Community Forum

Greater than 1000 channels

Frequent Visitor

Greater than 1000 channels

Anyone know why there are several channels not appearing in the above 1000 guide?  For example in the Detroit area Antenna TV and Laff are at 286 and 297 respectively, but no where to be found above 1000.  I love the channel groupings above 1000, but appears it doesn’t have all the channels I currently receive.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Greater than 1000 channels

Check https://www.xfinity.com/support/local-channel-lineup/. When I check the lineup for zip 48201 it shows :

    1186  LAFF            WXYZDT3 (WXYZ-DT3)
    1194  Antenna TV  WMYDDT2 (WMYD-DT2)

Frequent Visitor

Re: Greater than 1000 channels

Thanks, but if you try my zip code of 48044 you’ll see what I mean.  I should’ve added it in the original post.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Greater than 1000 channels


@uof2002 wrote: ... if you try my zip code of 48044 you’ll see what I mean. ...

I do. As you said, LAFF and Antenna don't seem to have assignments above 1000, although similar channels like MeTV and This do. I can't imagine why. Perhaps others will know.

Expert

Re: Greater than 1000 channels

originally the plan was to only have HD channels in the 4 digit numbers but Comcast decided later to use the 'neighborhoods' concept and also list the SD channels.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Greater than 1000 channels


@Rustyben wrote: originally the plan was to only have HD channels in the 4 digit numbers but Comcast decided later to use the 'neighborhoods' concept and also list the SD channels.

How does that explain why the poster has some SD channels in the 1000's but not others?

Expert

Re: Greater than 1000 channels


@BruceW wrote:

@Rustyben wrote: originally the plan was to only have HD channels in the 4 digit numbers but Comcast decided later to use the 'neighborhoods' concept and also list the SD channels.

How does that explain why the poster has some SD channels in the 1000's but not others?


some have 3 copies (normal 2-3 digit channel numbers, some 800 series in areas and then 4 digit similar to 800 but many in neighborhoods. most of the SD channels are in my 1000 and one channel IIRC is only shown in the 4 digit numbers (not in lower digit area). Can' answer why as Comcast has never talked about it.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Greater than 1000 channels

Makes no sense as it was advertised to me as the neighborhoods were created to make it easier for people to scroll the guide (which it does) and not get all the channels available.