Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Regular Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Where is ComcastTeds with his monthly excuses why Comcast doesn't carry a channel every other major provider has except them. Guess you can only say the same nonsense so many times. #monopoly #comcastiscorrupt

Regular Contributor

Maybe he has run out of straw for building those "Straw Men" that he is infamous for?

New Poster

Channel Ordering Packages

I would like to find out when Comcast Xfinity will add the FS2 and RFD-TV Channels to any of their ordering packages?  I don't know why these stations haven't been carried yet!

New Poster

Re: Channel Ordering Packages

Want FS2 to watch Bundesliga games not aired on FS1 or anywhere else through Comcast Xfinity. Very frustrating indeed that I can't even watch the shows that I'm interested in.

Admin1
Frequent Visitor

Big Champions League Group Stage Match coming up this Wednesday, and Arsenal happens to be involved; you know Arsenal, arguably the biggest of the Big Clubs in America. Lots of Arsenal shirts out there.

I can't wait to watch it...

Hold on...it appears the match vs Olympiacos FC is on FOX Sports 2.

Remind me again; why does FOX pay UEFA scores of millions of dollars to obtain Champions League broadcast rights, then decide to put the biggest of the Big Games on the weak and poorly-distributed FOX Sports 2? Certainly, no signs of genius there.

And, worse yet, Comcast/NBC sits idly by and refuses to strike a deal with FOX so they can begin airing FOX Sports 2. I'm starting to believe the NBC/Xifinity conspiracy theory: Time to punish FOX.

What a bunch of petulant fractious little children.

Still, it gets better. I wouldn't mind so much as FOX does offer a nice service in FoxSoccer2Go.com. In theory, subscribers have access to all Champions League games, anytime, anywhere (initially live, then, after a short delay, via replay mode). Unfortunately, I have to rely on Xfinity High Speed Internet to indulge. Talk about stoppage time; no doubt Xfinity is Top of the Table when it comes to Interruptions and Re-buffering.

Where are we at? We've all been waiting over two years for FOX Sports 2. Fast forward to 2018 and the FIFA World Cup. How much do you want to bet that the USA vs. Argentina Semi-Final (I exaggerate for effect only) will be on FOX Sports 2? Huge ratings...ESPN pulled in 30 million, FOX? Around 250,000.

Congrats to FOX and Xfinity. This would all make for an interesting Doctoral Thesis in Economics. Last I heard/read, they are squabbling over about $0.03 per subscriber. Oh, I know, I know; my simple mind just doesn't understand Big Business.

Regular Contributor

@oldspinny wrote:

And, worse yet, Comcast/NBC sits idly by and refuses to strike a deal with FOX so they can begin airing FOX Sports 2. I'm starting to believe the NBC/Xifinity conspiracy theory: Time to punish FOX.

Sure would appear that Comcast is being the bully! At our expense!!!!!!
Frequent Visitor

I would love to be able to watch Olympiakos and Arsenal today but, unfortunately, it's on FOX Sports 2 and I have Comcast, which tells me that it has the "Most Live Sports". Weird, huh?

Regular Contributor

as said before, Comcast often airs the 1st half of a race on FS1 then the conclusion on FS2 so I have started to download (or watch) footage on Youtube.  .It's often available immed after the race and it's usually HD.  Sometimes highlights are avail while other times the full race is available..  

Official Employee

@l_turn9 wrote:

as said before, Comcast often airs the 1st half of a race on FS1 then the conclusion on FS2 so I have started to download (or watch) footage on Youtube.  .It's often available immed after the race and it's usually HD.  Sometimes highlights are avail while other times the full race is available..  

Just to clarify - Fox does the switch of programming from FS1 to FS2 - not Comcast.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@l_turn9 wrote:

Just to clarify - Fox does the switch of programming from FS1 to FS2 - not Comcast.

And to clarify further, Comcast is the one NOT carrying FS2.

Official Employee

@mrshvd3 wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@l_turn9 wrote:

We do offer FS2 in a few markets. There is no new news to announce at this time regarding additional areas.

Comcast doesn't program FS1 or FS2 or switch out of programming on these channels. That is done by Fox. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@mrshvd3 wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@l_turn9 wrote:

We do offer FS2 in a few markets. There is no new news to announce at this time regarding additional areas.

REALLY!!!!

To be more truthfull you should say that there are markets that have FS2 because it is a legacy contract and in point of fact Comcast has not "added" FS2 in a single market???? Just trying to keep things clear!!!

Expert
Moved:

Post Removed for Violation of Forum Posting Guidelines ( Circumvention of Language Filters ) You can review the Posting Guidelines here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/m-p/2618379#U2618379

Regular Contributor

My ex girlfriend has RCN, a crappy little nothing company in Allentown PA, and she gets FS1 and FS2 in HD..

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Great clarification!!

New Poster

FS2

Many shows are now on FS2.  Provide FS2

New Poster

FS2

When are you adding FS2?  Many shows are now on FS2.

New Poster

Mavtv & FoxSports 2

Why can't  I get Mavtv and foxsports 2

Regular Visitor

FOX SPORTS 2

I HOPE YOU PLAN ON HAVEING ON HAVEING THIS CHANNEL ON FOR FOR THIS NASCAR SEASON!!!

Regular Visitor

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@mrshvd3 wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@l_turn9 wrote:

Comcast doesn't program FS1 or FS2 or switch out of programming on these channels. That is done by Fox. 

I've been a Comcast customer for over 25 years and I find not having FS2 HD and BEIN Sport HD unacceptable. The problem is I have no choice because there are no broadband cable/internet alternatives at my house.

This is a reason I would switch after 25+ years because I cannot watch what I want either on TV or stream on the internet (Fox2Go). I pay for the service and in this case extra for sport package with the intent of watching what I want when I want. HD channels have been added that I have never or will never watch. 

Come on Comcast, provide the channels people want. If it costs more then provide them in a package.

Regular Contributor

I've posted this before but maybe it needs a reposting?

When Comcast Ted says:

"We do offer FS2 in a few markets. There is no new news to announce at this time regarding additional areas."

Be aware that Comcast has NOT added FS2 to any of the markets that I'm aware of. The only markets that have FS2 are markets that Comcast has acquired and the legacy contract forces Comcast to honor the FS2 content.

I've asked repeatedly for Ted to give us a list of markets that have had FS2 "ADDED" to their available channels and to date I've not seen that list. I've been lead to believe that the answer is "zero"!

My personal belief is that you will see FS2 added to our channel lineup, the day after pigs are seen flying in formation, inverted!

Regular Contributor

Just to clarify...Comcast doesn't care about what any of it's customers think, and they never will as long as they keep getting their $$$$$$$$$$$$$. That's all that matters...
Regular Contributor

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

New Poster

Fox Sports 2

Will Xfinity be getting Fox Sports 2 any time soon?

Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2

I think it's funny that some of NASCAR's xfinity series races are going to be on Fox Sports 2. Comcast won't be able to show the series they sponsor. That's a sound investment move comcast, paying for something nobody can watch. What's next, a 24 hour commercial channel? The sad part is there is no other cable provider in my area. We have been asking for this channel for two years, so I think it's safe to say comcast doesn't care what their customers think.

Regular Contributor

Comcast's motto should be "why listen to customers when they just keep paying us anyway"...💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵
New Poster

Fox Sports 2

When will comcast Xfinity offer Fox Sports 2?  Odd that Xfinity is the title sponsor of the NASCAR Xfinity Series but doesn't offer FS2 where a number of broadcasts are in the racing world or when races go overtime on FS1.  If anyone knows if Comcast will broadcast Fox Sprots 2 let me know, very disappointed new customer.

Frequent Visitor

This doesn't surprise me at all

Regular Contributor

Great news soccer fans, the Cops America Centenario is gonna be on FS1 and FS2. SO we might get to see half of the 32 games...hooray. great job Comcast. Keep up the ripping off people and not listening to your customers.
Regular Visitor

Re: Fox 2 still not in CC lineup

Except that doesn't work since FSGO won't let you get FS2 because Comcast won't carry it.

Regular Contributor

Do you REALLY think Comcast will EVER have it in the lineup????   Do you still believe in the Tooth Ferry????

Frequent Visitor

Wishe "DO NOT" come true!

Frequent Visitor

Fox Sports 2

When will we get Fox Sports 2 in the Central Virginia Market?

Regular Contributor

Well done and thank you for the FCC complaint link. I used it and it's very easy. Hopefully more users will access it so we can force them to add FS2. Currently they have no reason or desire to offer it through out the country as long as complaints stop here on THEIR forum. FS2 not available in the SF Bayarea now for years. Cord cutting is coming soon.
Regular Contributor

And I'll add thanks for nothing by no access other then the IMSA website to follow the 24Hr of Daytona this weekend as coverage is on FS1 then switches to the unavailable FS2. Clowns
New Poster

rolex 500

We want FS2 in Delaware, to cover the entire Daytona Rolex 500

Regular Contributor

Re: Fox 2 sstill not in CC lineup

Thanks for the link, i filed a complaint and suggest everyone file one.

Expert
Moved:

Post removed for bypassing the profanity filter in violation of the Forum Guidelines.

Contributor

There is always Direct TV

Regular Contributor

I'm hoping Google Fiber will be available. Since they are in the area ( Silicon Valley) I would leave Comcast ASAP! The ONLY reason I am still with these clowns is because there is no other internet service in my area other then At@t DSL 👎🏻. Otherwise I'm gone
Regular Visitor

I think a good move here is to contact NASCAR and maybe they can add some support.  Not sure of the backlash they could, or would generate to know their fan base is being affected by their series' availability.

Regular Visitor

This from NASCAR.com:

"For general comments, suggestions, and inquiries about NASCAR or NASCAR.com, please send an email to sitefeedback@nascar.com."

I sent the link an email.  See if I get a reply. They could probably apply more pressure than any of us, if they want.

Frequent Visitor

The big issue is that they are both profitting "EXTREMELY WELL" and as far as NASCAR they are not concerned to address an issue they are not responsable for other than honoring contracts. Their mainly concerned about CWTS, Xfinity, and Cup. A lot of the lower divisions are comming up but not like the 'Big Three" Cut and dry!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Visitor

Yup, it's a highly successful $$$ driven, truly capitalistic sport.  I'm sure both want to keep it that way.  Any mid-long term, 3,5, or 10 year, plan certainly wouldn't include eroding your fan base, which is what I believe will happen if loyal NASCAR fans aren't allowed the choice to see any of the big 3 series races in its aired entirety.

Regular Contributor

I was able to stream the complete race (Rolex 24 at Daytona), without commercial interruption, and with comentary from the Radio LeMans crew.  Best watching experiece I've had so far.  Even able to "air play" it onto my big screen.  A shout out to IMSA for providing this service.  That does not excuse Comcast and Fox for the way they are doing business.  Fox will divide up the broacast, putting most of it onto FS2, in order to rile up the Comcast customers.  Comcast is the gate-keeper, and from all the evidence I've seen, are doing nothing about including FS2 in their line-up (you have to rembember, they own NBC Sports, and Fox Sports is their competitor.  They are never going to lift a finger to provide FS2, despite what their customers want.)  It is becoming more and more viable to "cut the cord".  I just need to find an internet provider that has the speed of Comcast, but without the Comcast name.

Regular Contributor

Yes that's the big dilemma since they are not ever going to offer FS2, they have the market cornered regarding internet speed and connections. This is the only thing holding be back since I do the same as you and stream the racing from my apps on the iPad / computer to my TV.
Soon I'm hoping Google will offer their fiber here in the Bayarea.
Regular Contributor

The FCC link works and I am going to be in contact with a Rep regarding the nonexistent FS2 throughout the U.S.
I suggest everyone use it to complain that the channel is unavailable in your area for years now as Comcast is become a monopoly in the ISP / broadcast spectrum.
Official Employee
Moved:

Removed, off topic. As per the Forum Guidelines, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289 Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.

Regular Contributor

Contact the FCC to file a complaint about any of many shortcomings of the monopoly or duopoly conditions in the TV/ISP markets across the USA:

http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

I'll just post this again...Received calls 3 straight days from Comcast so they "could resolve my probelm". I said basically, are you getting FS2 in HD and BeIn Sports in HD?, no...well then peace...already set up appt for Dish Network.