Community Forum

Good deals only offered for new customers nothing for existing customer?

New Poster

Good deals only offered for new customers nothing for existing customer?

I am an existing customer, and my original package has expired.  I see all types of good deals for new customers, but nothing for existing customer.  I just spent over an hour on chat and resolved nothing, the only thing they kept offering me included a home phone, which I have no need for.  When I told them I researched available packages only a new customer could obtain them, I was told I would have to cancel my existing service and wait 3 months to be eligible for such a great package.  I am discouraged and would like to know why an existing customer is not treated as well as a new customer?

Official Employee

Re: Good deals only offered for new customers nothing for existing customer?

Hello hhayes29. We certainly value your business, opinions, and feedback. We appreciate all our customers, old and new. Regarding promotional discounted offers, we offer an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. If you would like, I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available to better suit your needs. If you would like this assistance, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

The same thing has happened to me and friends of mine.    The mantra "its easier to keep a customer that you have than get a new one" doesn't seem to be a Comcast philosophy.   With so many alternatives coming at us that allow us to move away from Cable, I find it interesting that they are playing hard ball with long term customers.  I predict they will regret this decision but too late to do anything about it.  I'm off to find a new provider.

New Poster

The other issue is when Comcast holds a monopoly in your area and you don't have an option to switch to another provider.  You pay what comcast tells you to pay.

Official Employee

@Carmanje, and @nitetime7

We don't want our customer to feel this way. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, the phone number and account number associated with your current services in a private message? I'd like to review your accounts and try to make this right for you. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!