Community Forum

HBO Max Now available on Xfinity X1 and Flex boxes

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: HBO MAX

Can you download HBO Max onto your Samsung tv?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

I bought my Samsung tv in 2018 and yes it is a smart TV  I download things on my phone all the time  I really don't know how to download something on a TV  I am not a tech kind of person  and I would rather not mess with the TV  as long as Xfinity can add hbo max before the end of the year I'll be satisfied I do have other apps   on my TV though xfinity and my X1 box that I pay for  Netflix and Hulu plus free apps peacock. Tubi Pluto  and other free apps as well just one final note I am very satisfied that Xfinity allows me to get some of the best apps right on my TV if my only choice to watch  streaming apps was on my  tablet or phone  I would have no apps at all  yes I know all about  amazon fire stick and Roku but I just like keeping things simple and easy 

New Poster

HBO max “raised by wolves” series

We want to watch HBO-max new “raised by wolves” sci-fi series—but it doesn’t appear on xfinity HBO/max options.

Why is this? Does anyone have answers? 

Contributor

Re: HBO max “raised by wolves” series

You would have to watch from the HBO Max app.  It won't be broadcast on regular HBO.  

New Poster

I did figure out the answer to my question. HBO/MAX isn't YET a part of the Xfinity remote app/platform--but I can go to the HBO/MAX stand-alone app & create an hbo/max app password & account, paying through my xfinity account.

There's NO free trial offer this way, and I'm paying a dollar more (?) ....

Regular Contributor

Nope. I cannot cast it from my phone to one of my TVs.
Regular Contributor

What a joke that this thread was marked as answered. A link to a page that tells you nothing is not an answer.

It’s now October 4, and there is still no sign of HBO max on X1. If you do a search on HBO max, it brings you to a page that tells you to use an app. I don’t want to use an app. I have a TV because I like watching TV shows on TV. I can’t even use my Roku because it’s not available there either. But Roku never sent me an email telling me that HBO max is now available.

HBO max is promoting a series on Facebook that I would love to see. But I’m not giving up my 50 inch TV to watch it on a 15 inch laptop.

When are we actually getting HBO Max??
Regular Contributor

HBO Max

I have a non-X1 cable box.  I subscribe to HBO.  Can I watch HBO Max on my computer since it doesn't seem to be a listed channel or on my HBO OnDemand?

Most Valued Poster

Re: HBO max

@CCAndrew

@ComcastJessie put an update on another thread dated early June abou HBO MAX and said it was now available  on X1 and we could sign on thru the website or the App. Its not listed in my X1 apps on my TV and when I tried to reply to her post it took me back to the forum home page and I tried twice. So....why is it not included in my X1 apps. It shows 'included' in my package. I used voice remote and it said to sign up thru website..what  website and please tell me whats going on and thanks. I am strictly referring to HBO MAX on TV not other devices.

Most Valued Poster

Re: HBO Max

@CCAndrew wrote:
Yes or through HBO but right now that isn’t on cable boxes yet

@CCAndrew wrote:
Yes or through HBO but right now that isn’t on cable boxes yet

===

@CCAndrew   

Its Oct 12 and still no app on X1 box so I can sign in. How are we supposed to watch HBO MAX on TV?

Frequent Visitor

Terri,

See my post directly above yours. 

Until such time as Comcast adds the HBO Max streaming app to the X1 ecosystem, you will have to rely on a third-party device (e.g., your TV or a streaming media device) for the source of the stream.  If your display allows it, you can also cast the stream from a mobile device.

Diamond Problem Solver

It hasn’t been released to X1 yet check this last update made, the only other early June comment made was the one further up this thread
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/HBOMax-not-compatible-with-older-HBO-bundle-p...

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/hbo-max

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

@chi_guy501 wrote:

Terri,

See my post directly above yours. 

Until such time as Comcast adds the HBO Max streaming app to the X1 ecosystem, you will have to rely on a third-party device (e.g., your TV or a streaming media device) for the source of the stream.  If your display allows it, you can also cast the stream from a mobile device.

--

Yep I saw your post but Comcast Jessie said it was on X1 when she posted in early June  that it was on X1 which to me means it should show up on my Apps on the TV.  You included TV as a third party device.......I don't understand what you meant. I only want to access if from my TV via the cable box.

Frequent Visitor

Terri,

It was--and still is AFAIK--destined to be included in the X1 apps.  However, Comcast must write the coding for the app to function on their devices and this can take time.  The launch has apparently been delayed, perhaps due in part to the pandemic.  Thus, Jessie was probably not incorrect--although in retrospect a bit overly optimistic--when she posted about its availability.  In fact, the last word was that it was due by the end of September, which has not held true.

In the meantime, you can not access the app via your X1 STB.  If you have a "smart" TV, as almost all displays are these days, you can look for the HBO Max app in your app search feature.   If the TV's operating system is Android TV (e.g., Sony, TCL, Hisense), you will most likely find it there, in addition to most late-model Samsungs.  It will also be coming soon to Roku TV and Roku streaming devices.  And you can also use your Xfinity sign-in credentials to access HBO Max at its web site, HBOMax.com.

Otherwise, you can use a supported media streaming device (e.g., Nvidia Shield TV or Apple TV) connected to your TV's HDMI input.  Or you can cast the stream from a compatible mobile device such as a tablet or smart phone.  For more detailed information and instructions, see the below HBO Max Support web page:

Which devices work with HBO Max?

Most Valued Poster

@CCAndrew wrote:
It hasn’t been released to X1 yet check this last update made, the only other early June comment made was the one further up this thread
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/HBOMax-not-compatible-with-older-HBO-bundle-p...

I went to the HBO MAX website and  chose Xfinity as my provider and  it did not ask me for my Comcast id/password. It asked to me to create an HBO MAX acccount which I did. It only wanted my name and email.   Then I checked and its  still not on X1  as an app. When I use voice remote for HBO MAX it still says 'its coming' but I am able to  get the shows,etc by choosing 'play free to me' but I am not sure thats any different than it was before I  created the account on their website because I never tried to watch anything that way. So now I have no clue if I am really signed up for it or not because you say its not on X1 yet.  I ASSUME that when it comes to X1 it will appear as any APP? Do we have a clue when that might be?
I wish they had just not said anything about it until it was fully available on X1 instead of saying "its coming".  <SIGH>

Most Valued Poster

Thanks Chi-guy,

I will just have to be patient I guess. I have zero desire to access it on my phone or tablet so I will try to forgot it even exists for the time being. I just wish they would not tell us its here or its coming without definitive dates.

Terri

Frequent Visitor

Terri,

Here's another alternative for you if you decide you would rather not wait for X1:  Purchase the new Chromecast with Google TV ($50 at most retailers).  It is a very promising, feature-rich, reasonably priced streaming media device that you connect to your TV (or sound bar or AV receiver, if you are using one) via HDMI.  The X1 is a closed ecosystem and only supports a very limited number of apps; it is thus a good idea to have at least one other streaming source.  I think that you will like what it has to offer, and at any rate it will afford you immediate access to HBO Max on your TV.

Chromecast with Google TV

Diamond Problem Solver

@TerriB
Can you post a link to Jessie’s post to see what you’re referring to?

Most Valued Poster

@CCAndrew wrote:
@TerriB
Can you post a link to Jessie’s post to see what you’re referring to?

You betcha..this was posted by Jessie on June 2nd

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/HBO-Max/m-p/3377467#M114683

Unless I have totally lost my mind  Andrew posted today that..."The only other early June comment made was the one further up this thread this today ." That is  not accurate because the one I just referred you to is by the same author...Jessie  ..

Most Valued Poster

@chi_guy501 wrote:

Terri,

Here's another alternative for you if you decide you would rather not wait for X1:  Purchase the new Chromecast with Google TV ($50 at most retailers).  It is a very promising, feature-rich, reasonably priced streaming media device that you connect to your TV (or sound bar or AV receiver, if you are using one) via HDMI.  The X1 is a closed ecosystem and only supports a very limited number of apps; it is thus a good idea to have at least one other streaming source.  I think that you will like what it has to offer, and at any rate it will afford you immediate access to HBO Max on your TV.

Chromecast with Google TV

---

Thanks for the suggestion but we just  don't  have the need to stream other than whats available on X1 . 

Diamond Problem Solver

The first link is the one I was referring to and nowhere does it mention HBO app on X1. In fact, X1 isn’t mentioned in that post at all. A re-reading may be necessary. The app mentioned would have a mobile version of HBO Max.

Second link is from August to give you additional information

Most Valued Poster

@CCAndrew wrote:
The first link is the one I was referring to and nowhere does it mention HBO app on X1. In fact, X1 isn’t mentioned in that post at all. A re-reading may be necessary. The app mentioned would have a mobile version of HBO Max.

Second link is from August to give you additional information

=========

I am pasting Jessie's post for clarification....one says the HBO MAX service is available to Xfinity customers and does not say which devices. The other says we will be notified when its available on X1 and Flex.  Sorry that you don't find this confusing. When someone tells me I can sign up for the service that tells me I can use it. I am not going to beat this dead horse any longer but  judging by all the comments about the timing of and signing up for the service (long before I got involved) tells me the communication from Comcast has been muddy at best.  Customers would have been better served to not hear anything about 'in the coming days' or 'will be notified', etc in connection with HBO MAX until it was a reality or very close to it. I think you can see by user comments that its a mess.

Administrator

**UPDATE 06/02/2020**

HBO Max, a new streaming service that offers the entire HBO service, including linear channels and On Demand programming, as well as original programming and movies and TV shows from Warner Bros, CNN, TNT, TBS, DC and New Line, is now available to Xfinity customers.

All Xfinity HBO subscribers, including Xfinity Internet-only customers with a Flex device, can now use their Xfinity credentials to sign in to the HBO Max website or app and access the service’s full content library at no additional cost.

**Original Message**

All,

Thank you for posting your questions here in the Xfinity Forum. In the coming days, all Xfinity HBO subscribers, including Internet-only customers with a Flex device, can use their Xfinity ID and password to sign in to the HBO Max website or app and access the service’s full content library at no additional cost. We will notify customers when the HBO Max app is available on X1 and Flex.

Once it launches fully to all our customers we will update this post and share additional details here in the Xfinity Forum.  Thank you in advance for your continued patience. 

New Poster

So I have something weird going on that I wondered if you guys could help me out with. I purchased HBO on by Flex and it says I have access to HBOMax now, I have tried logging into the App on my phone and tried it on 2 laptops, when I sign in with my Xfinity username and password to gain access on the HBOMax website it is supposed to take me to the Account Creation page for HBOMax but instead it takes me to an Xfinity HBO promotional page asking me to purchase HBO. It doesnt give me any access and Im not sure what to do at this point. Ive reached out to Xfinity and HBO multiple times and am really frustrated at this point. Any ideas? 

New Poster

When is HBO Max going to be on X1?

Hello! I work for HBO Max and am also a subscriber to the streaming service as well as an Xfinity customer. Currently, I have to stream HBO Max on my MacBook on the site logged in with my Xfinity credentials, and plug into my TV with HDMI. The service launched at the end of May, we are almost to November.  I have seen a lot of customers asking when will HBO Max be available via the X1 box. Do you have a date set for this or a timeline in mind for when this is happening?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: When is HBO Max going to be on X1?

Nothing has been announced. The pandemic has pushed everything back. Your employer should be a source of updates as well

New Poster

Re: When is HBO Max going to be on X1?

As an AT&T investor, I follow the financial news. After reading an article about the dismal subscriber numbers on HBO Max, which is even free to many, I realized that I should be getting HBO Max as part of my HBO subscription on Xfinity.

After many searches and much confusion, I realized that HBO Max is not yet available on my X1 set top box! How stupid is that? It seems backward to make the service available on auxiliary devices before the set top box.

No wonder the subscriber numbers are so dismal. 

Contributor

HBO MAX App

In checking for the app for HBO MAX it appears that the "Comming soon" statement is no longer showing. When asking for  the app it directs you to HULU MAXX MOVIE. The question is will comcast no longer have the app for it ?   I wonder if they will not have the CBS ALL ACCESS  app as well.  All the changes Comcast is doing, it does not appear to favor the consumer.  As many have posted they never give any good target dates. Consumers need a little extra in these times. Just my observation.

Contributor

Re: HBO MAX App

I was so looking forward to having HBO MAX on my 65 inch tv and Now my only option is to to see it on my tiny phone screen or tablet

is it still available on xfinity flex ?

Contributor

If your tv is a smart tv like mine is it might have the HBO Max app on it.

Contributor

I posted last night  at 827pm  That apparently HBOMAX is not going to be added to X1Box when I said using the X1 remote HBOMAX  it brought up on my TV Screen something call HULU MAXX  I said this morning into my X1 remote HBOMAX and now it says HBOMAX is coming to X1  I guess there  their was some kind of  problem yesterday but I am really glad the HBOMAX coming to X1 is back on my tv screen 

thanks xfinity 

Contributor

I checked my Tv and the "Coming Soon"  to X1 has now appeared  again. Thats good news but sadly its still "Coming Soon"

New Poster

I cannot get it but it says I have as a part of subscription!
Most Valued Poster

@Dsmack123 wrote:
I cannot get it but it says I have as a part of subscription!

It magically appeared for us about a month ago.

New Poster

Unfortunately I found I can no longer connect to HBOMAX on my streaming app through my Comcast account due to it being available on my set top box. . Raised By Wolves. Isn't offered there so I guess outside of paying for another HBOMAX account there's no way yo watch it. What gives? I've only seen the first 3 episodes and now I can't watch the rest?
New Poster

If you own one, the xbox has the hbomax app.

Contributor

Nov 20 is here and still no App available via my cable box. The more I think about it the more Comcast does not care about having the App available via the cable box. I have been a loyal customer and loyal HBO subscriber and not having the App available via my cable box is just a crime. Plain and simple. If you care about customers like myself why don't you offer the services for the amount of $$ customers pay each month. PATHETIC!

Most Valued Poster

I made a mistake a while back on here. I do NOT have the HBO MAX app on my tv . I had used my voice remote and asked for HBO MAX and the screen that appears with the shows and movies,etc says HBO...HBO MAX so I thought that was it but NOT. I went to the HBO MAX website and it says I am subscribed so now I am completely and entirely confused.

New Poster

HBO Max onto Flex

I'm already a subscriber to HBO Max. How do I get this onto my Flex device without incurring another subscription? The Flex interface implies that you'll have a subscription through Xfinity rather than allowing you to put in your information through a login screen.

Regular Contributor

It's been months - Where is HBO Max?

I have ZERO interest in watching HBO Max on a laptop, phone, or tablet.  I have TVs  because I like watching TV series on a TV.

WHEN is  HBO Max, which I'm paying Comcast for, going to be available through X1?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: It's been months - Where is HBO Max?

Still nothing announced

Regular Contributor

It apparently has just been added to Amazon Firestick.  Am I actually going to have to give more money to Amazon in order to watch something I'm paying Comcast for?

New Poster

Re: HBO Max onto Flex

Same Issue here. How do I link ly current HBO Max subscription from AT&T to my Flex?
Diamond Problem Solver

Guess so, as a consumer do what you have to do if you aren’t able to wait any longer

Contributor

We were told back in May that it'd be "coming soon" plus X1 has been advertising it for months as well. I pay for HBO Max through Comcast yet unable to watch?

This wait is insane.

Regular Contributor

I agree.
Regular Contributor

I can stream directly through my tv using the xfininty log in option. That bypasses the box untill it is avalable on box. 

Regular Contributor

That is interesting.  Do you mean that you sign into the internet on your smart TV (bypassing Comcast), go to the HBO Max site, sign in, and watch that way?

Regular Contributor

Yes through the tv  sreaming directly. It gives the option for several providers including  xfinity to log in through. I by pass the box all together as my tv has the HBO MAX app. Not sure if it would work using the TV's browser but I would think it would. 

Regular Contributor

I have a Samsung TV but it’s not one of those that has the HBO Max app.
Regular Contributor

I had to download the app in the tv's app options.  I also have a new Samsung. It is not in the default apps that came with it. Use the app icon to go to the apps if you have that.