Community Forum

HBO HD pixelating and sound distortion

New Poster

HBO HD pixelating and sound distortion

HBO HD is accessed through two Comcast channels in Baltimore City, 300 and 1802.

Both of these channels are experiencing pixelation and sound distortion, making them unwatchable.

Signal strength on 300 is 92 out of 100.

Signal strength on 1802 is 92 out of 100.

ALL OTHER CHANNELS show signal strength between 84-93 out of 100.

All other channels, including all HD and premium channels, are operating normally, with no problems.

Connections have been checked.

There are NO PROBLEMS with any other channels.  300 and 1802 are the only ones with pixelation and sound distortion.

Is there an upstream problem with HBO HD transmission to Baltimore hub?

Will someone look into it?

Expert

Re: HBO HD pixelating and sound distortion

@fellspoint wrote:

HBO HD is accessed through two Comcast channels in Baltimore City, 300 and 1802.

Both of these channels are experiencing pixelation and sound distortion, making them unwatchable.

Signal strength on 300 is 92 out of 100.

Signal strength on 1802 is 92 out of 100.

ALL OTHER CHANNELS show signal strength between 84-93 out of 100.

All other channels, including all HD and premium channels, are operating normally, with no problems.

Connections have been checked.

There are NO PROBLEMS with any other channels.  300 and 1802 are the only ones with pixelation and sound distortion.

Is there an upstream problem with HBO HD transmission to Baltimore hub?

Will someone look into it?

there is really 'one' channel with 2 virtual channel numbers (the 4 digit are the new 'neighborhood' listings). you will need to call 800-comcast and ask for an in-house technician to find out the problem with the frequency of that HBO channel. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.