Community Forum

Free Trial HBO

New Poster

Free Trial HBO

We have been contemplating setting up HBO, but are unsure if we would actually watch it and dont want to pay for it if we arent going to use it. I've heard that DirecTV would give a month or maybe 3 months free trial of HBO (Cant remember). Does or will Xfinity give a free trial as well?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Free Trial HBO

With Comcast it can vary across markets.

I always go into one of their service centers and talk to a real live person.
Regular Contributor

HBO has not been offered 3 month Free trial for a few months but may be available to you?

Showtime and Starz may be available as well.

This one you can use the chat or call if dont want to visit store.

Just be sure ask them when the 3 months are up it cancels on its own and no need to call in to cancel it.

Also be aware Comcast in most area you only get 1 HD channel the rest of them will be in SD.

Gold Problem Solver

I should add that I have had free HBO trials with Comcast before... 

I don't remember how long. That's one of the reasons I visit one of their service centers.

@Russellstack wrote:

We have been contemplating setting up HBO, but are unsure if we would actually watch it and dont want to pay for it if we arent going to use it. I've heard that DirecTV would give a month or maybe 3 months free trial of HBO (Cant remember). Does or will Xfinity give a free trial as well?

Official Employee

Hello, Russellstack! Thank you for posting in our community! As RickGr4 mentioned, it depends on the market. We don't offer free HBO trial nationally but I can check if we have any free trials in your area. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!