Check your GUIDE, or if you have X1, type in "FS1."

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Fox Sports 2

@deantorkelson wrote:

What is channel # of FS1 in Seattle?

Fox Sports 1 is available in your area on ch. 33 and in HD on ch. 1208

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Fox 2 still not in CC lineup

Why doesn't Comcast/Xfinity carry Fox Sports 2?????. I was with Dish for 14 years. Switched to you guys and love the True HD(dish did not have) though they say they do. Internet and phone awesome. I DON'T get it. Stop telling us ( you are working on it) cause your not apparently. Just tell me why
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Don’t look for it anytime soon. Internet is great. Drop cable and go for a streaming service. Much cheaper. And YouTube TV and Hulu both carry local channels. I’m very happy with YouTube TV. It was good enough to switch me over from Hulu. And Comcast only offered me FS2 in SD. Now I get them all in HD with YouTube TV. And unlimited DVR. Cable is dying. Fast. And for good reason.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

That is the way to go! Watch Comcast will come out with a comparison service to keep its subscribers, its a matter of time
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Actually Comcast is already working on a streaming only service. Though I highly doubt that it will include channels from it's higher priced cable tiers. Don’t have that issue with YouTube TV. And I’m not restricted to watching ANY channels only on my home network.
Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Well, what have we here?

Alas! I just read on my monthly bill (of course, after the sticker shock wore off) that FS2 will be available in my area, Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota, beginning on December 19, 2017; channels 740 and 1209 (I assume one of which will be HD, but you never know with these clowns). Merry Christmas, I guess. It's only been four years, roughly forty-eight monthly bills. However, I'm not convinced that FS2 is actually Fox Sports 2. It could just be another ploy. 

US fails to qualify for the World Cup. Fox paid all that money to gain the broadcast rights, and the US does not qualify. Good luck with those 0.8 million viewers, about 1/30 of what the ratings were in 2014 (although I'll likely be one of them; go Argentina!).

In a way, that is poetic justice.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Well, what have we here?

@oldspinny wrote:

Alas! I just read on my monthly bill (of course, after the sticker shock wore off) that FS2 will be available in my area, Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota, beginning on December 19, 2017; channels 740 and 1209 (I assume one of which will be HD, but you never know with these clowns). Merry Christmas, I guess. It's only been four years, roughly forty-eight monthly bills. However, I'm not convinced that FS2 is actually Fox Sports 2. It could just be another ploy. 

US fails to qualify for the World Cup. Fox paid all that money to gain the broadcast rights, and the US does not qualify. Good luck with those 0.8 million viewers, about 1/30 of what the ratings were in 2014 (although I'll likely be one of them; go Argentina!).

Yes, Fox Sports 2 is scheduled to be added in many areas this year including Minnesota on December 19th.

I'll add some additional locations and targeted dates to this thread next.

Thanks for your patience. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Fox Sports 2 additions on 12/19

UPDATED WITH ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS 10/19/17

UPDATED WITH ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS 12/10/18

All - thanks for your continued patience here. 

We do have plans to add Fox Sports 2 to additional areas this year.

On 12/19/17, I can confirm that we plan to add Fox Sports 2 to all most all of the channel lineups in the states/areas listed below:

Alabama (Huntsville/Tuscaloosa/Gadsden) 
Colorado

Delaware (southern two counties)
District of Columbia
Florida (Keys area)
Georgia (Atlanta area)
Indiana 
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts (Boston area)
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
New Hampshire 
New Mexico

Oregon
South Carolina
Tennessee (Chattanooga area) 
Virginia 

Washington (Vancouver area)

In most areas, affected customers will be notified of the specific channel number and level of service via messages on their monthly statements.

Additional areas are expected to be announced soon. I will update that information here as we get that confirmation.

This channel is not expected to be offered in HD at this time.

Marking this post as a solution temporarily so that all can locate this new information quickly.  

UPDATED WITH ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS 10/19/17 above. 

Updated with additional locations below scheduled to be added in December 2018.  

Arkansas
Little Rock, Eastern Arkansas

Connecticut
Bristol, Hartford, Bolton, Berlin, Branford, Danbury, Hamden, Norwich, New London, Seymour, Shelton, Waterbury  

Delaware
New Castle County 

Florida 

Panama City, Marianna, Tallahassee, Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Yulee, Alachua County, Lake City, Live Oak, Palataka, Welaka, Celebration, Debary,  Lake County, Marion County, Whisper Lakes,  Orlando, Tampa, Cape Coral, Cape Haze, Ft. Myers, Marco Island, Port Charlotte, Sarasota, Venice 

Georgia
Brunswick, St.  Marys, Hinesville,  Metter,  Savannah

Illinois

Algonquin, Elgin, Champaign, Danville, Indianola, Chicago, Dekalb, Rochelle,  Cicero, Elmhurst, Evanston, Morton Grove, Homewood, McHenry, Lake Zurich, Northbrook, Rolling Meadows, Schaumburg, Skokie, Dixon, Kewanee, Ladd, Mendota, Princeton, Rockford, Sterling, Rock Falls, Bloomingron, Normal, Galesburg, Macomb, Pekin,  Peoria, Romeoville, Lincoln, Springfield, Highland Park, Waukegan, Aurora, Oswego, Lisle, Wheaton      

Indiana

Cayuga, Indianapolis, Terre Haute, Griffith, South Bend, Leporte, Portage, Valparaiso, Hammond, Rochester, Warsaw, Franklin 

Kentucky

Franklin, Fort Campbell 

Maryland
Washington County 

Massachusetts
Springfield, Amherst, Warren, Westfield

Michigan

Benton Harbor, Niles, St. Joseph, Grand Rapids 

New Hampshire

Most all areas

New Jersey
Most all areas

New York
Carmel, Heritage Hills 

Ohio

St. Clairsville, Steubenville, Irondale, Columbiana, Mahoning County, Columbiana County, East Liverpool

Pennsylvania
Most all areas

Tennessee
Bulls Gap, Knoxille, Tri-Cities, Fairfield, Greenville, Oak Ridge, Memphis, Carthage, Harts, Lafayette, Franklin County, Nashville, Smithville 

Vermont
Most all areas

Virginia 

Galax, Glade Spring  

West Virginia
Weirton, Wheeling, Chester 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@123Ricket wrote:
Why doesn't Comcast/Xfinity carry Fox Sports 2?????. I was with Dish for 14 years. Switched to you guys and love the True HD(dish did not have) though they say they do. Internet and phone awesome. I DON'T get it. Stop telling us ( you are working on it) cause your not apparently. Just tell me why

Fox Sports 2 is coming to the channel lineup in your area on 12/19. Thanks for your patience.  

Highlighted
Official Employee

@W5NL wrote:

It may be me, but watching FS2 legally shouldn't be this difficult. 

Just sayin'

It will be a lot less difficult starting mid-December. Fox Sports 2 is coming to the channel lineup in your area on 12/19. Thanks for your patience.

Highlighted
Contributor

Teds, will FS2 be available in south New Jersey area in December. Thank you.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

What about the D.C. and Maryland area??

Highlighted
Official Employee

@com100 wrote:
Teds, will FS2 be available in south New Jersey area in December. Thank you.

Additional areas are expected to be announced soon. I will update that information in the Solved Post as we get that confirmation. Thanks for your patience.   

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Leojack wrote:

What about the D.C. and Maryland area??

Additional areas are expected to be announced soon. I will update that information in the Solved Post as we get that confirmation. Thanks for your patience.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Well, what have we here?

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@oldspinny wrote:

Yes, Fox Sports 2 is scheduled to be added in many areas this year including Minnesota on December 19th.

I'll add some additional locations and targeted dates to this thread next.

Thanks for your patience. 

"This channel is not expected to be offered in HD at this time."

Bravo! I guess we will have to wait another 4 years for HD.

(I just laugh and shake my head.)

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Will they be offereing in the Philadelphia area?  You know the home office of Comcast/Xfinity. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Spiderbaggins wrote:

Will they be offereing in the Philadelphia area?  You know the home office of Comcast/Xfinity. 

I am quite familiar with the home office. 

Additional areas are expected to be announced soon. I will update that information in the Solved Post and this thread as we receive any confirmation. Thanks for your patience.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Fox Sports 2 additions on 12/19

Mr Teds,  Please tell me after 4 years & 1,799 messages I will finally be getting Fox Sports 2 in central NJ in December!

Highlighted
Official Employee

@lipstickcat wrote:

Mr Teds,  Please tell me after 4 years & 1,799 messages I will finally be getting Fox Sports 2 in central NJ in December!

Additional areas are expected to be announced soon. I will update that information in the Solved Post and this thread as we receive any confirmation. Thanks for your patience.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

ok

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

When will you add this channel to the rest Washington State. We have been waiting for a long, long time.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@doxi wrote:

When will you add this channel to the rest Washington State. We have been waiting for a long, long time.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

My understanding is that Xfinity doesn't carry FS2 - has that changed?

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Benskyrme wrote:

My understanding is that Xfinity doesn't carry FS2 - has that changed?

Highlighted
New Poster

why not pittsburgh? I've been calling and asking for almost two years after being told when I signed up for comcast that FS2 was offered..my contract is up in a few weeks, I have no problem switching back to dish or another provider that has this channel in my area...

Highlighted
Official Employee

@jwomer23 wrote:

why not pittsburgh? I've been calling and asking for almost two years after being told when I signed up for comcast that FS2 was offered..my contract is up in a few weeks, I have no problem switching back to dish or another provider that has this channel in my area...

Highlighted
Official Employee

All - The temporary solution message (message #1792 on the previous page) has been updated to reflect additional areas that are scheduled to have Fox Sports 2 added on 12/19/17. 

Highlighted
Contributor

I would prefer HD but at this point any progress is a possitive. Which tier(s) will FS2 be available on? Digital Starter with FS1? Digital Prefferred and/or Sports and Entertainment?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 as I sit here with directv with FS2 in HD, Bein Sports in HD and about 60 sports networks from around the country in HD...best decision I ever made was to dump Comcast TV. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Please add FS2 in Bat area Mountain View 

Highlighted
New Poster

You need to add Fox Sports2 to all areas. May have to switch to Direct Tv.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@x__man wrote:

Please add FS2 in Bat area Mountain View 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Rlrichmo1 wrote:
You need to add Fox Sports2 to all areas. May have to switch to Direct Tv.

Highlighted
New Poster

ComcastTeds, can you let us know when FS2 will be available in California - specifically the San Francisco Bay Area?

Highlighted
Contributor

I think it stinks that I can not watch the wvu football game because it is on fs2 tonight at 8pm. Since fs2 isn't carried by comcast in the pittsburgh area I am stuck listening to it or going to a bar to watch it on directv. I feel because of this we should be compensated in some sense.

Highlighted
Contributor

I find it amazing that i live 14 miles from the Comcast home office and still will not be getting Fox Sports 2.  You would at least think the home city would be getting the channel?   We have competion in the area and they have this channel as well as others  which Comcast doesn't offer.  

Highlighted
New Poster

I’m out of patience. I can’t watch the WVU games because they are putting them on FS2.  Comcast picture and service in our area is terrible. 

Highlighted
Contributor

the only good thing is I was able to watch the wvu game on fox sports go surprisingly. I figured I wouldn't be able to but I signed in with my comcast information and it let me watch it on fs2.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@dellapple wrote:

I find it amazing that i live 14 miles from the Comcast home office and still will not be getting Fox Sports 2.  You would at least think the home city would be getting the channel?   We have competion in the area and they have this channel as well as others  which Comcast doesn't offer.  

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Rlrichmo1 wrote:

I’m out of patience. I can’t watch the WVU games because they are putting them on FS2.  Comcast picture and service in our area is terrible. 

In reviewing your account, I do see some issues that need some attention that will improve your video quality.

I'm seeing some signal level issues that may require a technician visit to resolve. I have asked that someone on our local team review your account (I did not see any technician visits listed at your address in the past 30 days) so that we can start the troubleshooting process and get this resolved.

A technician visit may be required so that the signal levels can be reviewed and adjusted if necessary. There is no charge if the issue is determined to be with our equipment or originating outside your home.

Highlighted
New Poster

Will this be offered in California anytime soon??
Highlighted
New Poster

Will this be offered in California???
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Nette78 wrote:
Will this be offered in California anytime soon??

Highlighted
Contributor

so... no California/San Francisco?

thanks

Highlighted
Official Employee

@lt62 wrote:

so... no California/San Francisco?

thanks

Highlighted
New Poster

So it still won't be available in Chicago?!? Nice work. Smh
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

So here's the thing.  If FS2 is getting added to some areas, it must mean that Fox and Comcast have finally agreed over broadcast rights, etc.  So why can't Comcast simply come out and say that FS2, possibly the most demanded channel, will be generally available in all areas on a specific date, and why only in SD?  It could easily replace one of the shopping networks, which could move to SD.  The constant blase attitude of the support personnel to customer requests, and the limited distribution of information just doesn't present Comcast as a true customer-oriented organization.  Maybe the government needs to make it illegal for cable companies to have regional jurisdictions (monopolies).  A bit of direct competition would be good for everyone.  I won't go to satellite, having seen the quality during bad weather, so I am stuck with this or something like Sling TV.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Not only that comcast is the one that has the contract for the Looney Toons Bugs Bunny Cartoon network3. They won't show Bugs Bunny just other stupid stuff. That is not funny at all. I'm forced to use comcast too becaus of bussiness.