Community Forum

HBO MAX

Highlighted
New Poster

HBO MAX

I am an HBO subscriber. How can I get HBO Max for free on my TVs?

Highlighted
Contributor

HBO MA on PC

Hi

I can receive HOB NMAX on my PC X1,    but where can it be found on the TV.  Looked on demand, and on the apps but no HBO max?  where is it:)

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: HBO MA on PC

Hasn’t been added yet

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

so you aare sayhing  it  has not been added to the  TV, but I can receive it on TV via X1.  strange to me>  But in any case thank you for talking the time to answer  me:)

Allen

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Sorry your original sentence is hard to understand. If you don’t get it on a smart tv, that’s a question for HBO not Comcast.

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: HBO MAX

If a Smart TV, the App Store. Not yet for X1 boxes
Google search
https://www.theverge.com/21272223/hbo-max-app-how-to-watch-download-price-subscription-stream-shows

Highlighted
New Poster

Any idea if HBO Max will become available as an app on the X1 box? Seems ridculous that I can access HBO Max on my iPhone and my PC but not on my TV.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

It will, just no date yet

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

HBO Max

Are we supposed to have the HBO max app on our X1 boxes by now? I joined their on-line thing thru my comcast acct. but watching on my laptop does nothing for me. Is it supposed to be on our tv's yet? Haven't seen anything on here to indicate that anybody has it yet but I don't know. I live right outside of Phila. Anyone know anything? I keep waiting for it to pop up under apps but still nothing

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: HBO Max

Nope to both questions as per Official Employee response “later in 2020”
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/HBOMax-not-compatible-with-older-HBO-bundle-p...

Highlighted
Administrator

@medforduser  &  @skintime 

Thank you for posting your question here in the Xfinity Forum. HBO Max is available if you currently subscribe to HBO services. Unfortunately, at this time, the HBO Max app is not available via Xfinity X1.

If this changes in the future and we add HBO Max to X1 app, we will be sure to post those updates here. 

For additional information about HBO Max and your Xfinity subscription please see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/create-hbo-max-account

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@ComcastJessie wrote:

@medforduser  &  @skintime 

Thank you for posting your question here in the Xfinity Forum. HBO Max is available if you currently subscribe to HBO services. Unfortunately, at this time, the HBO Max app is not available via Xfinity X1.

If this changes in the future and we add HBO Max to X1 app, we will be sure to post those updates here. 

For additional information about HBO Max and your Xfinity subscription please see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/create-hbo-max-account

Ok. Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression that it would definitly be added to the x1 app somewhere down the line.  I'm signed up on their website so I guess I could watch on my laptop but that seems silly with all the tv I have on x1. I'll just keep an eye out. If you hear anything could you please post on here? Thanks, Mike