Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Those of us who enjoy watching NASCAR events are also hosed this Wednesday when two separate practice sessions are both being televised on Fox sports 2.

The thing that makes all of this so maddening is that Comcast by their own announcement in August 2013 stated that both Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 were both coming to replace SPEED.

Here we are a year and a half later and we still don't have a Fox sports 2 and yet Xfinity is now sponsoring the old nationwide series. wonder what they're going to do when some of the nationwide races , qualifying or practice sessions will be on Fox sports 2?
Contributor

Oh, here is a really good article written in September of last year, regarding Comcast and Xfinity taking over the nationwide series and the problems it presents by not having Fox sports 2:

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/comcasts-nascar-sponsorship-could-open-door-for-fox-sports-2.html
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the link.  It was posted on this thread last fall, but some may have missed it.  I'm not sure if anything has changed for this season, but traditionally, ESPN has carried all of the second tier NASCAR coverage (Busch/Nationwide/Xfinity Series), so I wouldn't make a difference whether or not COMCAST brings in FOX SPORTS 2.  What may happen though, is once FOX is done with it's part of SPRINT CUP for the year, you may find more and more of the ancillary coverage (practices, qualis, etc) pushed over to FS2 instead of FS1.  This would be a way for FOX to keep the pressure on COMCAST by keeping us pi$$ed off.  I haven't heard anything definite, but I wouldn't be surprised, given the way things have gone so far.

Frequent Visitor

I'm with you Mike, I just noticed a lot of practice that we watched in prior years will not be available for us this year!!!!

New Poster

What i find amazing is that Xfinity sponsers a NASCAR series and don't offer FOX Sports 2, shich they plan on televising on! Seriously looking at Dish or anyother satalite program, now thats losing a triple play and a Xfinity Business Account, Guess ya'll just don't care anyway who you run off!

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

I agree and if they really gave a S%#7 it would of been resolved a long time ago . I did not say to much last NASCAR season figuring by the 2015 season I would have it . I am missing the first live FS2 broadcast from Daytona as I type . I only need to ask one more question now to DIRECT TV and I have one triple play that will be gone

Valued Contributor

@markdartj wrote:

I'm not sure if anything has changed for this season, but traditionally, ESPN has carried all of the second tier NASCAR coverage (Busch/Nationwide/Xfinity Series), so I wouldn't make a difference whether or not COMCAST brings in FOX SPORTS 2.  What may happen though, is once FOX is done with it's part of SPRINT CUP for the year, you may find more and more of the ancillary coverage (practices, qualis, etc) pushed over to FS2 instead of FS1. 

Actually, this season, the Xfinity Series races will now be televised on the Fox or Fox Sports 1 (FS1) channels up until July, and then on the NBC or NBC Sports Network (NBCSN) channels:

2015 Xfinity Series Schedule

http://www.jayski.com/news/nxs/2015/story/_/page/2015-xfinity-schedule
However, I would expect that (similar to what had been frequently done by ESPN), in cases where the previous sports program on FS1 is running over, Fox may end up moving the start of  the Xfinity Series race coverage to FS2, which means that we will be SOL, unless Comcast and Fox get their act together and come to an agreement on providing us FS2!

New Poster

Today The Cup practice was on FXSPT2

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the update

New Poster

Due to this (FS2) and Comcast general lack of customer serivce in my area, I have an appointment this afternoon to have Direct TV installed..   See you on the other side..

S

New Poster

BTW...  Comcast *does* own NBC and NBCSN

NASCAR’s Nationwide Series has a new title sponsor for the 2015 season – Comcast. The series will be known as the Xfinity Series starting next year, and Comcast will be paying $200 million over ten years for the naming rights. This doesn’t seem like a huge deal until you consider where many series events will air – Fox Sports 2.

The vast majority of Fox’s NASCAR package airs on the Fox broadcast network and on Fox Sports 1, but every so often, coverage is pushed over to Fox Sports 2 when the schedule is too full. Considering the money Comcast is shelling out for these naming rights, it wouldn’t be a great look if they didn’t carry the network where some of that branded programming is airing.

It’s not a deal breaker – after all, Comcast *does* own NBC and NBCSN, which will air NASCAR next season – but it’s a stumbling block for sure. Fox Sports 2 is only available in 37 million homes and most relevant for this story, Comcast Xfinity does not carry the channel. It wouldn’t come as a complete shock if suddenly Comcast began carrying FS2 by the time the NASCAR season begins next year. And that would be welcome news for Fox, who desperately needs to increase distribution for the channel. If that’s indeed the case, the new NASCAR TV deal would be a bigger win for Fox than they may have initially realized.

There was also another interesting quote in the USA Today story that piqued my interest.

Comcast’s Peter Intermaggio said one of the company’s goals was for fans to be able to access content on a variety of platforms and devices. No details were offered as to how that technology might be used.

This seems like your basic executive speak, but considering the prevalence of streaming apps, could something new be in the works between Comcast and NASCAR? Perhaps an all-encompassing, free-to-Comcast-subscribers NASCAR portal could be in the works, making use of Comcast’s ownership of NBC and the monstrous, multi-billion media deal they signed with Fox a year or so ago.

We’ll see what ends up happening, but this sponsorship deal is more than just slapping a new name on the same product. It could have some very tangible effects on the wider sports media landscape.

Valued Contributor

@telcodad wrote:

@captainfish wrote:

well with all the great new stuff xfinity is bringing to nascar with the new app on the x1 and  stuff right off the bat we will miss a practice and miss victory lane becuse it will be on fox sports 2 come on xfinity add fox sports 2 

Yeah, see the posts also about this in this thread over on the X1 board:

NASCAR Fans

An article on the MCN site today about this enhancement to the X1 Sports App:

Comcast Gears Up For NASCAR
Expands X1 Sports App, Revs Up More VOD Content

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - February 19, 2015

http://www.multichannel.com/news/interactive-tv/comcast-gears-nascar/388170

However, there's no mention about Comcast not carrying FS2 in most of their markets.

Regular Visitor

I would like to know when Comcast is going to add Fox Sports 2 to the regular platform (not X1)?  I already pay enough for cable, I do not want to have to go to the 'new' platform just to watch one channel!!! WHY would you have it on X1 and not the regular platform????? Please look into this and offer Fox Sports 2 to us regular folk that do not want to pay an extra $40/month to have 'streaming' video and On-Demand on the go!!!!!

Bronze Problem Solver

@karenalex wrote:

I would like to know when Comcast is going to add Fox Sports 2 to the regular platform (not X1)?  I already pay enough for cable, I do not want to have to go to the 'new' platform just to watch one channel!!! WHY would you have it on X1 and not the regular platform????? Please look into this and offer Fox Sports 2 to us regular folk that do not want to pay an extra $40/month to have 'streaming' video and On-Demand on the go!!!!!

I have FS2 on the Digital Preferred tier here in Eastern Mass. It's in SD not HD.  I had it long before I switched to X1.

Regular Visitor

what channel in eastern MA? I live in Boston and I can't find it...I have the top of the line package for cable excluding TMC

Frequent Visitor

Fox Sports 2

Why can't we get Fox Sports 2 for all the great soccer games? Xfinity seems like they're always the last to get on board.

New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2

Come on, it's about time for FS2. Are you waiting to make it a PPV channel?

New Poster

Fox Sports 2 is a necessity for Supercross.  I may have to find a provider that will provide what I need if I cannot get that here.

New Poster

I see the Butler basketball game on Saturday 2/28 is on Fox Sports 2. That means because I am a comcast customer I will not be able to watch it unless I find a sports bar. I pay Comcast almost $300 per month for my triple play. I have had about all I can take and will be making calls to other carriers on Monday.

Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Re: Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)?

Post removed due to a deliberate forum language filter circumvention violation. Please do not try to bypass the filter. thank you. Forum Guidelines (which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state Please Don't 2. Use Profanity Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

Valued Contributor

@GaryNSJersey wrote:

I agree and if they really gave a S%#7 it would of been resolved a long time ago . I did not say to much last NASCAR season figuring by the 2015 season I would have it . I am missing the first live FS2 broadcast from Daytona as I type . I only need to ask one more question now to DIRECT TV and I have one triple play that will be gone

BTW, we're not alone, as it looks like AT&T U-verse customers are also having an issue with receiving Fox Sports programing now:

AT&T U-Verse Loses Fox Sports 1 Games

By Phillip Swann, TVPredictions.com – March 2, 2015

http://www.tvpredictions.com/fox030215.htm

“AT&T's U-Verse TV customers could not watch a NASCAR race and a Big East college basketball game over the weekend on Fox Sports 1 due to a fee fight between the companies.

The blackout confused many U-Verse subscribers because the Fox Sports 1 channel remains in AT&T's lineup, minus the missing events. Fox Sports 1 is asking the telco for extra fees to carry certain events on the sports network, including NASCAR Xfinity series races, Big East basketball games and United States Golf Association tournaments.

Fox says that if AT&T won't pay, it will lose access to those events. The select blackout started Saturday with the broadcast of the NASCAR Xfinity race.

AT&T blasted the demand for extra fees, setting up a web page that says: "While it's important for us that we provide our customers with the content they want, we are continuously working to keep our costs down. And we don't believe it is reasonable to pass on the added costs of carrying this programming to our customers."

AT&T also took a shot at the events that will be blacked out, saying their "viewership is low for all three."

Fox Sports 1 has also posted a web page alerting AT&T customers that they could lose access to the NASCAR races, college basketball games, golf tournaments and some soccer matches.”

While Comcast and Fox had signed that “comprehensive programming agreement" back in February 2013:

Fox and Comcast Announce Comprehensive Programming Agreement

Comcast Voices blog - February 12, 2013

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/fox-and-comcast-announce-comprehensive-progr...

This is also why we probably don’t have FS2 yet:

“The fight over rising sports fees is nothing new in the industry. But it is unusual, albeit not unique, for a programmer to ask a TV provider for additional fees after the original carriage agreement was signed. Fox Sports 1 obtained the rights to these events after it signed its deal with AT&T and therefore says the telco should now pay more to air them.”

New Poster

Fuel TV doesnt seem like a great match for fox sports picks since they specialize in showing surfing, biking, and more extreme sports where as Fox Sports is known predominantly for its Major League Baseball deal and they are trying to regain momentum and pick up more Basketball and collegiate football matches.

I would see Comcast (parent company of NBC) being a better suitor for acquiring Fuel since they are so diverse.

Valued Contributor

@telcodad wrote:

@GaryNSJersey wrote:

BTW, we're not alone, as it looks like AT&T U-verse customers are also having an issue with receiving Fox Sports programing now:

AT&T U-Verse Loses Fox Sports 1 Games

By Phillip Swann, TVPredictions.com – March 2, 2015

http://www.tvpredictions.com/fox030215.htm

An article on the Multichannel News site today about this AT&T/Fox "disagreement" over FS1:

Fox, AT&T At Loggerheads Over FS1 Action
U-Verse Customers Will Miss NASCAR, College Hoops Contests
By Mike Farrell, Multichannel News - March 5, 2015

http://www.multichannel.com/news/telco-tv/fox-att-loggerheads-over-fs1-games/388543

New Poster

in Harrisburg Pa, why isnt FS2 available ??????????

in Harrisburg PA why isnt FS2 available ??

New Poster

Why doesn't Comcast have a channel for Fox Sports 2,  I am missing a lot of Nascar racing and practices and other sports.  What is the problem, it must be money, right.

Regular Visitor

Fos Sports 2

I would like to know why Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2?

Cathy Hoffman

New Poster

Please add Fox Sports 2 to your line up.. I have the sports line up BUT no Fox Sports 2.. I'm a Nascar Fan and can not watch some of my shows.. Come on COMCAST do you not have enough money COMCAST!!! maybe you should watch youtube ( Comcast doesnt give a F%$^ about you) 

Frequent Visitor

Dear XFINITY, Please consider adding FOX Sports 2 to your basic/poor peoples package. I cant watch the XFINITY NASCAR Series on my XFINITY TV. Thank You very much!

New Poster

Re: Fos Sports 2

Yes when.....

Had thought since they now sponsored Nascar we would get to see all the events..... but some are on Fox sports 2

New Poster

Seriously Comcast...I'm a Comcast subscriber, I want to see the NASCAR races. Xfinity is one of the named Series for the next 10 years, and we can't watch practice, qualifying or racing, in both the Sprint and XFINITY series...on Xfinity? I might have to move over to Fios if you can't provide the channels that your subscribers want to see.

New Poster

Cable Channels

How come our cable bill keeps going up, but the stations are getting less. We have Fox Sports 1, but for some unknown reason we do not have Fox Sports 2.  I pay enough every month, and am starting to think I need to change cable companies. We have be customers of Comcast for 35 years, and the service is getting less and less.

New Poster

I am upset at this moment because I cannot watch Cup Qualifying because Comcast will not carry Fox Sports 2.  I don't understand why we can't have this channel.  As a NASCAR fan I am very unhappy about this!!!!!

New Poster

If comcast don't get FS2 channel soon I will be shopping for another cable provider. Thought I did have the best cable/internet provider with comcast. I clearly don't as I missed Nascar qualifying today.

New Poster

Shame Nascar is gonna lose viewers because of its sponsor's refusal to air their programming. Awesome business decisions on both sides.

Bronze Problem Solver

I have Fox Sports 2 SD here in Eastern Mass on the Digital Preferred tier.  I think it depends on your location.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Cable Channels

I have Fox Sports 2 SD here in Eastern Mass on the Digital Preferred tier.  I think it depends on your location.

Contributor

manamok; You on Comcast?

New Poster

I want Fox Sports 2 as well on, "Xfinity".

I think that since Xfinity is sponsoring a NASCAR series, their coverage of NASCAR as a whole should be better.

Not having qualifying on Friday night available on Comcast, considering what I pay in one month for their service is ridiculous.

An option would be to get rid of Al Jazeera America.

Frequent Visitor

For the record. I found FS2 on channel 111 SD, but when I switched to it there was a message that I had to subscribe to a higher costlier package.

New Poster

Found the same thing. Anyway to make you pay more. Wish NASCAR would go back to broadcast. I'd get rid of cable in heartbeat

@robra13 wrote:

For the record. I found FS2 on channel 111 SD, but when I switched to it there was a message that I had to subscribe to a higher costlier package.

Bronze Problem Solver

@SpeedBuggy wrote:

manamok; You on Comcast?

Yes - been on Comcast for many years.

Contributor

I checked channels 111 and 112 and neither of them are Fox Sports 2.  The MotoGP season starts this weekend and it is on Fox Sports 2.  Normally it is on Fox Sports 1 but NASCAR is being shown on that channel and regular Fox according to my guide.  Why can't I get Fox Sports 2?  When will it be added?

Highlighted
New Poster

It's unbelivable to me that in a huge tv market like the bay area thay foxsports2/fuel TV is not available!!

I am very dismayed that Motogp is not on live for the first event of the 2015 season.

FYI each event, in motogp, is watched by more than 100 million people world wide... tremendouse opportunity for growth iin the us.

New Poster

AGREED!  We pay a premium to have Comcast here in a major market like the Bay Area and years after this thread started we STILL don't have Fox Sports 2!  

We are missing out on a whole ton of live racing (and really, what is the point of replayed races in the Internet age when you can't avoid spoilers in the news or social media) including MotoGP now.  Disgraceful.  Ugh!

I've been a full-blown Triple-Play customer for many years, but now...it may be high time to consider the burgeoning Cord Cutting movement!

New Poster

I'm hacked off too!  Verizon is beating on the door and it's time to give them a look. There is no way I am missing motogp.

New Poster

FOX Sports 2

I am so sick of missing out of sports events because Comcast don't carry Fox Sports 2. Due to a poor decision moving house, I lost access to a satellite signal and hence lost my DirecTV. Rest assured I shall be migrating back as soon as possible as I am so sick of missing stuff on Fox Sports 2.

New Poster

I'm a huge NASCAR fan and I live in So. Md. We miss a lot of NASCAR coverage due to the fact that Fox Sports 2 is unavalible my area. When Fox Sports 1 took over for Speed less then a week later at the bottom of the screen on my tevelevision a message appeared stating that "If you already recieve Fox Sports 1 you will recieve Fox Sports 2 at no additional charge". I have Fox Sports 1 and I'm still waiting for Fox Sports 2. I really hope Comcast does something about the situation because you are the titled sponsor of the Nascar Xfinity Series and some of your customers won't be able to see part of the Nascar coverage, that to me doesn't look good on Comcast being a cable provider.  One Frustrated Customer !

New Poster

Come on.... 20 pages and 2 years of posts. Flip the switch already!!! Give us Fox Sports 2! I'm missing a ton of racing and soccer.

New Poster

Have you considered Comcast in giving us Fox Sports 2?  Now I hear that the WEC FIA is coming to FS2.  And, even Motors TV will be available to cable companies.  PLEASE Comcast we need some good auto racing and I don't mean  Nascar!

New Poster

Hey Comcast - I Just switched to Direct TV. I suggest everybody on the thread do the same!!! Now I can watch all the racing I want..