Community Forum

HBO MAX

Highlighted
New Poster

HBO MAX

Hi, I have HBO, but am unable to find HBO MAX on my TV. Any help us appreciated. Thank you.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: HBO MAX

It’s because it’s not available there yet (assuming you mean cable box when you say tv).
For your reference
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/HBO-Max/td-p/3283181

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thank you so much! Any idea when/if the streaming app will be available thru the cable box, like Netflix is? Is there a way to download the app thru the cable box?
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Nothing yet has been announced. Any future announcements will be made on that posted thread.X1 boxes get updated automatically, the app will show when the update is done

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Contributor

I have this message:  HBO customers now have access to HBO Max at no additional cost.  Xfinity HBO customers can access HBO Max by signing in to the HBO Max app or website with their Xfinity credentials.

I do no see the HBO app in the apps section.  So, how do I sign it?  Where is the app?  I do have HBO.

Highlighted
Contributor

I was just able to sign up for an HBO Max account with Xfinity with my IPad Pro.  So how do I get this on the TV?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Did you not read what CCAndrew said in his post?

There isn’t a native HBO Max app on the X1 or Flex boxes yet. Warner and Comcast are working on that at the moment.

But you go to HBO Max website they have a section in the “faqs” that lists what devices you can use HBO Max on.

Here is a link for that:

https://help.hbomax.com/Answer/Detail/20

Again, there is NOT an HBO Max app on the X1 cable or Flex boxes yet. So you will have to wait.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am a Comcast and HBO subscriber. I downloaded HBO Max to my Android phone and tried to sign in with my Comcast credentials but it just sits there. It doesn't accept it or reject it, it just gets hung up. Is anyone else having this problem?
Highlighted
Contributor

i read the post. still a shame that HBO Max is not yet available on the TV. i understand these things take time but having faith in Xfinity to do the right thing is complicated. 

let's see if Xfinity can do the right thing and quickly because many of their customers are watching closely

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

It’ll happen, just like anything else, it takes time

Highlighted
New Poster

It takes time is not answer to when hbo max is coming too xfinity tv . It's another excuse.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

The same answer can be found here, when there is an update it’ll be posted. It was never going to be instant once a deal was made. Be patient
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/HBO-Max/td-p/3283181