Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Regular Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

@ky2 wrote:

I AM A NASCAR FAN AND I THINK COMCAST IS VERY UNFAIR TO THEIR CUSTOMERS THAT THEY NOW CAN'T GET TO WATCH SHOWS LIKE RACE DAY OR ANY OTHER NASCAR SHOWS THAT ARE ON AS YOU NOW HAVE THEM ON FOX SPORTS 2 AND THAT CHANNEL IS NOT OFFERED IN MY AREA. MY CABLE BILL IS HIGH ENOUGH AS I WANTED TO BE ABLE TO HAVE SPORTS BECAUSE MOVIES ARE OF NO INTERST TO ME. WELL NOW YOU CERTAINLY FIXED THAT FOR ME. PRETTY SOON YOU'LL BE TAKING MORE AND MORE SPORTS CHANNELS AND I'LL HAVE NOTHING TO WATCH. I THINK YOU SHOULD START LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS COMCAST AND GIVE THEM WHAT THEY PAY FOR AND NOT WHAT THEY DON'T WANT. IF NOT YOUR FIND THEY'LL BE GOING TO OTHER CABLE COMPANIES AND I CERTAINLY AM GETTING READY FOR THAT. THE PRICE CERTAINLY CAN'T BE MORE EXPENSIVE THEN I'M PAYING NOW AND AT LEAST I'LL BE ABLE TO WATCH WHAT I WANT. NOT STUPID MOVIES THAT I HAVE ON MY TV THAT I SAID I DO NOT WANT ANY MOVIE CHANNELS BUT GUESS WHAT THERE THEY ARE AND YOU WON'T TAKE THEM OFF FOR 2 YEARS AS YOU CLAIM IT'S A 2 YEAR AGREEMENT WELL I DON'T KNOW WITH WHO BUT IT WASN'T WITH ME. THANKS FOR NOTHING COMCAST.

Take your caps lock off. And proofread. You'll be taken more seriously.

New Poster

Stop getting snarky over something as simple as CAPS LOCK and you'll be taken more seriously.

New Poster

Re: Programming

Well did they add it?

Frequent Visitor

Well once again Comcast has really come through for its customers. NASCAR truck series had a rain delay so after sitting through the rain delay we are told if we would like to see the race we need to go to FS2. How many years has this thread been going on? Comcast their is no other way to put this as it has been said by your Techs also that you just plain S_ck! thats about as kind as I can be and thats from your employess also

New Poster

fox sports 2

why cant the biggest cable co. carry fox sports 2? to my knowledge they are the only ones that dont. sports fans get mad when for some reason or the other, fox sports 1  will switch to fx2 and we are left with NOTHING!!!  get with the times and give us FOX SPORTS 2!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

go to http://www.foxsports.com/watch/fs1 and follow the links to get "FOX SPORTS GO" you can watch FS2 on your computer or mobile for free.

New Poster

FS2??

Can anyone tell me what channel # FS2 is?

Regular Contributor

@GaryNSJersey wrote:

Well once again Comcast has really come through for its customers. NASCAR truck series had a rain delay so after sitting through the rain delay we are told if we would like to see the race we need to go to FS2. How many years has this thread been going on? Comcast their is no other way to put this as it has been said by your Techs also that you just plain S_ck! thats about as kind as I can be and thats from your employess also

And we get to miss truck qualifying this coming weekend, too.....FS2 only.

Official Employee

Re: FS2??

@sneaky8 wrote:

Can anyone tell me what channel # FS2 is?

Apologies. We don't currently offer Fox Sports 2 in your area.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Need channel

Need the channel Fox Sports 2 (FS2). This is where you watch the FIA - WEC auto racing series. How can we get this in the 19805 (etc.) area ? Wilm., De. area ?

Regular Contributor

Wow, 33 pages and still no FS2 on Comcast... What a joke!

To illustrate how LAME Comcast is this is what I know for fact... In Eastern WA, Walla Walla to be specific FS2 is available on Charter Cable there I watched it while at a BnB! In Southern CA my father-in-law has FS2 through Time Warner cable and he probably has the CHEAPEST channel package he could get!!!

Yet here in Seattle the home of one of the biggest soccer markets Comcast refuses to deliver FS2. They raise rates and they add NOTHING. They make excuses about contracts, costs and having to raise rates to offer this channel. It's all nonsense... FS2 is clearly available in other markets and it's not in some “high priced/ we have to gouge you even more” sports tier package.

WAKE UP COMCAST... GET FS2!

Regular Visitor

Re: Fox sports 2????

Can you find out when Fox Sport 2 will be in the 32301 area please?

Regular Contributor

If you are a Comcast customer, probably never!  They keep blaming each other and pointing fingers to the other claiming they are the hold up.  But this is a question sports fans have asked for years!  I have stopped watching some auto races because they will air the 1st half on FS1 and send viewers to FS2 to see the rest!  Isn't that awful??

Contributor

Welcome to the Real World, Neo.<br><br>We have been here for the past three or four years asking Comcast the same thing. Still in negotiations, and we are still waiting. Comcast Ted told us once if we don't like it, leave. Ok, we are chum and churn to Comcast. Say the magic word and we will lower your rate. <br>As long as we keep paying our bills, why should they change? It's just business. They have a monopoly and they know we are hooked.<br>Let me also say that there is a change in the wind. There is some competition on the way. Then, they will be ready when enough customers change to some other provider. Hang in there!
Regular Contributor

@CBeck34 wrote:

go to http://www.foxsports.com/watch/fs1 and follow the links to get "FOX SPORTS GO" you can watch FS2 on your computer or mobile for free

As far as I know, you have to have FS2 in your television package in order to watch FS2 programming on Fox Sports Go.  As a three year veteran of this fight, I, and most of us who have been on this thread since the beginning have already tried the FSgo workaround.  I'm sure COMCAST TEDS or whoever will chime in and confirm this.

Official Employee

@markdartj wrote:

@CBeck34 wrote:

go to http://www.foxsports.com/watch/fs1 and follow the links to get "FOX SPORTS GO" you can watch FS2 on your computer or mobile for free

As far as I know, you have to have FS2 in your television package in order to watch FS2 programming on Fox Sports Go.  As a three year veteran of this fight, I, and most of us who have been on this thread since the beginning have already tried the FSgo workaround.  I'm sure COMCAST TEDS or whoever will chime in and confirm this.

You have it correct. 

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service.

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is fairly standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site: http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Live streams of all the FOX Sports Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive FOX Sports as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers. If you get FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX sports regional channels at home, you've got access!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

That's exactly what I did. I left and now can enjoy FS2 and BeIN sports in HD...plus about 40 other HD sports channels. Comcast is a joke.
Regular Contributor

Some will remember back in the 60s and 70s when the phone and TV companies were trying to get "Right of Way" rights and to force Phone companies to allow cable to use their Right of Way rights - or something like that, the cable companies said TV would be almost "Free" because the advertisers would pay the bill.  That didn't last long when they figured out they could charge the customers for everything.   Of course that was probably the plan from the beginning!  Now, for a mid range TV package without any premium channels except Encore, HD, internet and phone service and the bill is over $200!  That's a friggen car payment.  I am very close to cutting the cable and doing without.  Of course I'll probably want Internet... can't hardly do without it.  

New Poster

Fox Sports 2 (FS2) missing from channel lineup

When will Comcast/Xfinity be adding FS2 to the channel lineup? It looks like Dish and Direct TV both carry this channel, but not Comcast. Pretty much the only reason I have cable is to watch sports and my favorite sport to watch is MMA which is often shown on FS2 and no where else. I understand the same is true with NASCAR. It's very frustrating for sports fans to miss all this programming despite paying large TV premiums especially when other providers carry this. 

New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2 (FS2) missing from channel lineup

Adding my voice: I'm a Bundesliga fan and Fox shows more games on FS1 than 2. Add FS2 to the Richmond, VA market ASAP please!!! Verizon FiOS has it in town already. So...I have options. Add or I will switch.
Regular Contributor

@Cshapa wrote:
Adding my voice: I'm a Bundesliga fan and Fox shows more games on FS1 than 2. Add FS2 to the Richmond, VA market ASAP please!!! Verizon FiOS has it in town already. So...I have options. Add or I will switch.

Might as well switch.  Comcast really doesn't give a toss about the loss of one account.  People have been threatening to do this since FS2 came into being (me among them).  I've found workarounds so I can watch whatever I want (three letters: VPN).  Right now I'm watching the Petit Le Mans, with Radio LeMans commentary, and no commercial breaks.  Good luck.

Regular Contributor

You have Fios in your area!!! Whats holding you back, SWITCH!!! I WISH I had it in my area!!!!

Frequent Visitor

Greed. Like many I have been waiting on this channel for years. Greed has killed cable and people are becoming sick of it. There is a whole generation that think I'm nuts for how much I pay for cable while they find work-a-rounds to get the same content.

Contributor

Comcast hasn't added channels for a long time and it appears what we have it all we'll ever have.

New Poster

That's not true, I can't watch FS2 on "foxsportsgo" since it's not part of my home subscription because comcast doesn't have it in my area...

Official Employee

@skorotitsky wrote:

That's not true, I can't watch FS2 on "foxsportsgo" since it's not part of my home subscription because comcast doesn't have it in my area...

Correct. 

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service.
That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is fairly standard across all video providers.

Live streams of all the FOX Sports Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive FOX Sports as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers. If you get FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX sports regional channels at home, you've got access!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Odd. I'm in Martinsville, VA and we've had Fox Sports 2 for a long time. Strange that it isn't in other markets.
Regular Contributor

Scott this page has been going on for very long, no changes have been made to the many that get no FS2, a large metropolitan area such as the San Francisco Bay Area included, is beyond pathetic, I see no changes to be made of adding the channel to the lineup.
Comcast/Xfinity is a joke with its automated responses and lack of customer approval and service.
Oh but hey I'm getting Netflix on my X1 system soon!!??? Only for paying subscribers does that mean any worth.
Regular Contributor

@Denztoi wrote:
Scott this page has been going on for very long, no changes have been made to the many that get no FS2, a large metropolitan area such as the San Francisco Bay Area included, is beyond pathetic, I see no changes to be made of adding the channel to the lineup.
Comcast/Xfinity is a joke with its automated responses and lack of customer approval and service.
Oh but hey I'm getting Netflix on my X1 system soon!!??? Only for paying subscribers does that mean any worth.

@Denztoi wrote:

Doesn't Comcast understand that those of us who already have Netflix (pretty much everybody), already has a means to watch it on their TeeVee?  Thanks for nothing, Comcast.  Would rather you FINALLY provide us with Fox Sports 2.

Regular Contributor

Well HBO used to operate the same way but then they saw the light and now offer HBONow for those who don't have or want cable. One can only hope other networks will follow this model and cut the cable middleman out as it's clear people are more than willing to pay the networks directly for the content and avoid the overpriced/underserviced cable packages with ridiculous 2-3 year contracts to get it.

Regular Contributor

I would sure love to see that happen.  Of course, you still need a robust and fast internet.  Unfortunately, Comcast does have the best on offer, at least where I live.

Frequent Visitor

The guy is ticked off like the rest of us and you critisize him for cap locks and proof reading? Really! 

Your a moron..................

New Poster

You say FS2 is available in limited areas, where are those areas?
New Poster

Re: FS2??

How long does it take comcast to negotiate with fox to get FS2? All the money their subscribers pay and they can't even GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT. I really want this channel and don't understand why I have to go to a friends house to watch dish.
Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

I live in the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area zipcode 33326 and I got Fox Sports 2 on channel 741.  It finally happened.  I have the X1 system with Digital Preferred with no extras.

Frequent Visitor

X1.

X1.

X1.

I thought I might start by typing X1 one thousand times; of course, in honor of the One Thousand Day Anniversary of this thread (actually, the official date was a while back). Lots and lots has gone on in the world over the past one thousand days, but, one thing remains constant, I still do not have Fox Sports 2. And, I still do not have beIN Sports HD. I keep throwing $XXX per month at the Xfunnies, and nothing. Comcast did achieve a modest amount of success by "allowing" us to view beIN Sports en Espanol HD. Geez, I bet ComcastXYZ (fill in the blank) got tired from patting themselves on the back once they announced that the beIN Sports en Espanol HD was coming to town.

When you have egos involved that are the size of the companies they represent, the phrase "heck, let's just do it" will never be heard from a decision-making room so very far up there in the Custerdome. Oh, I know, I am just one of the low-information-hayseeds that doesn't understand big business, a.k.a., the Art of the Deal. You know what? Maybe that's a good thing.

Sorry to cut this short, but I have to get ready for my beloved Arsenal in the UEFA Champions League. Oh, wait...hmmm...it's on Fox Sports 2. Good thing I have a subscription to FoxSoccer2Go. Unfortunately, I will have to connect to a reasonably reliable wi-fi connection down at the local coffee shop; for the most part, streaming anything on my Xflop network just leads to more sorrow. I know...it's Fox's fault.

X1

X1

X1

Honestly, X1 is good. I have to give credit where credit is due.

See you again during the summer of 2019 for the Two Thousand Day Bash. I'll probably just save the typing effort and copy/paste this message text.

Contributor

Did they just add FS2 recently? Did they notify you? Is it in HD. Thanks.
Contributor

There is an exception to the FS2 blackout online. If a program is SUPPOSED to be on FS1, you can watch it online even if the program that is on FS1 is running long and what you want to watch is on FS2.
Regular Contributor

Thanks, That's good to know.

Most Valued Poster

Missed the Villanova Mens Basketball game on 11/11/2016. Was available on FS2

Regular Contributor

Comcast treats those of us who watch sports car races even worse - they'll have the 1st half of a race on FS1 then we are told we must go to FS2 to see the rest.   This has happened several times.  Also, the DVR does not manage rain delays very well.

Expert

@l_turn9 wrote:

Comcast treats those of us who watch sports car races even worse - they'll have the 1st half of a race on FS1 then we are told we must go to FS2 to see the rest.   This has happened several times.  Also, the DVR does not manage rain delays very well.

Comcast is not telling you to change the channel to FS2 to continue watching.... FS1 is deciding that.  It is unfair to blame Comcast for that issue.  The X1 platform has an Auto-Extend function that is being fine tuned for some sports offerings and it has done very well for me with NASCAR races that extend past normal programming lengths.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Crazy that Xfinity doesn't offer Fox Sports 2!!!  I'm missing lots of Big East basketball games.  Tonight is Creighton vs Oral Roberts.  Might be time to move on from Comcast/Xfinity....

Problem Solver

Comcast has never added Fox Sports 2 in areas where they have been the cable company for some time. Like a lot of things, the markets that have Fox Sports 2 carried its predecessor, Fuel. They carried it because of existing contracts with providers that Comcast purchased.

The vast majority of areas that have Fox Sports 2 (SD only) are former territories of Adelphia Cable that Comcast purchased between 2006 and 2007. Also, areas that were formerly Suscom have FS2 (These are in PA and MS, I believe).

Outside of that, it hasn't been added to systems that Comcast owned before 2006, unfortunately. Hopefully that changes someday, and that the channel is carried in HD as it is on almost every other major cable company, Dish, DirecTV, AT&T, Verizon and CenturyLink.

Frequent Visitor

Why doesn't Comcast/Xfinity offer Fox Sports 2? I just noticed the Rolex 24 schedule for 2017 and a lot of it is on FS2 so we pay big bucks for TV service and still don't get channels that a lot of us, expecially race fans, want.

Jan. 28-29

Rolex 24 at Daytona

Saturday, Jan. 28

Fox TV, 2 p.m.-5 p.m.

FS1, 5 p.m.-10 p.m.

FS2, 11 p.m.-midnight

Sunday, Jan. 29

FS2, midnight-12:30 p.m.

FS1, 12:30 p.m.-3 p.m.

Regular Contributor

Cause ya got Comcast confused with a company that really cares & listens to it's subscribers and Dats Da Name of Dat Tune!!!!!

New Poster

I've been getting FS2 on Channel 740 for years. Standard def only.

My guess is people want it without paying for it.

Contributor

How do you get it?
Regular Contributor

@Timmay2Shoes wrote:

I've been getting FS2 on Channel 740 for years. Standard def only.

My guess is people want it without paying for it.

If you have FS2 in any form on Comcast, you are in the minority of their customers.  Most do not get it even in standard definition.  If you read back through the years of posts on this subject, nobody is talking about the price.  The only posters who bring up added expense are the Comcast shills, who use that as a justification for not providing FS2 in their lineup, in other words "We are just trying to save you from yourselves" (That is, when they're not trying to shift the blame to FOX).  Personally, I've found other routes to see the programming I miss on FS2, so really It's no big deal to me.  It is, however, a big issue for many customers, given the length of time this thread has been running, and it is the attitude Comcast chooses ("If you're not happy, then switch to another service"), that is irritaiting to these customers.  Nobody expects to get it for free.

Regular Contributor

@Janstheman wrote:
How do you get it?

If you don't get it, you won't get it, unless you switch to Direct TV or some other provider (Of course, they all come with their own problems),