Community Forum

Free EPIX

New Poster

Free EPIX

EPIX is supposed to be free this week so how come I get a “subscription required” message when I try to watch it via my cable box? Thanks. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Free EPIX

@Ukexpat wrote:

EPIX is supposed to be free this week so how come I get a “subscription required” message when I try to watch it via my cable box? Thanks. 

Their on-demand stuff is free. I can't get the channel either but all their OD stuff is available for free

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@Ukexpat wrote: EPIX is supposed to be free this week so how come I get a “subscription required” message when I try to watch it via my cable box? Thanks. 

As stated, free previews are usually On Demand, not on the numbered channels. Also check the Xfinity Stream page and the Stream app on Roku and mobile devices.

Problem Solver

The article on the Xfinity Discovery Hub page said on your voice remote say "Epix". When I did that I got channel 378 and the "must subcribe message" popped up. Why did I have to call Comcast Customer Support to find out this this was wrong? Customer Support said I can use the voice remote and say "Epix On Demand".