 6 at 6:00 AM local time, and continuing through Tuesday, July 10 at 6:00 AM local time, Xfinity customers can enjoy a free preview of HBO and Cinemax content through our Xfinity On Demand platforms. This free preview is available to all Xfinity customers, including non-Xfinity TV subscribers. Non-Xfinity TV customers can watch on the Xfinity Stream app and web portal using their Xfinity username and password.

Customers can watch the entire HBO and Cinemax library of movies and original series during the free preview, including seasons one through six of Game of Thrones.

Frequently Asked Questions: 

If a customer already subscribes to HBO or Cinemax On Demand, will they receive any credit during the month of July because of the Xfinity On Demand free preview?

No. Current HBO or Cinemax subscribers will be charged the monthly fee for July's subscription.

I heard HBO and Cinemax are having a free preview. I went to the linear channels, but they are not available. Why?

The HBO and Cinemax Xfinity On Demand free preview is not available through the linear channels. I apologize for any inconvenience.

I heard HBO and Cinemax are having a free preview. I went to HBOGO.com and MAXGO.com and they were not available. Why?

The HBO and Cinemax Xfinity On Demand free preview is not available through network websites, HBO GO and MAX GO. However, the On Demand content is available during the free preview online with the Xfinity Stream portal and on mobile devices with the Xfinity Stream app.

How can I download content?

HBO and Cinemax content is not available for download due to rights constraints.

HBO and Cinemax are unsuitable for my family. Can you remove them from my service?

I apologize for any inconvenience the HBO/Cinemax Xfinity On Demand free preview may have caused. You can "lock" any unwanted programming by using the Parental Controls feature.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: HBO and Cinemax OnDemand Free Preview

All this week the channel was free, no announcements, no emails, no anything WHATS UP, at least when I had Direct TV we had TV screen announcements!!!!!!!!