Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

@cousinspub wrote:

COMCAST WE NEED FOX SPORTS 2 ADDED TO THE LINE UP!!!!!

OR ITS BACK TO DIRECT TV FOR US!!

Unfortunately, I think it's probably gonna be back to Direct TV for you.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Fox Sports 2

Speed Chanel is gone. Bought by fox sports.
New Poster

Not entirely sure why you posted that here and now.

Frequent Visitor

JUST KICKING A DEAD HORSE HERE. Time to switch providers.Foxsports2 and MAV TV are both on Direct Tv

Bronze Problem Solver

@nascar-1 wrote:

JUST KICKING A DEAD HORSE HERE. Time to switch providers.Foxsports2 and MAV TV are both on Direct Tv

FS2 is on Comcast also - just not in every location.  Might be the same for Direct TV.

Contributor

you would think Comcast would want to keep the customers happy by giving them FS2 so when AT&T buys out DirecTV they won;t lose as many customers

Bronze Problem Solver

I have FS2 as a SD channel here in Eastern Mass.  I don't know what percentage of Comcast customers currently have FS2 - might be 95% might be 5%.  

This would probably be an important statistic to know if you're trying to determine how important it is for Comcast to keep those without FS2 happy.  Of course whatever the percentage without is - you would still need to know what part of that group would want FS2 and what part would prefer something else.

New Poster

I guess i'll be calling Direct TV for FS2.  

Contributor

I see that part of the 24 hours of Le Mans race is on Fox Sports 2. I guess will be missing that too since Comcast can't seem to get their act together. it's been almost a year since they promised we'd have Fox Sports 2 and yet we still don't have it.
New Poster

I'm also unhappy with not  having access to the Fox Sports 2 coverage for Le Mans.  The Fox Sports coverage page says the entire race will be streamed on Fox Sports Go but when you open the Go App the only channel choice is FS1 since you authorize through your cable provider.  Sucks, really, really sucks. Probably will have to pay some $ to watch it on the WEC streaming coverage.

I can't believe I pay as much as I do for cable and have to put up with this.  What a scam.

New Poster

Fox sports 2

Does anyone know if Comcast offers Fox Sports 2 in the Atlanta area?  I called Comcast, the less than competent agent said yes they do but it is in the sports package (which i already have), and I said I don't think so...are you sure?  He said yes...I asked if the website had a list of what is included in the sports package, he said yes.  Can't find it.  So, a simple question: is it even offered by Comcast?  I see a lot of forum postings indicating that it is not...but many of those postings were 2013 so I am wondering if they added it...if so, how do you get it?  Is it part of another "package"?  The reason this is particularly annoying is that Fox sports 1 is covering the 24 Hours of Le Mans this weekend, but in an incredibly frustrating move they are stopping their coverage at 7:30 AM Sunday, 90 minutes from the end of the race!!! A friend tells me that the finish is on Fox Sports 2...There are going to be a LOT of unhappy Comcast customers...but then that would just be another day as a Comcast customer, wouldn't it?  This company has got to have the WORST customer service I have ever encountered in my life.  Poor website, incompetent call center reps, confusing billing which can take MONTHS to get right...you name it, whatever they can do to make your life miserable, they do it!

Regular Contributor

This is getting beyond frustrating trying to watch the LeMans 24 via FOX GO streaming. It keeps cutting off, then I have to sign in all over, watch the stupid Chrysler add, then five minutes later do it all over again. They say there will be live streaming for the whole race. I wouldn't have to resort to this if COMCAST would offer what it's customers want, instead of offering up excuses and corporate double talk. It's been almost a year now. Time to end this "piscine" match with FOX and provide for your customers. We don't want AlJazeera. We don't want 90 percent of the channels you make us pay for so we can watch the ten percent we want. What is beyond understanding is that COMCAST finds it so difficult to add FOX SPORTS 2, when they add and drop channels all the time.
Regular Contributor

markdartj you are exactly right on with tha comment. This is obviously are place for venting but no action and' thanks for your comments' diatribe via ComcastTeds. When my subscription expires for the package I have currently I will go DirectTv unless something changes here, doubtful that happens though.
Another unsatisfied customer, hear me now COMCAST?!!!
Regular Contributor

As I thought would happen, did. If you don't have FS2, no live streaming until after baseball and NASCAR, despite what was advertised. Go to 24hours-LeMans.com, download the app, pay for live race. $11.00 for whole race, no commercials, and commentary from radioLeMans.com. Well worth it. Monday I'll be calling Comcast to cancel some services. Happy Fathers Day, Dads. I'm done with Comcast and Fox Sports.
Frequent Visitor

Good grief Comcast!    I watch most of the 24 Hours of Lemans on Fox Sports 1.   They move the finish to Fox Sports 2 - so, guess what?   I don't get to watch the last hour!!!   Comcast's lack of customer support is truely legendary.   It takes the likes of United Airlines to truely rival Comcast as The Worst.

New Poster

How about blaming Fox Sports for the obvious and cheap trick to force cable networks, already overloaded with some of their channels, to carry yet another Fox channel.  Way to go Fox.  Incredibly classless.  Oh how I miss SPEED.

Regular Contributor

You are right about FOX's culpability in this. What they essentially did was take one channel (SPEED) that really didn't have enough resources to fill up a full time lineup, hence all the crappy reality show re-runs, and split it into two channels, while expecting the providers to pay for both. COMCAST refuses to budge on this. So what FOX has now are two networks which still do not even have enough programming to keep one network going. So we get a lot of FOX sports live re-runs, along with a network that millions of potential viewers cannot even see. What Fox then does is sir up the pot a little bit, by for instance putting the last hour (or "heuer") of the biggest race in the world on FS2, hoping enough pressure will be put on COMCAST to give in. Doesn't look like that is going to happen. By cancelling the Sports & Entertainment package, One can save enough over a year to pay for streaming packages offered by the promoters of the races. I was able to watch 24 hours of Le Mans from start to finish, wIthout advertisement breaks, for $11.00. I've also paid around $30.00 for the whole season of Australia's V-8 Supercars, also without adds. they also offer archived races so if I miss a live stream, I can go back and watch a race, or Quali session start to finish. Much better than the edited to fit in an hour version which we used to get on SPEED, which were full of add breaks. Velocity is now my "go to" station for petrol head programming. Most racing series can also be found on You-Tube, even complete races. If you spend $30.00 on Chromecast, you can watch on your flat screen TV. Let's face it, Fox sports 2 is irrelevant. I see more racing now than when SPEED was around. I don't even watch Fox Sports 1. If it weren't for COMAST's unparalleled internet service, and HBO GO, I would cut the cord all together. Take a look out there and see all what there is on offer.
Contributor

Regular Contributor

Fox Sports 2 is actually something I really want to see added - and if it won't be coming from Comcast I'll go esewhere.   The frustrating part is having hundreds of channels offering various music, sports,  foreign language and other programming.  I only watch motorsports on the sports channels.  But to get velocity and Fox Sports (for the motor racing) I must subscribe and pay for channels I do not watch and do not want to support - like al jerreza.  IMO channels like MTV would see viewership plummet if people could choose to have it & it's often offensive videos and language in their homes.

So we are force fed programming we do not want but if we actually want a specific channel like FS2 or Blaze, we are ignored!   Comcast needs to remove their political motives from programming if they want to keep a lot of customers who are few up with it.

Tags (2)
Regular Contributor

@l_turn9 wrote:

Fox Sports 2 is actually something I really want to see added - and if it won't be coming from Comcast I'll go esewhere.   The frustrating part is having hundreds of channels offering various

Go read my post (#701) & it pretty much sums up Comcast.

Regular Visitor

Re: Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)?

Does Comcast ever add any channels?  Serously, when is the last time they had a serious nationwide roll out of new channels? 

Frequent Visitor

Your Comcast Guarantee # 6 & 7 states you will address problems quickly and you will provide the "Best" & "Most" video choices. Though mergers and your last few Chanel realignments I have lost a considerable amount of my choices. I have seen what appears to be unmonitored forms with thousands of angry/disappointed customers asking for the same things.
What i wan't to know is when your going to live up to your guarantee and provide the following programming, FS2, MAVTV, and BEIN?
Regular Visitor

I've grown diappointed in the Comcast services.   The brand is not fresh, the competition, although smaller has bypassed them in quality and quantity of services. 

Regular Contributor

You will soon be treated to the same kiind of exciting motor racing programming that we have on FS1 (Formerly Speed).  Today, Jul27, we have Cliff Diving, Skateboarding, soccer, MLB, etc, etc.   These are all fine sports but IMO they have nothing to do with motor racing.   I used to wake up, to Speed and it would stay on that channel all day.  Now I seldom see it.    But it appears no one at the networks want to hear what the people paying for their service want.   Because they keep doing the same thing again and again.

Regular Contributor

Re: Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)?

@Lasalle123 wrote:

Does Comcast ever add any channels?  Serously, when is the last time they had a serious nationwide roll out of new channels? 

I'd be happy if they woud remove some channels!  AlHJerreza?  does anyone watch it?  Personally, I could live without the numerous variation of MTV, VH1 and all the country music channels - I took Comcasts channel listing a while back and marked the ones I watch even once in a while - out of several hundred channels, I watch 30.  It is no longer worth it to me.  I am either going to directTV, Dish or probably the best choice at all - nothing at all.   After all, I can get the racing I want from internet sources....

Regular Contributor

I feel the same way.  the 24 Hr of Le Mans is the only race i really watch from beginning to end.  Speed used to offer the whole wonderful race!  I was also unable to watch the whole race and am very disappointed.   No wonder people say such bad things about Comcasts Customer Support!

@motocrossman wrote:

Good grief Comcast!    I watch most of the 24 Hours of Lemans on Fox Sports 1.   They move the finish to Fox Sports 2 - so, guess what?   I don't get to watch the last hour!!!   Comcast's lack of customer support is truely legendary.   It takes the likes of United Airlines to truely rival Comcast as The Worst.

New Poster

Because Fox is, you know, totally blameless in this standoff. Right?

Frequent Visitor

Even though originally I placed all blame on Comcast for this BS, I have done enough research to now realize that Fox is more too blame then Comcast.  With this said however, I still believe that Comcast could do more to help it's customers get FS2 if indeed it wanted too.

Regular Contributor

So who decides which networks will be included in the Comcast Packages?  i would have thought it would be Comcast,

but you  make it sound otherwise.  Do the Networks ask to be included or excluded from different package levels?   It is hard to believe that would happen but strange things happen at times...

@seau wrote:

Even though originally I placed all blame on Comcast for this BS, I have done enough research to now realize that Fox is more too blame then Comcast.  With this said however, I still believe that Comcast could do more to help it's customers get FS2 if indeed it wanted too.

Regular Contributor

@lambertman wrote:

Because Fox is, you know, totally blameless in this standoff. Right?

Kindly show me the difference between Fox & ESPN? Or any other "network" that is attempting to broaden their customer base. The problem as I see it  has 0% to do with "any" network & more to do with Comcast listening or in this case, not listening to their customers wishes and so acting on them.  Comcast Cable has the poorest customer relations numbers in the whole USA of any and all providers.  They have a customer confidence % that is lower then what Congress has!!!  The worst Airline out there has better numbers then Comcast has. Here's what will NOT happen, but I submit that it would cure the problem we are talking about here on this thread. Have a basic service charge, for the network channels and after that ALL channels are ala carte! Pay for what you want! This will not happen, as these "Packages" & "Stacking" of packages is how cable companies are making huge profits for their share holders. Example being: In my area to watch NASCAR, you have to get every package there is, as Comcast puts NASCAR in the top teer. Gee I wonder why they do that???????? REALLY!!

Regular Contributor

It would be nice to have A la Carte, but the price would probably go way up.  The providers purchase programming in bundles.  In other words, if you want to have HGTV, then you also have to puchase Lifetime, etc etc etc.  The providers then pass that bundle on to us.  In some cases, such as all of the home shopping networks, they actually pay Comcast to be included.  That helps to keep the overall price down.  Or so Comcast says.  Generally, anything that FOX carries, they all have to be included in the offerings, explaining why FXX is in the Sports/Entertainment package.  With Fox Sports 2, what FOX has done has taken one channel, SPEED, and split it into two channels, FS1 and FS2, hoping to make twice as much money.  FOX, in their delusion of grandure, thinks their product can compete with ESPN1 & 2.  So far, their efforts are worthless.  Comcast doesn't want to pay for the extra channel, FX2, so we don't get it.  As I've said in earlier posts, by getting rid of the Sports Entertainment package, ten dollors a month, I lose three channels.  With the money I save, I can purchace the racing directly from the racing promoters (Aussie V-8 Supercars gives you the whole season, plus all of last year's races, for around $30.00- and that's complete races commercial free; live or replayed)  Same with FIA WEC.  The only reason I wanted FS2 was for the racing coverage.  Now I find most of what I want in packages like above, or for free, a few days later, on YouTube.  Let's be honest here.  SPEED was being gutted by FOX.

Most of what they had was junk reality shows, with low production value.  Have you looked at what is on FS2 now days?  Nothing much they show interests me anyway, so I am out of the fight.  Comcast isn't going to pick up FS2 unless the price comes way down, more in line of what the network is actually worth.  FOX Is going to occaisionally stir the pot, like what they did with the Le Mans 24 hours, by moving the last hour onto FS2.(which I watched commercial free by streaming online, the entire race, for ten dollars; well worth the price).  By screaming at COMCAST, you are being manipulated by FOX.  Good luck in the good fight, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I would love an Al La cart cable system. I would pay more to get exactly what I want, Like FS2

Frequent Visitor

According to the Comcast Rep I just chatted with, Fox Sports 2 will FINALLY be available to customers on 08/26/14. It's about time!

Tags (2)
Regular Contributor

I'll believe it when I see it.
Frequent Visitor

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Regular Contributor

I would have thought it would have been on everyone's bill after the SEC channels were listed, but hey, what do I know.
Regular Contributor

I tried a online chat today to check on the date you got and it was also confirmed that Fox Sports 2 would launch on August 26.

Apparently available in HD as well.

Regular Contributor

I just spent 45 minutes with an online chat agent who was the most obtuse person I've ever encountered.  What area do you live in, and have they announced what channel it will be on?  The agent I had just didn't have a clue.  You would think that if they are adding programming, there would be a memo on their bulletin board for them to see.  She spent 45 minutes and came up with the idea that all I had to to was check on COMCAST's website, where of course there is no mention of Fox Sports 2.  My god, they can be an irritating company sometimes.

Regular Contributor

I live in Naperville - about 45 mins west of Chicago.

She couldn't get me a channel number - wasn't expecting she could, but thought I would ask.

She said an email would be sent out to let everyone know the channel...etc

I could always just have been blowing smoke up my........only time will tell.

Frequent Visitor

I hope it's true! Will we have to pay more to get it? They've added SEC for no extra charge. Just what we need. More football channels! We need a channel only with racing like Speed was! They have them for every other sport!

Regular Contributor

@ grantsa4, lipstick cat, et all.

I tried again today to get a confirmation regarding Fox Sports 2 coming to Xfinity on the 26th of August.

Here is what transpired:
Kao I understand that you want to take advantage of the promotions regarding the Fox Sports 2 to be available on wide areas. And upon double checking our system, we currently do not have a promotions regarding this. I do apologize for the misinformation. No worries I will make a report on this and we will notify you through mail for the updates if we have this promotion. KAO_: So these other "agents" were lying to their clients? KAO_: I'm not interested in "promotions". I just want the channel. I have been waiting for a year now. I don't give a fig about the SEC channel. I live in the Pacific Northwest. Marjorie: I understand that this is a misinformation. But we can not rely if this is a misinformation from our agent since we do not have an update on this from our system and we can not tell if it was a misinformation from our agents since you only see it on the forum. KAO_: OK then, I guess Direct TV, here I come. Thanks for your help.

So it looks like FS2 is still a no go.  I cannot believe they cant look up the forums themselves, and why some agents know about this, but others do.  Either my agent has her head you know where, or your agent was lying to you.  I guess we'll find out on the 26th of August.

Regular Contributor

Mark, I'll try another agent later today and see what happens - thought that since we'd had 2 agents confirm it was launching that we were all set.

Could also just wait until next week and see if it shows up or not.

Frequent Visitor

@markdartj

I would guess that the agent you spoke with was confused, considering she kept calling it a "promotion" not a channel addition.

I'm more inclined to believe the agent I chatted with and the one grantsa4 did, because they both gave us an actual date that it will be available to customers and it was the same date of August 26.

At the time of my chat, this is what I was told:

Margarite > But no worries, we are updating the channel now. And this will be available on the said date. 

Margarite > I can definitely assure you, Fox Sports 2 channel will be available on 08/26/14.

I suppose we will all know for sure next week.

New Poster

I just simply checked Comcast TV Guide for 26th and even 27th of this month.

No sign of any FS2.

Regular Contributor

Like the guide on your cable box? Or online guide? Or tv paper guide (if that still exists)?
Frequent Visitor

@Broni

I tried that last year for FS1 before the launch date and couldn't see it either, so I wouldn't use that as a gage for FS2.

I would think if the channel hasn't been uploaded yet, it won't show it in the guide even for the future date.

We will probably receive an email regarding the lauch of FS2, like we did for FS1.

Regular Contributor

The person I chatted to said an email would be sent out.
Regular Contributor

I just chatted with another person to see if I got the same info again and this time they said it is launching, but they don't know when. It could be the 26th, it could be another day :

Juliet: Upon checking, there is no update yet as to when it will launch.

GRANT I_: hmmm, so not launching next week on the 26th?

Juliet: That is still tentative for now, Grant.

GRANT I_: so it may launch on that date?

Juliet: Yes, that is correct.

GRANT I_: But it may not launch at all?

Juliet: We will indeed launch it

GRANT I_: So it is definitely launching, but you don't know when?

Juliet: That is correct.

GRANT I_: Gotcha

Official Employee

All - apologies for any incorrect information that you may have recently received..

I did confirm with our Programming and Content Acquisition teams and there are no additional areas currently planned or scheduled to get Fox Sports 2 at this time. Thanks for your patience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Surprise, suprise.....  Can't say I didn't see that coming...

Good grief... over a year and still no FOX Sports 2.  Even though their annocuement over a year ago stated it was coming.