Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

@ComcastTeds wrote:

Agreed. Just showing that the overall distribution of Fox Sports 2 is much lower than the others. That helps to illustrate that Comcast is not the only video provider that is not currently offering this channel in all locations. 
What do you hear from Fox regarding this? 

Not it does not! All it does illustrate is that out of the major providers Comcast are the only ones not offering FS2. FS2 is available nationwide on the other major providers. This is a trend for Comcast. All the numbers show is that Comcast have a lot more subscribers than the other providers and you not carrying a channel takes a big chunk out of their numbers. You know that and that's why you drive a hard bargain and that's why like with other popular channels your customers ask for, you are almost certainly the last to carry them. 

Official Employee

The truth remains that Comcast is not the only video provider to not offer Fox Sports 2 in all locations. Comcast has 22 million video customers. Even if you add 22 million to the Fox Sports 2 total number it still falls way short of the Fox Sports 1 number.

We certainly understand your passion. Just trying to share some facts.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

@ComcastTeds wrote:
The truth remains that Comcast is not the only video provider to not offer Fox Sports 2 in all locations. Comcast has 22 million video customers. Even if you add 22 million to the Fox Sports 2 total number it still falls way short of the Fox Sports 1 number.

Are you really believing what you just wrote? You are not sharing some facts you are twisting numbers to make them say what they don't. Your assumption is that every subscriber of the other major tv providers have added FS2 to their plans. Of course the whole amount of subscribers doesn't add up because not every subscriber will have a plan that have FS2 in it. That's what the numbers show, not that the other providers do not carry FS2 in all locations. Name me one of the other 3 providers that offers FS2 in only part of the country? 

@ComcastTeds wrote:

Really? What do you think Fox is saying? I'll tell you what they and all of your customers who want this channel are saying: Comcast is the only provider out of the nationwide companies that do not carry FS2 (legally forced to carry the channel from taking over other companies don't count). That says all we need to know about Comcast Cares.

Official Employee

@SePokoSa wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

Are you really believing what you just wrote? You are not sharing some facts you are twisting numbers to make them say what they don't. Your assumption is that every subscriber of the other major tv providers have added FS2 to their plans. Of course the whole amount of subscribers doesn't add up because not every subscriber will have a plan that have FS2 in it. That's what the numbers show, not that the other providers do not carry FS2 in all locations. Name me one of the other 3 providers that offers FS2 in only part of the country? 

@ComcastTeds wrote:

Really? What do you think Fox is saying? I'll tell you what they and all of your customers who want this channel are saying: Comcast is the only provider out of the nationwide companies that do not carry FS2 (legally forced to carry the channel from taking over other companies don't count). That says all we need to know about Comcast Cares.

Unfortunately, we don't have an expected date for an announcement for adding Fox Sports 2 in additional Comcast areas.

As mentioned earlier, I do know that our programming teams meet regularly with Fox on this and other topics. The conversations are ongoing.

Apologies. The math doesn't lie. The distribution numbers are the numbers. They tell the story. Fox Sports 1 is widely distributed. Fox Sports 2 is not as widely distributed; about half as many households as FS1. Those numbers (or lack of) are not all due to Comcast.  

My only point was that (based simply on the math), other video providers also don't offer Fox Sports 2. Comcast actually does offer Fox Sports 2 in many locations, but certainly not all.

Apologies that you are in an area where we don't offer Fox Sports 2 programming.

I don't have access to other video providers that don't offer Fox Sports 2 (as that information would be confidential and proprietary to Fox Sports and to those video providers), but based simply on the math, it is more than just Comcast not offering this channel.

Others may consider this as splitting hairs, but it is still accurate. 

There are other nationwide video providers that offer Fox Sports 2. If Fox Sports 2 is important to you, I would certainly suggest exploring those options. Those national providers and their contact information were actually posted earlier in this thread. Fox can also provide that information to you. 

Glad that we can have this dialogue here and please know that I do constantly share all of this feedback with our programming teams.  

My earlier question was "what are you hearing from Fox", not "what do you think Fox is saying". I'm not sure that Fox is having this same sort of open and ongoing dialogue on this issue that definitely involves both companies.

FWIW, I've been watching Champions League Soccer matches on occasion afternoons on FS2 at Fado Irish Pub in Philadelphia. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Posted in error, deleted. 

Problem Solver

As I have seen it with other providers:

Time Warner Cable: Universally carries Fox Sports 2, only offers it in HD in a few western markets.

Charter: Universally offers Fox Sports 2 in SD and HD throughout its footprint.

Cox: Offers the network universally in SD, not in HD.

Cablevision: Offers the network universally in SD, not in HD.

Bright House Networks: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

Mediacom: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

Suddenlink: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

DirecTV: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

Dish Network: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

AT&T U-Verse: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

Verizon FiOS: Offers the network universally in SD, not in HD.

CenturyLink Prism: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

RCN: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

WOW: Offers the network in SD, but not HD.

Frequent Visitor

Well, isn't that interesting!

Contributor

@ComcastTeds wrote:
Unfortunately, we don't have an expected date for an announcement for adding Fox Sports 2 in additional Comcast areas.

As mentioned earlier, I do know that our programming teams meet regularly with Fox on this and other topics. The conversations are ongoing.

Apologies. The math doesn't lie. The distribution numbers are the numbers. They tell the story. Fox Sports 1 is widely distributed. Fox Sports 2 is not as widely distributed; about half as many households as FS1. Those numbers (or lack of) are not all due to Comcast.  

My only point was that (based simply on the math), other video providers also don't offer Fox Sports 2. Comcast actually does offer Fox Sports 2 in many locations, but certainly not all.

Apologies that you are in an area where we don't offer Fox Sports 2 programming.

I don't have access to other video providers that don't offer Fox Sports 2 (as that information would be confidential and proprietary to Fox Sports and to those video providers), but based simply on the math, it is more than just Comcast not offering this channel.

Others may consider this as splitting hairs, but it is still accurate. 

There are other nationwide video providers that offer Fox Sports 2. If Fox Sports 2 is important to you, I would certainly suggest exploring those options. Those national providers and their contact information were actually posted earlier in this thread. Fox can also provide that information to you. 

Glad that we can have this dialogue here and please know that I do constantly share all of this feedback with our programming teams.  

My earlier question was "what are you hearing from Fox", not "what do you think Fox is saying". I'm not sure that Fox is having this same sort of open and ongoing dialogue on this issue that definitely involves both companies.

FWIW, I've been watching Champions League Soccer matches on occasion afternoons on FS2 at Fado Irish Pub in Philadelphia. 

Ted, I got to give it to you. At least you are honest and state that if we want FS2 our best bet is to switch provider or find a pub/resto that have FS2. I bet you Fado Irish Pub does not have Comcast as their service provider. Thank you for doing your part in conveying our demands to your programmign department.

On FS2 availability from other providers, I don't care what math you use, the fact of the matter is like drhull posted above, all the other major providers offer FS2 to their customers nationwide, from coast to coast. I know because I have done my research since my lease is about to come to an end in a couple months and let's just say I will not be calling Comcast Movers Edge, when I move out of this place.

Contributor

The FIFA Women's World cup starts a week from Saturday, and is exclusive to Fox Sports. This includes 7 games of the group stage that are only on Fox Sports 2.

My only option in New Hampshire is Comcast and have no where to mount a sattelite. Please Comcast add Fox Sports 2 HD before Saturday June 6, 2015 so we don't miss 20% of the first round.

Frequent Visitor

Speculation on my part: I think Fox Sports 2, which used to be Fuel, will end up coming to Comcast…and throughout all systems. The rebranding of that programmer (Fox Sports 1 used to be Speed/Speed Channel/Speedvision) has, I think, been most critical to bringing it in. I think Comcast, like other cable operators, may have some specific details to work out in contractual agreements. Comcast, like other cable operators (you name them!), may not necessarily have a consistent contract (for a given programmer) covering all systems of service. Maybe there are numerous programmers that are consistent, in contractual details, covering all Comcast systems of service. (I would guess that to be the case with some of those most highly viewed from basic and premium movie programmers.) But, my guess is that Fox Sports 2 was probably more difficult when it was still Fuel. Perhaps, now that Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 have been established for a while (they both launched in 2013; this summer marks the two-year anniversary for both), a clearer path to negotiating carriage will become successful for those MSOs who do not yet have Fox Sports 1 and/or Fox Sports 2. I think the additions of anything Fox-related (like Fox Deportes) may be an encouraging sign. (Please keep in mind: this is "speculation.")

Frequent Visitor

Comcast is a business, so it's all about the money. My simpiler speculation is that Comcast, in the interest of more profit, could find a poorly performing channel to replace with Fox Sports 2, and perhaps risk a little more money to see if it provided a better return on investment. 

Regular Visitor

To be honest, I am very furious with Comcast. We here in Delaware County, PA can not get Fox Sports 2. I have to watch the Nigeria/Brazil game on NBC Universo(no surprise). However, If you go up to the Manyunk and University City sections of Philadelphia, you can get Fox Sports 2. Fox 29's picture quality in Philadelphia has significantly degraded here also. It is very fuzzy. My main problem is, Why can't Fox Sports 2 be available across all of Comcast's footprint? 

Highlighted
New Poster

Manyunk is one of the sections of Philly that was previously Urban Cableworks.

Comcast purchased them years ago. UC had an agreement to carry Fuel. That is why that is the only area in and around Philly that gets FS2. 

This is what Ted is referring to as "some areas". If Comcast acquired another provider that had the rights previously to carry Fuel, they still can carry FS2. 

Regular Contributor

@SeattleJeepMatt wrote:

Manyunk is one of the sections of Philly that was previously Urban Cableworks.

Comcast purchased them years ago. UC had an agreement to carry Fuel. That is why that is the only area in and around Philly that gets FS2. 

This is what Ted is referring to as "some areas". If Comcast acquired another provider that had the rights previously to carry Fuel, they still can carry FS2. 

SeattleJeep,

You said "If Comcast acquired another provider that had the rights previously to carry Fuel, they still can carry FS2".

It's a minor point but the more correct statement is that Comcast "must carry FS2" as it is a legacy contract and Comcast has no way of dropping them. UNTIL the contract is over & then the plot will thicken! If you go back and read my post to Ted, asking him how many service areas had FS2 because of just this type of "legacy contract" and how many service areas had Comcast ADDED FS2 to the existing lineup, I believe  you find there was not a real answer to my question. I have it from a "reliable inside source" that there has been no service area that FS2 has been added & what Comcast is saying are added service areas, are in fact legacy contract service areas, that are preexisting or newly acquired. 

The easy answer would be for Ted to give us the numbers and service areas where Comcast has added FS2 & the service areas where FS2 is available due to a legacy contract?

New Poster

FS2

Are we EVER going to get Fox Sports 2???

New Poster

Re: FS2

It appears that Comcast doesn't care that many of the Women's World Cup games are on Fox Sports 2, which Comcast STILL won't carry in places like Eastern Massachusetts. One might wonder what would have happened if the same had happened to the Men's World Cup ... just a thought.

Frequent Visitor

Re: FS2

Yep. Still no FS2 so we miss WWC matches.  #comcastdoesntcare

New Poster

Fox Sports 1 channel and Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV) - Loss of Speed Channel

I have been very disapointed with Fox in general for changing the most watched SPEED channel and getting rid of it all together while making a new channel called Fox Sports One.  It  is not really Comcast's fault.  If you look at it, now Comcast has to carry two channels for us to watch all the stuff that used to be on one Speed channel.  Fox should have never done that to all the Nascar fans out there.

However, that being said, Comcast has plenty of room to add Fox Sports Two.  Millions of people watch Nascar every year, 75 Million to be exact, Comcast is missing the boat and should pick up Fox Sports Two as many other providers are doing now. 

Comcast is TOO BIG and does not care about the 75 Million people that watch Nascar every year, they just care about the 22 Million people that subscribe to their subscription services.

Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 1 channel and Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV) - Loss of Speed Channel

you know you're right, and you're wrong. Comcast ted is a shill, comcast allows this thread but otherwise ignores it. They know the only way you get fs2 with dish is to get the xtra package or higher. In most areas of the us Comcast does not offer fs2 - period. I dont care about soccer or football or baseball. I will watch the stanley cup tonight as a fickle chicago fan otherwise dotn care about hockey or basketball. I like AUTO racing. A week ago friday they interrupted nascar practice to show the extensive coverage of sepp bladder re-accepting his presidency for fifa and laughing at the corruption,. Mid week he resigns. Yet we cant get back the missed nascar coverage.  ABC and espn gradually got bad on auto racing coverage. NBC sports came along and bought a good channel covering indy car and renamed it nbc sports like fox sports took speed and renamed it fx1 ands then split a lot of other racing, plus all the mavtiv is on fs2 - which few anywhere get. I can now see formula one on nbc sports. FS1 has nascar race hub and nbc sports has nascar america. In a month fox covering nascar on sundays will switch to nbc the rest of the season. My rub is why nascar turns a blind eye to comcast and cares about the money so lets them buy the naming rights to the mid tier racing series, while ignoring that customers dont get fox sports 2. I realize this isnt just comcasts fault - it is squarely on fox for messing up the speed channel in the first place. But to get fox sports one I am stuck with dozens of football, basketball, golf and tennis channels. As I write an arca race (sort of entry level nascar) is on fox sports 2. fox sports 1 on saturdays covers baseball and all auto racing dumped to fs2. So comcast customers see none. I just wrote Comcast. I am a 30 years customer, I am also unemployed a lONG time and as comcast has taken it all, I no longer have 150 a month (after many negotiations down from over 300 a month) to have the digital basic plan to get fox sports 1 but missing a lot of channels like local weather, discovery health and science channel and more. I might get a standalone of dish extra to get fox sports one and two for about 30 bucks a month. I can get home telephone from walmart basic talk 9.95 a month. Comcasts NEW customer internet is 14.99 a month - if they will give me that and no more equipment rentals - it is the best internet deal going. yes it goes up after a year. I might simply buy a tv antenna and watch the 30 plus free local chicago area channnels. I will miss nascar and indy car and fformula one - a LOT. So litytle of it anymore is on traditional network channels (abc, cbs, nbc, fox). I gre up seeing it go from wide world of sports once a month if that to in the 80s cbs covered the daytona 500 and a lot of nascar was on abc and some on espn - back when espn was into auto racing. I wrote in this thread when it was under ten pages - two plus years ago,. UNLESS fox makes peace with comcast and the satellite providers, or dish start to offer it in the LOWER tgier packages, comcast is all about making sure their packages are similar to competition. Why should they offer fox sports two if no one else does. Comcast true, dos NOT care about nascar fans all 75 milloion of them - I have been a nascar fan since 1960 (not a typo - more than 55 years). Yet they bought the nascar naming rights to the nationwide series as if to suggest they embrace nascar. NO - they dont. They bought nbc years back and want to maximize their exposure with nbc now into nascqar coverage. So that is 75 million nascar fans they dont care about, plus how many formula one and indy car fans - except those are televised - for now. But to say they care about their 22 million customers - as a soon to be 3 decades plus EX comcast customer - I can assure despite lip service from the newbie 800 number call center clerks at comcast - otherwise NO ONE at any level of comcast cares about customers, not at tom karinshaks office ("ask tom") not at Brian roberts office (the ceo) or any other level. Comcast like time warer, and att and dish care about eh bottom line and that their deals are at least similar to competition.l Customer service let alone happy customers - you're in la la land. No doubt comcast ted will block this if not right away, soon after its posted. But at least I took the time to state what I know to be facts.

PS sorry for the length, I tried hard to not particularly bash comcast just to state what my 3 decades of experiences with comcast says and I TIRED to spell check - I can spell, but my fingers type faster and out of order of what my brain hopes will show on screen - not dyslexic but it does of course look as if I were.)

New Poster

Fox Sports 2 for women's World Cup? Nowhere? !!!!!!

Are you kidding me? No Fox Sports 2? So we're going to miss a bunch of the women's World Cup matches because Comcast won't get this channel?

Problem Solver

Re: Fox Sports 2 for women's World Cup? Nowhere? !!!!!!

Comcast has only ever carried this channel in former Adelphia, Suscom or areas that were transferred from Time Warner Cable when that company partnered with Comcast to purchase Adelphia's assets.

For the other areas of the country where Comcast operates, they do not feature this channel in linear fashion. However, you should be able to access it through Fox Sports Go online and watch with your laptop, tablet or smartphone, using a device like a Roku, Chromecast or Apple TV to project to your full-screen television.

Official Employee

Re: Fox Sports 2 for women's World Cup? Nowhere? !!!!!!

@drhull wrote:

For the other areas of the country where Comcast operates, they do not feature this channel in linear fashion. However, you should be able to access it through Fox Sports Go online and watch with your laptop, tablet or smartphone, using a device like a Roku, Chromecast or Apple TV to project to your full-screen television.

Just to clarify the above.... 

ONLINE ACCESS

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service.

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site: http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Live streams of all the FOX Sports Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive FOX Sports as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers. If you get FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX sports regional channels at home, you've got access!

Regular Contributor

Actually, the term is "COMCAST CARE-LESS, or COMCAST CARES LESS

New Poster

Channel

Would you PLEASE get FS2!!!! Pretty good you sponser NASCAR and can't even watch some of the programs

New Poster

Fox Sports 2

When will we be getting Fox Sports 2. I'm missing a lot of my NASCAR items as well as other sports events...I was wondering when Comcast will be adding the channel??? Or if anyone else out there wants this channel added?

Frequent Visitor

Once again missed Cup qualifying because Comcast will not add Fox Sports 2.  You would think since Infinity is a NASCAR sponser they would carry all NASCAR events.

Frequent Visitor

No FS2 - seriously now, for what we're paying?!!!!

Comcast can keep the 3 dozen foreign language channels and the dozen shopping channels if they'll just give me back the RFD channel and put Fox Sports 2, FS2 in their lineup.  I've got the big package because I wanted the NFL red zone.  Have you seen what congress is dithering on about regarding build your own package, and that foolish offering that one of the satellite dish companies has put together - will cost next to nothing if you only watch local stations and a few fringe channels, but if you want to watch Fox or ESPN or BBCA watch the price jump.  

Regular Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2

If Comcast doesn't want it, the customer wanting it doesn't matter. There have been statements made by Comcast executives that if customers want channels that Comcast doesn't carry, they are welcome to subscribe to other TV providers that do carry them. In other words, "if you don't like it, leave." Pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

Contributor

The 24 Hours of LeMans is on this weekend.  Looks like I will be missing most of it, including the start because Comcast still doesn't carry Fox Sports 2.  Look at this schedule:

• Saturday, June 13 (8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., FOX Sports 2)
  • Saturday, June 13 (7 p.m. to 8 p.m., FOX Sports 1)
  • Saturday, June 13 (11 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., FOX Sports 2)
  • Sunday, June 14 (3:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m., FOX Sports 1)
  • Sunday, June 14 (7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., FOX Sports 2)
  • Sunday, June 14 (9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., FOX Sports 1)

It's very disappointing that Comcast won't add this channel.  

Contributor

Today, friday,June 12 a lot of nascar missed too - cup qualifying and the  arca race. PS I have been a nascar fan council member for 4 years now, I am very vocal and have complained since the day they closed speed about this matter. I have even CALLED Nascar, many times. Yet each week Mike Joy, The two Waltrip idiots and others are shills for fox constantly say switch to fox sports 2  knowing well no one gets fox sports 2 but that's who pays their paycheck. (I have written each of them too - many many times). anyone who likes racing, years ago nascar ruined nascar dor com as it used to have a good list of the racding for the weekend, it no longer does. Some guys go to nbc or espn or cbs sports web pages, I have kept a tab open to tvracer dot com for years, it shows all racing for any given day and which channel. Assured I a pi55ed off big time knowing I am missing some significant nascar AGAIN today thanks to the imbiciles at both comcast and fox.

Friday, June 12, 2015 1:00am-1:30am (R) 1:30am-2:00am (R) NASCAR America -The States of NASCAR  NBCSN

4:00am-5:00am (R) 2015 Isle of Man Isle of Man VELOCITY

7:00am-7:30am (R) 7:30am-8:00am (R) 8:00am-8:30am (R) 8:30am-9:00am (R) NASCAR America NBCSN

11:30am-1:00pm (L) NBCSN

11:30am-1:00pm (L) NASCAR Sprint Cup Practice FS1

1:00pm-2:00pm (L) Xfinity Practice Michigan  FS1

2:30pm-4:00pm (L)  Xfinity Final Practice Michigan FS1

4:00pm-5:30pm (L) NASCAR Sprint Cup Qualifying Michigan FS2 <--Fox Sports Two No One On Comcast Gets

4:30pm-5:00pm NASCAR America -The States of NASCAR NBCSN

5:00pm-5:30pm (L) NASCAR America NBCSN

5:30pm-7:00pm (L) ARCA Racing Michigan  FS2 <---Fox Sports Two that No One On Comcast Gets

6:00pm-7:00pm (R) 2015 Isle of Man Isle of Man VELOCITY
6:30pm-7:00pm (R) NASCAR America -The States of NASCAR NBCSN

11:00pm-12:00am 2015 Isle of Man Isle of Man VELOCITY

ANYONE: Prove to me that fox, comcast or nascar care about anything other than money - I'll give you a million. Trust me I wont have to payout, no one can every prove comcast, fox or nascar cares about its fans enough to finally add fox2 as was promised years ago,m to the standard racing channels, again,  as promised - with no extra charge for it either. Nascar knows xfinity comcast are hypocrrites with the naming rights, I tell them every fan council they email me every monday morning.

Contributor

It has been.a long time since I posted but read something on another Twitter feed that I found interesting. Since Comcast would not pay the charges that Fox wanted, It said "From that, Fox signed exclusive contracts with Dish and DirecTV for all major markets. Consequently, if your on Verizon or Comcast in any major market area, you will never have the option to receive FS2......period". If true we have no hope no matter how much we request, complain, etc. of course Comcast Ted could confirm but doubt it since it would make all of us holding out hope, leave for direct or dish.
Frequent Visitor

My son is with Verizon and he gets FS2.
Official Employee

@NWracefan wrote:
It has been.a long time since I posted but read something on another Twitter feed that I found interesting. Since Comcast would not pay the charges that Fox wanted, It said "From that, Fox signed exclusive contracts with DishandDirecTV for all major markets. Consequently, if your on Verizon or Comcast in any major market area, you will never have the option toreceiveFS2......period". If true we have no hope no matter how much we request, complain, etc. of course Comcast Ted could confirm but doubt it since it would make all of us holding out hope, leave for direct or dish.

Could you post the source of that Twitter message so that we can review and address it with the source? Thanks. 

For those following, Comcast does currently offer Fox Sports 2 in several markets, including parts of "major markets" like Philadelphia. 

We don't have any new announcements to make right now regarding additional areas adding Fox Sports 2. 

As I and many others have mentioned earlier in this thread, there are other nationwide video providers that offer Fox Sports 2. If Fox Sports 2 is important to you, you may want to explore the best option for your situation.

Those national providers and their contact information were actually posted earlier in this thread (message 1053 on this page). Fox can also provide that information to you. 

Official Employee

@Ctstreetrodder wrote:

The easy answer would be for Ted to give us the numbers and service areas where Comcast has added FS2 & the service areas where FS2 is available due to a legacy contract?

.....and to reveal that information would be a violation of a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) and a direct violation of our confidential programming contract with Fox.

Fox will tell you the very same thing. 

NDA - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement

Official Employee
Moved:

removed. please review Posting Guidelines

As per the Forum Guidlines, http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289 Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.

Contributor

for (ONLY NEW) dish customers    

America's
Top 250

$39.99/mo for 12 months
290+ Channels fox sports 2 is available. 

the next package down

America's
Top 200

$39.99/mo for 12 months
240+ Channels

it is not

of course after 12 months the prices double to triple

Contributor

The tweet came from NASCAR .com you can go to that site topic Complete schedule. Underneath are tweets and you can find the complete tweet.
Official Employee

@NWracefan wrote:
The tweet camefromNASCAR .com you can go to that site topic Complete schedule. Underneath are tweets and you can find the complete tweet.

Thanks! Found it - that is not actually a tweet, but a message on the NASCAR open message board from a general user (Buck Shot_Fan 88).

http://www.nascar.com/weekend-schedule.html

My own opinion is that I remain doubtful that information regarding exclusive contracts from a multichannel video provider for any network is accurate. 

Fox is a very smart company. An exclusive agreement would seem to go against any traditional television business model - to gain additional money per subscriber, gain additional subscribers any way you can and get additional eyeballs and advertising revenue.

If you are interested in both sides of the story, you should also ask Fox Sports 2 why they don't have more distribution on Comcast and other video providers, you can do that here: http://foxsports.custhelp.com/app/ask/session/

Apologies that Fox has chosen to put some of their high profile events on one of their least distributed cable channels.

New Poster

Re: Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)?

Also upset that I can't see Nascar Qualifying!

Frequent Visitor

Fox Sports 2

It's unbelievable that we can't get fox sorts 2. Some d@&$ soccer game took it's place. It's hard to believe that since NBC, which comcast owns, has the series and we can't watch qualifying for cup series. Come on comcast get for real.
Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

Just as you were disappointed to not be able to view  the various NASCAR events, I feel the same about a single race.  In the small town of LeMans, France they hold a 24 hour road race with the ultimate sports cars from all over the world.  But when Speed was changed to Fuel we lost most of the coverage.  It went from 24 or so hours to less than 8.  I could see the listing in FS2 but I cannot get to it.   I even tried t upgrade my TV package but FS2 was not available in my area.  

Typical comcast BS.  But I will leave them soon.   ...

Frequent Visitor

All and all, the situation is just plain stupid. Why can't they just let us go ala carte and pay a buck or two more each month for Fos Sports 2?

Regular Contributor

@JASBLUES wrote:

All and all, the situation is just plain stupid. Why can't they just let us go ala carte and pay a buck or two more each month for Fos Sports 2?

My thoughts exactly. I already pay for the Sports & Entertainment Package -- why not just add it to that?

Regular Contributor

@mrshvd3 wrote:

@JASBLUES wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I already pay for the Sports & Entertainment Package -- why not just add it to that?

Don't know how long you guys have been subscribers to cable, but "back in the day" that was exactly what we could do!!!!! I have a good Comcast "inside contact" in Philly & I can assure you that pigs will fly in formation, with the slot pig inverted, before you see Comcast go back to that program!!!!  I also can remember "back in the day" when Optimum/Cablevision first got started, my monthly bills were about $30!!!!! 

Contributor

in 1983 when I hooked up I had all the premium channels, racing was either on espn, abc, daytona on cbs, 2 cable boxes and remotes, and my bill was 34 a month andf they promised when tvs were cable ready we wouldnt ever again have to rent cable boxes or remotes and our bill will go substantially lower. 30 plus years later I am stuck as the lied to junky and my "dealer" comcast has not kept one promise they ever  made. And like those "other" addicts, they tease us at first, get us hooked, prices go up, we get less for our fix and we sit and write 23 pages in their forum...that they ignore.

Official Employee

@JASBLUES wrote:

Apologies. As mentioned previously,  Fox does not currently allow us to offer Fox Sports 2 in a Sports Package or as an a-la-carte option, as much as we would like to do that.

Generally, networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs would be spread across all of the customers that have that channel in their level of service, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or via a separate Sports Package.

Official Employee

@mrshvd3 wrote:

@JASBLUES wrote:

Apologies. As mentioned previously, Fox does not currently allow us to offer Fox Sports 2 in a Sports Package or as an a-la-carte option, as much as we would like to do that.

Generally, networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs would be spread across all of the customers that have that channel in their level of service, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or via a separate Sports Package.

Regular Contributor

I would hazard a guess that most everyone on this forum is fairly "sharp"?

Does it go unnoticed that, according to the Comcast spokes person (Ted), NONE of these problems lie at the feet of the Ivory Tower in Philly. It's everyone else that is preventing Comcast from doing the right thing for their customers? If it wasn't for those ole meanies at Fox, Comcast would add FS2 to their national line up!

I'm positive that is correct, given the stellar ratings that Comcast has for Customer Support & Customer Relations in the past few years? What is not covered by NDA, are these national ratings.

I guess that it makes good business sense for Ted to tell us, if we want FS2 to go to the providers listed in earlier posts? Far be it that Comcast should give us the same service that these "other providers" are giving their subscribers!

Maybe this question is also covered by NDA : In the past 3 years, what has been the subscriber retention rate? What has been the subscriber growth rate? True growth rate Ted, NOT the added subscribers from acquisitions of other providers, but true subscriber growth.

Frequent Visitor

For instance, with Comcast, I can pay a bit more for, say, Showtime or Spanish channels. 

New Poster

24 hours of Le Mans is on Fox Sports 2?

Please tell me Xfinity has Fox Sports 2!  I have all these channels I NEVER watch but have to pay for but don't have FS2?