Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Official Employee

Re: Fox Sports 2

@Spiderbaggins wrote:

Will they be offereing in the Philadelphia area?  You know the home office of Comcast/Xfinity. 

I am quite familiar with the home office. 

Additional areas are expected to be announced soon. I will update that information in the Solved Post and this thread as we receive any confirmation. Thanks for your patience.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Fox Sports 2 additions on 12/19

Mr Teds,  Please tell me after 4 years & 1,799 messages I will finally be getting Fox Sports 2 in central NJ in December!

Official Employee

@lipstickcat wrote:

Mr Teds,  Please tell me after 4 years & 1,799 messages I will finally be getting Fox Sports 2 in central NJ in December!

Additional areas are expected to be announced soon. I will update that information in the Solved Post and this thread as we receive any confirmation. Thanks for your patience.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

ok

Frequent Visitor

When will you add this channel to the rest Washington State. We have been waiting for a long, long time.

Official Employee

@doxi wrote:

When will you add this channel to the rest Washington State. We have been waiting for a long, long time.

Regular Visitor

My understanding is that Xfinity doesn't carry FS2 - has that changed?

Official Employee

@Benskyrme wrote:

My understanding is that Xfinity doesn't carry FS2 - has that changed?

Additional areas are expected to be announced soon. I will update that information in the Solved Post as we get that confirmation. Thanks for your patience.

New Poster

why not pittsburgh? I've been calling and asking for almost two years after being told when I signed up for comcast that FS2 was offered..my contract is up in a few weeks, I have no problem switching back to dish or another provider that has this channel in my area...

Official Employee

@jwomer23 wrote:

why not pittsburgh? I've been calling and asking for almost two years after being told when I signed up for comcast that FS2 was offered..my contract is up in a few weeks, I have no problem switching back to dish or another provider that has this channel in my area...

Additional areas are expected to be announced soon. I will update that information in the Solved Post as we get that confirmation. Thanks for your patience.

Official Employee

All - The temporary solution message (message #1792 on the previous page) has been updated to reflect additional areas that are scheduled to have Fox Sports 2 added on 12/19/17. 

Contributor

I would prefer HD but at this point any progress is a possitive. Which tier(s) will FS2 be available on? Digital Starter with FS1? Digital Prefferred and/or Sports and Entertainment?

Regular Contributor

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 as I sit here with directv with FS2 in HD, Bein Sports in HD and about 60 sports networks from around the country in HD...best decision I ever made was to dump Comcast TV. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Frequent Visitor

Please add FS2 in Bat area Mountain View 

New Poster

You need to add Fox Sports2 to all areas. May have to switch to Direct Tv.
Official Employee

@x__man wrote:

Please add FS2 in Bat area Mountain View 

Official Employee

@Rlrichmo1 wrote:
You need to add Fox Sports2 to all areas. May have to switch to Direct Tv.

New Poster

ComcastTeds, can you let us know when FS2 will be available in California - specifically the San Francisco Bay Area?

Contributor

I think it stinks that I can not watch the wvu football game because it is on fs2 tonight at 8pm. Since fs2 isn't carried by comcast in the pittsburgh area I am stuck listening to it or going to a bar to watch it on directv. I feel because of this we should be compensated in some sense.

Contributor

I find it amazing that i live 14 miles from the Comcast home office and still will not be getting Fox Sports 2.  You would at least think the home city would be getting the channel?   We have competion in the area and they have this channel as well as others  which Comcast doesn't offer.  

New Poster

I’m out of patience. I can’t watch the WVU games because they are putting them on FS2.  Comcast picture and service in our area is terrible. 

Contributor

the only good thing is I was able to watch the wvu game on fox sports go surprisingly. I figured I wouldn't be able to but I signed in with my comcast information and it let me watch it on fs2.

Official Employee

@dellapple wrote:

I find it amazing that i live 14 miles from the Comcast home office and still will not be getting Fox Sports 2.  You would at least think the home city would be getting the channel?   We have competion in the area and they have this channel as well as others  which Comcast doesn't offer.  

Official Employee

@Rlrichmo1 wrote:

I’m out of patience. I can’t watch the WVU games because they are putting them on FS2.  Comcast picture and service in our area is terrible. 

In reviewing your account, I do see some issues that need some attention that will improve your video quality.

I'm seeing some signal level issues that may require a technician visit to resolve. I have asked that someone on our local team review your account (I did not see any technician visits listed at your address in the past 30 days) so that we can start the troubleshooting process and get this resolved.

A technician visit may be required so that the signal levels can be reviewed and adjusted if necessary. There is no charge if the issue is determined to be with our equipment or originating outside your home.

New Poster

Will this be offered in California anytime soon??
New Poster

Will this be offered in California???
Official Employee

@Nette78 wrote:
Will this be offered in California anytime soon??

Contributor

so... no California/San Francisco?

thanks

Official Employee

@lt62 wrote:

so... no California/San Francisco?

thanks

New Poster

So it still won't be available in Chicago?!? Nice work. Smh
Regular Visitor

So here's the thing.  If FS2 is getting added to some areas, it must mean that Fox and Comcast have finally agreed over broadcast rights, etc.  So why can't Comcast simply come out and say that FS2, possibly the most demanded channel, will be generally available in all areas on a specific date, and why only in SD?  It could easily replace one of the shopping networks, which could move to SD.  The constant blase attitude of the support personnel to customer requests, and the limited distribution of information just doesn't present Comcast as a true customer-oriented organization.  Maybe the government needs to make it illegal for cable companies to have regional jurisdictions (monopolies).  A bit of direct competition would be good for everyone.  I won't go to satellite, having seen the quality during bad weather, so I am stuck with this or something like Sling TV.

Regular Visitor

Re: Fox 2 still not in CC lineup

Not only that comcast is the one that has the contract for the Looney Toons Bugs Bunny Cartoon network3. They won't show Bugs Bunny just other stupid stuff. That is not funny at all. I'm forced to use comcast too becaus of bussiness.

Contributor

You are not serious with your reply, right?  Or you are being truly patronizing.  This thread alone over 4 years shows how  many folks have filled out the ridiculous form to absolutely no avail.  Com cast has not added any new HD channels in over years.  I have UVERSETV to supplemention decent sports coverage.  To not even carry the channel in HD that covers your Nascar races is stupid and demeaning.  Worst customer service of any company ever.

Official Employee

@Viking954 wrote:

You are not serious with your reply, right?  Or you are being truly patronizing.  This thread alone over 4 years shows how  many folks have filled out the ridiculous form to absolutely no avail.  Com cast has not added any new HD channels in over years.  I have UVERSETV to supplemention decent sports coverage.  To not even carry the channel in HD that covers your Nascar races is stupid and demeaning.  Worst customer service of any company ever.

I am showing that Fox Sports 2 is available in your area on channel 741 and in HD on channel 1209 as part of the current level of service that you already have. Enjoy. 

Regular Visitor

When is the updated list for availibilty for Fox Sports 2 coming out?  We have been told since October there is going to be a updated list !  I have the feeling Comcast is going to disappoint a lot of customers once again.

Regular Visitor

Just to let Xfinity and the others know. I just dumped my Cable TV service in favor of a streaming service. One of my reasons and requirements was for Fox Sport 2 and BEIN HD. 

Contributor

I am looking to cancel Comcast as well.  Tired of them never updating content and staying fresh.   It only seems we ever loss channels.  

New Poster

Any plans to add fs2 to the new jersey area?
Official Employee

@andyandy wrote:

Just to let Xfinity and the others know. I just dumped my Cable TV service in favor of a streaming service. One of my reasons and requirements was for Fox Sport 2 and BEIN HD. 

As mentioned on the previous page, Fox Sports 2 is scheduled to be added in your area this week. Unfortunately, not in HD. 

This was also announced on your cable invoice dated 11/16/17. 

New Channel: On December 19, 2017, FS2 will be added to Digital Preferred chs 737/1209. 

New Poster

What is even the point to add non HD channels nowadays??? Ridiculous.

How about for the Denver area??
Official Employee

@musiclover303 wrote:
What is even the point to add non HD channels nowadays??? Ridiculous.

How about for the Denver area??

Found the below on your cable invoice dated 10/3/17

On December 19, 2017, FS2 will be added to channels 409 & 1209 in the Digital Preferred and above tiers

As posted earlier:

UPDATED WITH ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS 10/19/17

All - thanks for your continued patience here. 

We do have plans to add Fox Sports 2 to additional areas this year.

On 12/19/17, I can confirm that we plan to add Fox Sports 2 to all most all of the channel lineups in the states/areas listed below:

Alabama (Huntsville/Tuscaloosa/Gadsden) 
Colorado

Delaware (southern two counties)
District of Columbia
Florida (Keys area)
Georgia (Atlanta area)
Indiana 
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts (Boston area)
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
New Hampshire 
New Mexico

Oregon
South Carolina
Tennessee (Chattanooga area) 
Virginia 

Washington (Vancouver area)

In most areas, affected customers will be notified of the specific channel number and level of service via messages on their monthly statements.

Additional areas are expected to be announced soon.

This channel is not expected to be offered in HD at this time.

Regular Contributor

LOL... By the time they actually add this channel for ALL areas it will probably fold. Any news on Seattle getting FS2?

Contributor

FS2 showed up in glorious SD in Atlanta today.

Contributor

In this day and age, why would you not offer this channel in HD?  Is Comcast maxed out on HD channels?  

Frequent Visitor

Disappointed again! My bill went up but still no FS2 in central NJ!

Frequent Visitor

What channel is FS2 in Prince Georges County, Maryland lineup.  I was told we are definitely getting this long-awaited channel, but as of 12/20, no one can give me a channel number.

Frequent Visitor

Typical Comcast Bait and Switch.

Our triple-play bill is now over $250/mo. It's after the 12/19 "roll-out" date for FS2.  I check the xfinity on-line TV listings and STILL NO FS2.

Official Employee

@Leojack wrote:

What channel is FS2 in Prince Georges County, Maryland lineup.  I was told we are definitely getting this long-awaited channel, but as of 12/20, no one can give me a channel number.

Available in your area of Maryland on channels 737 and 1209 as a part of the Digital Preferred package. 

Official Employee

@Me-ManassasVA wrote:

Typical Comcast Bait and Switch.

Our triple-play bill is now over $250/mo. It's after the 12/19 "roll-out" date for FS2.  I check the xfinity on-line TV listings and STILL NO FS2.

Available in your area of Virginia on channels 737 and 1209 as a part of the Digital Preferred package.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Ted.  FS2 did not and does not show up as part of search at tv.xfinity.com/search/ when I enter FS2, Fox Sports or even just Fox.