Community Forum

Great American Country channel

New Poster

Great American Country channel

GAC is listed on my channel lineup, but when I go there it says it is not authorized. Has the channel been dropped from my listing?

Silver Problem Solver

GAC (Great American Country) moving to Preferred Tier

Just a note for those that don't read their full bills. My latest bill says that GAC (Great American Country) will move from Starter to Preferred beginning April 10 (at least in the Chicago area.)

Official Employee

Re: Great American Country channel

@Suzyle wrote:

GAC is listed on my channel lineup, but when I go there it says it is not authorized. Has the channel been dropped from my listing?

Per your March billing statement, GAC was moved to Digital Preferred on April 10/2018

New Poster

@Suzyle wrote:

I have the same issue as the above customer. I have been accustomed to watching GAC and it has been in my channel list. It has been paid for in my plan. Why are you taking it away from my choices?? I really would like for you to replace it but if you are not going to then I would expect a reduction in my monthly bill for the loss of one of the channels in our plan. Please let me know how you plan to handle it.

Frequent Visitor

GAC channel

Since you have moved GAC to premium status, are you going to lower my bill or add another channel to our line-up. That channel was my go to for daily entertainment...why are we always losing channels and not replacing them and the bill keeps getting higher.  No wonder Comcast is talked about so badly in many forums...please brings this back!!!

New Poster

Re: GAC (Great American Country) moving to Preferred Tier

I just notice that. I got so upset, this one was my favorite channel😢.
Admin1

Re: GAC channel

Hi carjim -- Each year, we consider changes to our channel lineup to better align our more popular packages with the most viewed programming. Comcast may rearrange or change programming, features or offerings included within the services. We regularly evaluate our packages to ensure they include the best combination of programming options to appeal to our customers.

While we don't offer any type of bill reduction for moving a channel, we are happy to review your account to see if there are any available discounts that we can offer. If you're interested in that, please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I'll review what offers we have available. 

Regular Visitor

Just put the channel back!

New Poster

This is such horse hockey! Comcast rips off its customers in every way they can think of and their prices are outrageous! This is just another example. They don't "review their lineups to see how they can better align their packages." They do it to rip you off! You need to switch to another company.
New Poster

Ok so I changed my channel package from 140 basic digital to the 220 package.

Now I can view the GAC channel 484 on only the main X1 cable box.

The other 3 boxes small boxes do not work. They were able to recieve 484 last week before the change.

I called technical support and after reseting the boxes and sending new authorization codes, still no luck.

The technical support person told me to upgrade my 3 other little recieves to X1 receivers.

TomorrowI will call back again and talk with someone else.

Not happy

Official Employee

There’s nothing wrong with your equipment, your DTAs don’t broadcast past Digital Starter. You would have to upgrade whichever boxes that you want to watch that channel
New Poster

Regarding the resonce for the Comcast representative.

What is interesting is that prior to upgrading my service to the 220+ preferred package, I was not able to receive the SCI science channel on the DTA boxes.

After the upgrade I am able to receive the SCI science channel 272 (preferred 220+) on the little DTA box.

But there are many other new preferred channels that I do not receive.

The bottom line is to upgrade my equipment.

Now to find out what that will cost.

Thanks

New Poster

What is a PM?  I am responding to your answer regarding what to do if we are dissatisfied with your removal of a favorite channel, GAC?  You said to send a PM, what's that?

New Poster

I agree. Seems like less service for more money. The upper tier could already receive it. It was just taken away from ours. Put the channel back!
New Poster

Removing GAC and making it a premium channel is crazy. It’s only because they know people enjoy that channel and are out to rip people off. Time for me to do what I’ve been putting off—- time to move on to a lower price cable/satellite service.
Frequent Visitor

So let me get this straight. I sign a 2 year contract that requires me to stay with Comcast otherwise I have to pay a early termination fee, but you guys can drop channels and move to a different package? Surely this can't be correct. A contract is a contract right? How can you guys move channels to a premium package but I can't get out of the contract w/o paying an early termination fee? If I had known this is the way it was going to work I would have never agreed to a contract. Please explain your rationale.  

New Poster

That really is some bs making us upgrade equipment just to watch a channel we've had for a long time. I'm really starting to get displeased with Comcast. And I've been with you guys for years.

My wife has tried to convince me to switch the last couple years and I never considered it. Until the last few months when it seems like you guys are just getting more and more expensive for less service. Not a pleased customer.

New Poster

Ok, same problem as others that enjoyed GAC before the latest switcheroo.  We have Digital Preferred package and HD DTA's on 3 HD TV's in addition to the main set top box on the main HD tv. What I have been hearing is that even though we have the digital preferred subscription, the HD DTA's do not get all preferred channels above the Digital Starter package level, maybe just some.  My question is does Comcast have newer HD DTA's available at the $5.99/month fee that DO get all the same Digital Preferred channels that our main set top box receives?  If so, how do I go about getting my old ones replaced with those?

New Poster

So I'm thinking enough people drop xginity they may think twice before the move channels to premium.
New Poster

I'm an unhappy customer too since GAC was removed from the Digital Starter package. By the time Comcast adds $30 for taxes and other "services" my monthly bill is now $99+ for the "opportunity" to watch practically nothing worthwhile. I'll not upgrade to Digital Preferred because I'm a senior on fixed income, and cannot afford the charges. Guess it's time to look for another TV provider.

New Poster

channel line up

WHY DID YOU TAKE GAC OFF MY CHANNEL LINEUP AND IS THERE SOMETHING WE CAN DO TO GET IT BACK ON WITHOUT PAYING EXTRA FOR IT ......I DIDNT SEE YOU TAKE ANY OFF MY BILL FOR TAKING IT OFF....I THINK THAT THIS IS VERY RUDE OF YOU ...DO YOU MOPNITOR OUR CHANNELS AND TAKE OFF WHAT WE WATCH THE MOST SO YOU CAN CHARGE US FOR THEM.....THANK YOU FOR LISTENING ....NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER...

New Poster

In my opinion...they broke the contract so we shoul not have to pay ant termination fee!

Expert

Re: channel line up

@terrys21050 wrote:

WHY DID YOU TAKE GAC OFF MY CHANNEL LINEUP AND IS THERE SOMETHING WE CAN DO TO GET IT BACK ON WITHOUT PAYING EXTRA FOR IT ......I DIDNT SEE YOU TAKE ANY OFF MY BILL FOR TAKING IT OFF....I THINK THAT THIS IS VERY RUDE OF YOU ...DO YOU MOPNITOR OUR CHANNELS AND TAKE OFF WHAT WE WATCH THE MOST SO YOU CAN CHARGE US FOR THEM.....THANK YOU FOR LISTENING ....NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER...

Subject to applicable law, Comcast has the right to change our Service(s), Xfinity Equipment, rates and charges, at any time with or without notice to you. We also may rearrange, delete, add to, or otherwise change programming or features or offerings contained in the Service(s), including, but not limited to, content, functionality, hours of availability, equipment requirements, speed, and upstream and downstream rate limitations.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

Re: channel line up

And we have the right to drop Comcast. Will be doing so when I'm on the backend of this one sided contract. 

New Poster

Cannot believe GAC moved to a premium tier, they do not show videos anymore except during the countdown.  They show silly shows through the week, ask us to vote on videos for the countdown and then do not show any videos, how does that work?

New Poster

I'm VERY upset about loosing yet ANOTHER channel from our line up! This is the 2nd channel in 2 years that has been "moved" to a more expensive line up! It may be time for us to "move" to another provider! We are not being compensated for losing channels that we "CONTRACTED" for! How dare you take advantage of your customers in that way! We have Comcast ANOTHER chance & have AGAIN let us down! NOT HAPPY!
New Poster

Though I don't watch this channel, my wife does and she watches it with one of the TV's we have the DTA adapters on.  We pay over $230.00 a month for Comcast service, we have 1 regular cable box (living room) with 3 DTA adapters (bedrooms), 150MB internet Gateway and phone service.  As trivial as it sounds, they may have just laid the straw that broke the camels back with removing GAC from the DTA's (my wife was already on the fence with Comcast).  To add insult to injury they are removing 2 more channels from the DTA's in the next few days, one of which my wife also watches on the DTA's.  Our bill with Comcast is already ridiculous.  My wife is already shopping around for other means to replace Comcast.

New Poster

I agree with everyone. I just spoke to an assistant in which said my subscription to GAC has timed out. It was acually a part of my contracted package to start with and they took it off. He was not aware of this change and gave me no insight on how to get the channel back. I beleive if they are going to cut channels that we agree on having then they need to also discount us for that cut. They advertise so many channels and you agree and then they take them at random. Really they are seeing a high volume in this channel's viewing and desided to put it to a higher cost package hoping people with increase their package and increase there profit. Yes, time to search elsewhere for service. That was really the only channel I watched frequently. If I don't change service providers then I'll decrease my package and their profit until I do. Don't do what they want to get what you want and loose your money that is already being paid. Comcast is getting very disappointing, had them for like 20 yrs. Not happy!

New Poster

Zac,

You have to up your package to get this channel now, comcast's intention. You have a lot of unhappy customers. Comcast is not giving us a deal to change our package. I suggest they stop trying to string us along, not all of us are tied to that little string. I also suggest that someone review all the complaints, either reimburse us or put the package back that we agreed on in our contract. I would hope that everyone starts requesting the same. We are expected to keep our end and expect the same from comcast.

New Poster

Re: GAC (Great American Country) moving to Preferred Tier

yes it does but I was paying for that channel in my package, they shouldn't be allowed to just change the agreement, but thanks for clarifying that for those who didn't read it.