Community Forum

Guide Filter - Show only chanels I am subscribed to.

New Poster

Guide Filter - Show only chanels I am subscribed to.

As long as I have had Comcast,  this has been one of my gripes.  At this point seeing how many people have complained to have this "filter" ability on the guide - I feel slightly insulted and my opinion of Comcast is lowerd to:  Comcast is being extrodinarily Greedy by not implimenting this EXTRODINARILY EASY to impliment, filter function.  This is what customers want, Probably EVERY customer.  

Suggestion:  Pehaps, when you first turn on the box,  it defaults to ALL chanels,  then you can turn on the filter; but it goes back when you turn off the box.  So ALL chanels are shown when you first turn on the box every time. So agrivating that this is not already done.  : -/  Dont tell me use faveroits.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Guide Filter - Show only chanels I am subscribed to.

If you have the X1 platform, you can permanently change the guide to your preferred preference
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-default-guide-view

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

If you don't have X1, most likely you'll have to pay more to get it. They gave me a new box two weeks without the clock/channel display on it. I was told that I had to pay $10 more per month to get one with the display. I have had a box with a display on it since 1981 but now I'll have to pay more to get one which I will not do.

.Net Programmer
Regular Visitor

...except it doesn't actually work.  Tried it a dozen times. The settings LOOK like they have been changed in preferences, and the guide view SAYS it's changed, but the actual view is still ALL channels.

Official Employee

Hi there, kellytjones. I want to help out and look into why the settings are not being saved. You've reached the right place for help. Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!