Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Official Employee

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

@Arsenal365 wrote:

I am going to keep my posting simple and to the point:

Can I get FOX SPORTS 2 here in the San Francisco Bay Area, please???

Unfortunately, I don’t have any new news to reports since my previous posts in this thread.

I did confirm with our Programming and Content Acquisition teams and there are no additional areas currently planned or scheduled to get Fox Sports 2 at this time.

As stated a few times in this thread, the Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along your collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

Costs and customer feedback have a lot to do with any programming decision. Generally in addition to per subscriber fees, there are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could we use that bandwidth for). This is no different than most other businesses who evaluate their costs and potential customer impacts.

In regards to posts that are removed... I (or other Forum moderators) usually leave a reason when a post is moved or removed, usually due to a violation of the Forum Posting Guidelines:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Most business contact negotiations are confidential. Once Comcast and Fox have additional information to share, we certainly will.

The collective feedback and passion have been noted. Thanks for both.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Ted, where can customers provide feedback?

Is there somewhere non forum related for us to voice our requests?

Or, is this pretty much the place?

Contributor

Its time everyone moved over to Directv.They have all the channels everyone onthis forum are wanting.If you talk real nice to them,you can get a good deal, don't look like any good deals here. Sorry Ted you too may want to move on too!

Frequent Visitor

Come on Ted,

These threads regarding Comcast getting Fox Sports 2 and broadcasting BeIN in HD are nearly endless. It's time Comcast management started listening to it's subscribers. No disrespect intended for those loyal viewers of the  so many "fringe channels" Comcast offers, but most get far fewer viewers than those posting their frustration with not getting Fox Sports 2 and BeIN  in HD. Comcast has to be more sensitive to their viewers wishes than is being displayed here.

New Poster

I agree, its about time people start considering DirectTV. We are! Tired of the same run around about channels being added at a certain date when clearly the will not be, COMCAST TEDS not giving any useful information whatsoever, or COMCAST always playing catch up to other providers in their channel line up. This is getting to the point where it is just not worth it anymore. 

New Poster

Fox Sports 2

When will Xfinity add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup since they are now a NASCAR major sponsor?

New Poster

NASCAR fans are not the only motorsports fans missing events that are broadcast on FS2. The TUDOR sports car series and the World Endurance Championship sports car series are both running this weekend at The Circuit of the Americas in Austin Texas, and only being broadcast on FS2. Two internationally popular sports car series, with events scheduled at a great track in the United States on the same weekend, and Comcast subscribers didn't get to see any of it!

FAIL!!

Contributor

Comca

@ComcastTeds wrote:

Unfortunately, I don’t have any new news to reports since my previous posts in this thread.

Costs and customer feedback have a lot to do with any programming decision. Generally in addition to per subscriber fees, there are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could we use that bandwidth for). This is no different than most other businesses who evaluate their costs and potential customer impacts.

The collective feedback and passion have been noted. Thanks for both.

With all dure respect Ted, how can we believe that costs and customer feedback have a lot to do with programming decision at Comcast? When we the customers voice are demands and instead of statisfying them, we are constantly being offered channels that as far as we know very few (or close to zero) customers are asking for? FXX? duplicate channels everywhere? countless channels where most of their programming are infomercials? I am sure there were not 5 customers asking for those pointless channels. Yet here we are forced to pay for them. But demand that channels with content we want be added and Comcast make it sounds like it would be like pulling teeth. The whole we don't want to charge you more is a joke. No need to keep bringing that up because for many of us, that's insulting our intelligence. I appreciate that you come to give us updates on what channels may or may not be added soon.

Thank you!

New Poster

We're getting screwed again next month when the Supercross from Las Vegas is being shown live on 2 and leaves 1 to have a replay the next day. Comcast truly SUCKS!!
New Poster

Just talked to Comcast. Use this URL to request Fox Sports 2! Takes an army (per se') apparently vs. them actually caring Smiley Happy. Fill it out please! I just did!

https://survey.foreseeresults.com/survey/display?sid=feedbackTV-en&cid=R9RRtJoQ98EENQoRBJ0Mhg==&patt...

Contributor

I filled out the form, but don't hold out much hope for action. I always wonder what the "magic" number of requests are. I don't think the know.
New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2

THEY NEED TO GET THIS FOR ALL THE SPORTS FANS IN JACKSONVILLE FL

New Poster

WHEN

Contributor

Contributor

From the article:

Neil Smit, CEO of the cable unit of Comcast Corp., named a new senior vice president of customer experience, reporting directly to him. He vowed to put customers "at the center of every decision we make."

OK, how about starting with adding Fox Sports 2 that was promised in the press release back in Aug. of 2013?  That might be a good start......

I won't hold my breath.

New Poster

I don't watch NASCAR or other racing events, but I am however, a Liverpool football (soccer) fan. Tomorrow, and throughout the champions league (the premeir tournemant for all of club football) Liverpool have been broadcast on Fox Sports 2. Like the rest of you, I am incredibly dissapointed to not have this programming. I heard a promise about a month ago that we would be getting Fox Sports 2, but still nothing. Not good business to be jerking your customers around. I guess Comcast has made it this far while being a terrible customer service business, so it doesnt surprise me. I was just hoping just this once you all would deliver... you didn't.

I will be shopping for a new cable provider due to this, but also based on the service we have received in the past. Good luck to all of you commenters who are waiting this out. I think it might be time to jump ship.

New Poster

What channel is fox sports 2
Frequent Visitor

Once again Comcast has failed to aid their customers. High paying customers. I am waiting for the UFC Prelims and the MLB playoffs are running late and that is fine. My problem is Fox is running a scoll telling its viewers that the UFC can be seen on FS2. Unless you are a Comcast chump like myself you will be watching the programming you PAID for.

Bronze Problem Solver

@Louisetoro wrote:
What channel is fox sports 2

Here in Eastern Mass FS2 is on channel 177.

Most Valued Poster

I have to agree. Comcast has to add Fox Sports 2 to all of their systems. Either Fox or Comcast was swamped with calls on Saturday night for this ufc fight because they ended up having to put the fight on the FX channel.
Bronze Problem Solver

@tstack wrote:
I have to agree. Comcast has to add Fox Sports 2 to all of their systems. Either Fox or Comcast was swamped with calls on Saturday night for this ufc fight because they ended up having to put the fight on the FX channel.

True - except those of us who weren't watching the baseball game thought everything was okay with our recording.  Then when we went to watch the prelims and the main event we found out we missed both.  Hopefully FS1 will reshow the whole event soon.

New Poster

For the soccer fans out there especially The US Women's Team..

FIFA has given the Women's World Cup  tv rights to fox insted of ESPN.

Why?  I assume greed and money.

Without FS2 we will miss at least half of the games.

Highlighted
New Poster

no fox 2,means no nascar raceday,worse than that, thought i had abc,i do have it.it's abc family! no race tonght,let nascar know what you want .

New Poster

I just switched to xfinity TV a week ago. I am a racing and MMA fan and am extremely disappointed that Fox Sports 2 is not available. I am stunned that Comcast doesn’t carry this major sports channel. Is Comcast that far behind all of the other TV providers? 

I may need to switch another provider if this channel is not added to the channel lineup in the very near future. It is a good thing that Comcast has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee that will allow me to switch to another provider that has all of the major sporting channels available.

The worst part is I was told that this channel was available when I made switched to Comcast!

Regular Contributor

@xrtwisted wrote:

I just switched to xfinity TV a week ago. I am a racing and MMA fan and am extremely disappointed that Fox Sports 2 is not available. I am stunned that Comcast doesn’t carry this major sports channel. Is Comcast that far behind all of the other TV providers? 

I may need to switch another provider if this channel is not added to the channel lineup in the very near future. It is a good thing that Comcast has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee that will allow me to switch to another provider that has all of the major sporting channels available.

The worst part is I was told that this channel was available when I made switched to Comcast!

By all means switch. If more customers would do this, MAYBE Comcast would get the message. I cannot switch "right now" as I'm in a 2 year "promotion" and they will bang me for the $250 we got up front. BUT you can bet your "sweet roll BUNS" that I'm moving on when the contract is over. I'll beat them up for a good price on VOIP & Internet & take the Television to another provider.

Contributor

I wouldn't hold your breath. COMCAST's own press release from August 2013 stated that Fox Sports 1 AND Fox Sports 2 were coming since SREED Channel was going away. Here we are over a year later and we still don't have Fox sports 2.

What is really crazy is Xfinity is sponsoring the nationwide NASCAR race next year. Some of the qualifying and practice events are always on Fox sports 2. So here they're going to be the sponsor for the second largest NASCAR series and we won't even be able to see it because hey don't carry the channel.
Valued Contributor

Maybe next year?

Xfinity has bold plans in NASCAR coverage
By DAN GELSTON, AP - October 15, 2014

"One speed bump: Xfinity does not carry Fox Sports 2 on its cable systems, which the company hoped to have straightened out in time for 2015."

New Poster

Fox sports 2 in Seattle or I will change to direct tv I am sick of not seeing supercross live when it is on Fox sports 2
Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Post removed for forum policy violations, nanny filter. Read the forum guidelines and keep it clean.

Regular Contributor

I may stand corrected on this BUT I believe Fox has an ongoing contract for the Nationwide Series, which next year will be the Xfinity Series? Interesting to see this weeks Nationwide Qualifying will be on FS-2 !!!  Just will prove interesting to see what Comcast does about that little "problem" in 2015!!!

Frequent Visitor

Any updates on getting Fox Sports 2?

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

I cant believe that i pay 200 a month and dont have fox sports 2 to watch final sprint cup practice today!!!!!

This is BS,i guess ill have to go watch it at my moms house she has directv and i KNOW they have it and she only pays 100mo

Very dissapointed,had i known this i would'nt have switched in the first place!!!

Guess i will have togoback to sat

Regular Contributor

@ComcastTeds wrote:
Moved to X1 section

Here is my post (minus the side note)  that resulted in the complete post being Deleted/Moved by my friend Mr. Ted who didn't like my side note about Beta trials.

If you have an interest just click on the linl in my last post.

In 20/20 hind sight it appears that the original scheduling that was posted for TV coverage here in Florida was changed at the last minute. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, wonder what that was all about??? Did any of you see the same thing? I usually set my recording of Sprint & Nationwide on Wed. when the channel line up comes out in the local rag & it was then that I saw the major events being on FS2. Come Friday they had been changed. Ya think?

Mr. Ted, as we say in the Ham Radio Community "Good luck in the contest Ole Man".

"

@B1M3X8 wrote:

Any updates on getting Fox Sports 2?

No!!! BUT I'll give you an update on FS2 coverage this week. IF you happen to not be blessed from Comcast with FS2, you'll miss Nationwide Qualifying, SOME Sprint practice, & to top things of, you ALSO will not see Sprint Cup Qualifying!!! Don't you just LOVE the GREAT service we get from Comcast. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

That was message #874 that Mr. Ted didn't like.

Frequent Visitor

I'm sure they don't like any of our opinions, however well written they may be. 

If Comcast does not decide to provide my area with Fox Sports 2 by the next UFC on Fox event, as they promised, I'm jumping ship. TV, phones, internet - all of it.

New Poster

Same here. I live about a half hour from Villanova.  First Men's basketball game of season today.  Game on Fox Sports 2.  Can't see it.  Thanks Comcast.

New Poster

I got the sports package to watch college basketball - now I find that there is no Fox Sports 2 - I guess I thought it was so obvious that it should be there that I didn't check in advance - now looking for a new carrier

Frequent Visitor

Well,

When the Supercross Season Starts in January, if Fox Sports 2 is not avialble on Comcast, I am jumping ship and going to one of the other providers...  End of discussion - I have waited over a yeat for Comcast to keep itspromise, and I am at the end of that wait.   They get a big huge fail.

Regular Visitor

Fox Sports has a mobile app called Fox Sports Mobile.  You download the app to your cell phone or tablet and log in to the Fox Sports Mobile site using your Xfinity credentials.  That allows you to see much of the Fox Sports 2 content.  I access it for college basketball but I beleive they also offer some auto races as well.  Good luck.

Regular Contributor

I see what they did.  Before you sign in to FOX SPORTS GO, it lists whats on FOX SPORTS 1 & FOX SPORTS 2.  As soon as you sign in, any listing for FOX SPORTS 2 goes away, assuming you don't have FS2 on your cable line up.  Instead, more programing shows up under the channel "FOX SPORTS GO".  That may be how you can see FS2 content.  I haven't tried it out, as there is nothing I care to watch right now.

Frequent Visitor

Just tried it as well after seeing the post about FOX's mobile app. As soon as you log in FS2 dissappears.
New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2 Northern CA/Bay Area

So Dish, Direct TV and U-verse offer Fox Sports 2 and Comcast that gets over $200.00 of our money every month does not offer the channel that is televising the Big Game today.  Comcast, please mention this the next time you are doing those anti-Uverse commercials that your customers in the Bay Area could not watch the Big Game because you don't carry a channel that all of your competitors do.

Fox is to blame for this too.  I would rather watch paint dry than Kansas at Oklahoma after a rain delay because the Big12 players were worried their skirts would get wet.

Figure out Comcast, you cannot be without a contengency plan for the Big Game in the Bay Area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

Boy, Fox sports sure know how to irritate the San Francisco Bay area.  The Cal-Stanford game, an important local tradition, was bumped from Fox Sports 1 for an Oklahoma game - not a tradition for the 5 million people who live in the Bay Area) - and moved to Fox Sports 2, a channel not covered even by my pretty extensive Comcast Xfinity contract.  

These all leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. It will come back every time I think of Fox Sports.

Yours, Homer 

San Francisco

New Poster

Agreed!!!!  I cannot believe they moved the big game to this channel and contnue to show a blowout game and we can't access FS2 in the Bay Area on Comcast.  Come on Comcast!!!!

Contributor

And these guys are going to sponsor the former Bucsh/ Nationwide Series? This forum is useless. They don't give a rat hinny what we want. This FoX2 forum is one of the most active. MAVTV is also highly requested. But channels we haven't even heard of are instead added, and of course we pay for. We also pay for software updates that aren't properly tested and we suffer through the bugs and defects. And we pay for it.
Regular Contributor

@SpeedBuggy wrote:
And these guys are going to sponsor the former Bucsh/ Nationwide Series? This forum is useless. They don't give a rat hinny what we want. This FoX2 forum is one of the most active. MAVTV is also highly requested. But channels we haven't even heard of are instead added, and of course we pay for. We also pay for software updates that aren't properly tested and we suffer through the bugs and defects. And we pay for it.

SpeedBuggy, be careful about talking about bugs, defects & Beta problems!!! Uncle Ted will move your post!!!!

Meanwhile, back on the ranch, we take our beatings while these 2 children (Fox & Comcast) play the power game with the customers as "Cannon Fodder"!!! Our ONLY hope is that with the NASCAR sponsorship, Comcast may just be left with no choice but to carry FS2 OR  I'm lead to believe, they just might make a power play with NASCAR to remove Fox as a carrier of the events. It will prove interesting just how they propose to break the Fox Sports contract?????  2015 will prove interesting!!!

New Poster

I just sent a request that you get Fox Sports 2, when I wanted to see the Big Game.  But now that I think about it, I've changed my mind, & I don't care whether you get it or not.  There's not enough on Fox Sports 2 to bother, and I'd just as soon as have Fox have less channels after the lousy coverage they did with the World Series.

Contributor

Re: Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)?

@Ojr12 wrote:
Ch. 741 is FS2 in florida. Check your 700 suite of channels.

Yes, but as usual it's an SD feed - COMCAST hs zero commitment to HD...

U-Verse for me...

And who came up with the chanel number assigments?  A dyslexic?  Plagiarize U-Verse's outstanding, thoughtful, easy to figure channel numbering system please!

New Poster

When we signed up for Comcast Triple Play, you stated in writing on your website that you would be adding FS2.  You were lying.  We are soccer fans, we will be switching to DirecTV because:

1.  No FS 2

2.  ESPNdesporte, BEin, and ESPN classic are all in low resolution

3.  You don't carry ESPNU at all

We can correct all of these by switching to DirecTV, and save money to boot.

And on top of it all, you don't even provide an email address to voice complaints.  Even DirecTV provides an email address, and in my experience actually answers seriious questions with serious respones.

Adios, Comcast