Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Official Employee

Re: Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)?

@Denztoi wrote:
ComcastTeds., since this forum isn't resolving the issue at hand, post a link and contact to the appropriate person/department so it can be handled properly instead of wasting everyone's time with your responses please.

The right departments are certainly involved. Thanks for your feedback.  

We certainly realize that anything short of a post that says "Comcast is adding Fox Sports 2 in all areas on this date and your monthly cable bill won't go up" will not be a satisfactory answer for most.

Unfortunately, we don't have an expected date for an announcement for the Fox Sports 2 in additional Comcast areas.

I do know that our programming teams meet regularly with Fox on this and other topics. The conversations are ongoing.

Any possible addition of any new network would also most likely incur additional costs to Comcast that would be passed along to our customers. As mentioned above, those additional costs are one of the factors in considering adding adding any new network.

Generally, new networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs are then spread across all of our customers who have this channel, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or a Sports Package.   

The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along any collective feedback, interests and concerns to our programming teams.

Apologies if I did not state that previously.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

With that being said ComcastTeds, will you kindly request FoxSports2 channel be added to the SF Bayarea, including Fremont California, thank you
Frequent Visitor

Maybe all of us should start raising cain with Fox for creating Fox Sports 2!!!! Seems most of us were pleased when we just had Speed. If they hadn't changed anything we wouldn't be wasting all this time trying to get Comcast to offer FS2 and then when they finally do we may be paying additional money to get it....my Comcast bill is already the most expensive utility bill that I have.

New Poster

Monster Energy Supercross fans that have Comcast want Fox Sports 2 also. Watch it live on Saturday nights. Please check number of viewers you have during Supercross on Fox Sports 1. I think you will find support. sacramento, CA
New Poster

I emailed FOXSports on the link. Asked them to move Supercross to FoxSports1. Should be easy enough.
Regular Visitor

Yo Ted! You are obviously a computer drone. You scan the posted words. Your software spits out pathetic programmed stock answers.  Only a computer could be so cold and unsympathetic as you have been. Put your big person's clothes on and put the FOX SPORTS 2 on in 1080i. There are several channels you could take off that would result in no increase in monthly rates.  There are more people clammering for FOX SPORTS 2 than Al Jazzera, MSNBC, and CNN.  Even a drone can see that there are less than 1,000,000 viewers combined for those channels. FOX SPORTS 2 will easily beat those 3 networks numbers. You are going to want suport from the FCC for your merger with Time Warner. If everyone on this post wrote their senator not supporting this merger, you might not get the monopoly you are looking for!

Regular Contributor

@Gdawg1: Don't be disparaging CNN on this thread. We may all be race fans, but that doesn't mean we are all red staters. As for the FCC, you won't find much sympathy there. If you read the earlier posts, you'd have seen that the head of the FCC, a Mr. Tom Wheeler, was the head of the largest cable industry lobby in Washington. No conflict of interest there, is there? The Federal Trade Commission may have something to say though. ComcastTeds seems to have the answer for everything, doesn't he? Except he won't explain how Comcast is so hard up for money, they can't add one channel everybody wants; yet they have money to buy a whole cable company? That stinks like dead fish in the trunk, doesn't it? I for one don't care if the rates have to go up if they provide FOX SPORTS 2, and I've seen very few people on this thread raise the subject. It's ComcastTeds who seems to be trying to raise the rabble about rate increases. I'd pay more if they gave me what I want. I don't expect to have to pay the same when they take away what I want. Like I said before, It's just one channel for crying out loud. All this talk about meetings and negotiations; Comcast would have saved a ton of money if they had just added it six months ago.
Regular Visitor

Hey ComcastTeds

Regular Contributor

@Spiderbaggins: Send your email to : ecare@comcast.com. You'll get a bunch of empathetic, but insincere and non-committal corporate speak, but they say they will send your request onward, oh, and by the way, you get a number- not sure what good it does, I guess they can use it to screen out duplicate requests. Good luck
Regular Contributor

And ComcastTeds, I would like Bein and MavTv also added along with Foxsports 2 to the Fremont Calif. Bay Area channel lineup. Since I am already a loyal and preferred customer no raise to my cable bill is necessary, I'm on the highest paying tier ...for now the X1 system that always needs resetting every week or so.
Regular Contributor

X1, NOW there is another bag of worms!!!! Released WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to early in it's life. I assume this would be another subject on another thread? Comcast employees (not all) have had X2 for a length of time already. Story is that X3 is already in Beta.

Regular Contributor

Yeah of cours but only in select markets and more than likely updated by firmware. However I still need and want Foxsports 2 , Bein and MavTv. Get it done ComcastTeds
Frequent Visitor

Here is a suggestion to people who want Fox Sports 2...

Drop Comcast and get Dish or DirecTV - Both have Fox Sports 2 avialble.     That is what I am going to do soon.  I am getting Dish becasue it also carries the Pac-12 Network (I am on the West Coast).  DirecTV doesn't have the Pac-12 Network.

If Comcast wants to promise one thing, as they did back in August 2013 (6 months ago), but not deliver, then just take your money elsewhere.  

Reference;  http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/sports/2013/08/15/are-you-ready-for-fox-sports-1-and-2/

In case anyone doesn't want to read the link above, here is the first line from the August 15th Announcement:

"XFINITY customers: FOX Sports 1 and 2, the newest sports networks from FOX, are headed your way."

Further, instead of complaining here, complain to the FCC - let them know that Comcast hasn't met your expectations and that you don't feel that allowing them to merge with other companies will not be beneficial to customers.  Let the FCC know that a merger with Time Warner will only allow a bigger, more powerful, company to provide poor service to a larger population of customers. 

Frequent Visitor

One poster - ken(with some numbers) said:

"Directv has a better deal then Dish,and has all the channels you will ever want"

Just Note:  DirecTV does NOT carry the Pac-12 network - Basically the same issue as Comcast not having FOX SPORTS 2...

Some people might want to watch Pac-12 Sports, after all the Pac 12 is the "Conference of Champions" - having more NCAA titles than any other conference. The Pac 12 includes UCLA - the school with more NCAA titles than any other school in the nation... 

Just posting so the a Comcast customer who likes the Pac12 "Won't jump out of the Comcast Frying Pan and into the DirectTV Fire!"

For some, DirecTV may be a great solution, espicially for the NFL Footbal Fan!

New Poster

It is nonsense that i pay for the sports package, yet do not get 3 sports channels:  Fox Sports 2, Fox Deportes, and ESPN Deportes.

I'm sure this post will fall on deaf ears, but i will go back to FIOS in a heartbeat.

Contributor

You forgot Velocity,it has A LOT of things on it,also Mavtv has a lot on it also. But Comcast wants to buy out TWC and take those channels away from the ones that get them now.Once they buy TWC we will be losing even more channels and paying more,just because they can because they will be the big doggy!

Regular Contributor

According to what I read in the Financial Section, keep in mind that this "Buy Out" of Time Warner is with stocks & not a single penny of CASH!!!! Interesting, no?

Regular Contributor

Just received my monthly "Love Note" from Comcast!!! Still do not have FS2! Great place America!!!

Dear Comcast Customer,

Your monthly bill is now available. Please sign in to your account to view your bill and other important messages or notices regarding your Comcast services.

Bill Overview

Amount Due:$200.10
Payment Due Date:03/10/2014
Regular Visitor

400k watch Piers Morgan! Look a the other CNN #s.  However the real point is Fox Sports 2 easily beats that # of viewers.  Not meant to be political, just facts.  Politics sucks that's why I watch sports!!!

Go Fox sports 2 !!

Frequent Visitor

But you are claiming to be a comcast executive so your name is relevant, mine is not. I'm just a customer.

Frequent Visitor

I agree! Who's stupid idea was it to add Al-Jazeera to the lineup? Who watches that?

Regular Contributor

You see what's going on here, ComcastTeds? What you have is a pretty large group of your customers who are really dissatisfied with the product that IS within your power to offer them, but because you are in a piscine match (it is what it sounds like, I am just trying to express myself without running afoul of the grandmas who are monitoring this forum) with Fox Sports, you refuse. Most forum threads burn out about a week or so after they're opened. This one has been going on now for six months, and is adding new visitors daily, which means COMCAST is adding to the hate and dissatisfaction daily, without doing anything about it. Do you see my point? The fact that this has been going on now for six months makes all your apologies ring rather hollow. Adding Time Warner to your growing monopoly, without taking care of your existing customers tells us all how low you regard our doing business with you. This doesn't event take into account the number of customers who have just quit and gone on to DIRECT TV, DISH, FIOS, or just plain cut the cord (an action we in our household are considering). Your ongoing denial to provide FOX SPORTS 2 tells us you really cannot be bothered by our close to $3000.00 a year we faithfully send to you. We have never been late with our payment. We have never bounced a check to you. We have upheld our end of the bargain; yet you don't really care, do you? You are the ones who always bring up the scare tactics, " ooo nooo, if we give you this one lousy channel, we'll have to raise your rates". As if you are trying to protect us from our own foolishness. Yet very few of us have said that it would be a problem if you raised our rates. You are not getting traction with that one. All we ask is that you do the right thing for once and stop obstructing FOX SPORTS 2.
Contributor

I guess what upsets me, is that for years we had SPEED. When SPEED went away, it seems that part of the programming went to Fox Sports 1 and part went to Fox Sports 2. So, anything we used to enjoy on SPEED that moved to Fox Sports 2, we no longer have. But hey, on FOX sports 1, we get endless blah-blah-blah sports talk like "Crowd goes Wild".
New Poster

Yes, I too purchased the "Sports Package" in order to get the Rolex 24, NASCAR and Supercross.  Well, I only got half of the Rolex 24 and half of Supercross.  No need to keep paying for the package anymore.  This will make it easier to slide into HULU and save money to boot.  Local stations come in great with an indoor antenna around here so that isn't an obstacle either.  

Yep, Comcast is helping me wean off of Comcast.

Regular Visitor

I emailed ecare@comcast.com and the ensuing emails are hilariously frustrating.

Email #1 me to them.

I am looking to find out how it is coming to add FoxSports2 to the Comcast Pottstown, Pa Channel lineup.   

Could someone please get back to me on the status?   

Me

Email #2 them to me.

Dear Mr.,   

Thank you for contacting the Office of Tom Karinshak. My name is Jackie. I genuinely apologize for the unpleasant experience you are having with the Fox Sports 2 channel. I assure you I will do everything I can to address your concerns today.   

FUEL TV will be renamed FOX Sports 2. Included is two websites for your convenience with additional information for Fox Sports http://www.fuel.tv  and http://msn.foxsports.com. FOX Sports 2 programming will include:   

• (UFC): With FOX Sports 2, fans will get access to UFC’s live main events, preliminary fights and other support programming.   
  • Soccer: Live coverage of top soccer competitions including the UEFA Europa League and UEFA Champions League.   
  • UFC Unleashed: The best fights from the UFC vault, including past Pay-Per-View events, The Ultimate Fighter finals, Fight Nights and more.   
  • Motocross: FOX Sports 2 brings viewers the world’s fastest outdoor motocross racers’, racing aboard the best bikes each factory offers, on the roughest, toughest tracks in the world.   
  • Barrett-Jackson: As the world’s greatest collector car event, Barrett-Jackson offers high-quality, one-of-a-kind vehicles and superior entertainment with its renowned auction and lifestyle experience.   

Mr., we know your time is important and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. We are grateful to have you as a Comcast customer; we appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Comcast as your service provider.   

Sincerely,   

Jackie H.   

Office of Tom Karinshak   

P.S. Check out our self-help tools on YouTube! Visit www.YouTube.com/Xfinity .    

Email #3 me to Jackie.

Jackie,  

No offense, but you didn’t answer my question at all.  

I asked you a Comcast TV line up question and you directed me to 2 none Comcast websites.  

I would like to know if Comcast is working to ADD FoxSports 2 to the Comcast Pottstown, Pa. TV Channel line up?  

The Answer would be YES or NO.  

If your answer is YES, then my follow up question is what is the status of those talks?  

If your answer is NO, then my follow up question is why is Comcast not working on adding Foxsports 2?  

Me

Email #4 Jackie to me

Dear,  

Thank you for contacting the Office of Tom Karinshak. My name is Jackie. I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you have experienced with my response to your previous e-mail in regards to the Fox Sports 2 channel. I will address your concerns today.

The relationship between the networks (channels) and Comcast is that the networks broadcast their signal and Comcast picks it up and distributes it to our customers. The type of programming available on each channel is at the discretion of the network that broadcasts the signal. If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reply directly to this e-mail.

We truly value your business here at Comcast and thank you for allowing us to work toward a resolution for you.

Sincerely,

Jackie H.

Office of Tom Karinshak

P.S. Check out our self-help tools on YouTube! Visit www.YouTube.com/Xfinity

Email #5 Me to Jackie

Jackie,

Your recent email, although interesting did not answer my question.  You stated that the networks broadcast their signals/channels and Comcast distributes those channels and that the networks determine what is broadcast on those channels.  That is 100 % correct. BUT that has nothing to do with my question.  Comcast enters into agreements with Networks to distribute signals/channels for Networks.  If an agreement is not made then the signal/channels is not distributed by Comcast.

My question is

I would like to know if Comcast is working on an agreement with Fox Sports to Distribute FoxSports 2 on the Comcast Pottstown, Pa. TV Channel line up?   Currently FoxSports2 is NOT being distributed on the Comcast Pottstown, Pa. TV System.

The Answer to my question would be YES or NO.  

If your answer is YES, then my follow up question is what is the status of those talks?  

If your answer is NO, then my follow up question is why is Comcast not working on adding Foxsports 2?  

Me

Email #6 Jackie to me..........????  For some reason Jackie has not gotten back to me.

Contributor

this is what we are missing this weekend because we don't have FS2  Nationwide Series Qualifying 12:10 p.m. FS2

Sprint Cup Series Final Practice 2:00 p.m. - 2:50 p.m. FS2 . Thats sad!

Frequent Visitor

That sucks!!!!! 

Contributor

Spiderbaggins,

LOL! Your conversation with "Jackie the Robot" is almost word for word what mine as been as well! About the only thing different in mine, was she gave me the contact information for FOX! Like I asked her "Why do i need to contact Fox? The signal is broadcast by them for Comcast to pick up and deciminate."

I referred her to the Comcast annoucment from August last year (that i've placed on here numerous times), stating that FSN1 and FSN2 are coming to our channel line-ups. That announcement was almost 7 months ago, when can we expect it? Insert cricket sounds here.......
Highlighted
Contributor

I checked the tv listing on my tv and I am showing both nationwide qualifying and final practice are on FS 1 in the Seattle area. Nationwide is 9 to 10:30 am and final practice 11 to 12 noon . These are pacific standard time. I did note that NASCAR.com has it listed as FS 2 however Jayski site has FS1. Maybe Fox finally realized that they get better ratings putting this on FS1. I am hoping the tv listing is correct.
Regular Contributor

I would hope they realize they're getting almost no ratings and are putting pressure on both COMCAST (and whatever other company that doesn't carry FS2) and FOX SPORTS so they end this "who will blink first" situation. We are the pawns in this. Things going the way they are, FOX SPORTS 2 may just wither on the vine. I sent an email to FOX SPORTS suggesting they just get rid of the idea of FS2, so we won't be subjected to endless reruns of "Fox Sports Live" and "The Crowd Goes Wild" on FS1. ESPN has been around for what, maybe 30 years now? They didn't just start out with all the channels they have now, did they? They added channels as programming demands grew. The primary school graduates at Fox thought they could just jump right in and compete with ESPN; even though they really don't have the programming to fill one channel, let alone two. So doesn't it make sense for them to just admit they made a mistake, drop FS2, and concentrate on making FS1 a better channel? Of course making sense isn't what FOX is all about. They're about making as much money as they can while passing off the lowest budget programming they can get their hands on to us.
Regular Contributor

Comcast advertisement that pretty much tells it like it is!

It is R rated so be advised.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c38fb80a0d/comcast-doesn-t-give-a-f-ck?ts=1393597421

Contributor

Regular Contributor

One would think that after broadcasting knock out qualifying on Formula One, they'd have a clue how to do it. It's just too complicated for the Fox broadcasters to figure out, and the ones who did F-1 were fired or have moved on. Not really germane to this thread though. FOX SPORTS is at least caving to pressure from the sports it covers. More and more NASCAR and IMSA programming is now on FS1, rather than show them on a channel nobody can watch (well, most people with COMCAST anyway). We'll see if this trend continues. You have to admit that when SPEED was in its last few years, FOX had much less racing available, and used "filler" programming instead. Why they thought they had enough to keep two channels interesting is baffling. Even more UEFA Champions League and Europa League are beginning to appear on FS1. Looks like Comcast is winning this standoff.
New Poster

FOX SPORT 2

GET IT NOW. THERE ARE TOO MANY LATE RUNING GAMES AND ALL THE WEST COAST SPORTS LOVERS GET SCREWED. GET IT NOW. IM SICK OF MY GAME GETTING MISSED BECAUSE GAMES GO INTO OVERTIME AND THE AIR TIME WAS DETEREMINED CORRRECTLY. RIGHT NOW I AM MISSING OREGON vs. ARIZONA STATE BECAUSE PROVIDENCE vs. MARQUETTE WENT OVERTIME.

BY THE WAY THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME AND THIS IS ALL IN CAPS TO MAKE A VERY EXPRESSIVE STATMENT.

GET IT TOGETHER XFINITY, IF DISH CAN DO IT, YOU CAN TOO.

New Poster

Brilliant - England V Denmark in a World Cup warm up - only covered in the US on Fox Sports 2 (as well as half of their Champions league games).  Why on earth is this, along with all the F1, Nascar and other racing programming, not even offered on this joke of a tv provider?  This post is in leui of having any frustrating conversations with non human interfaces!

Frequent Visitor

Something to think about....

It could be a good idea to email Nascar let them know they have us in a situation to where 1000's of us are unable to view all of Nascar's broadcast. Let them know group's are currently collecting viewer's signatures online at this point to show numbers of viewer's effected but are sending this info to a log list of Nascar Sponsors explaining how Sponsor invested advertising is simply not reaching the end customer (the viewer's).

I think once Nascar see's their sponsor are soon to be approached in this manner, Nascar will put in the necessary calls to root of the problem comcast and get a solution. Simply send Nascar the email's and don't be surprised if stuff finally get put into action.

Regular Contributor

Sorry but it's not all about Nascar, it's about all the other sport features that WE can't get also, F1, Supercross etc. I'll be dumping these clowns soon enough as they could careless about its loyal customers. It's about power greed and of course cash as that is King
New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2

Please add fox sports 2 To our comcast xfinity lineup. I believe there is significant demand for this channel lineup of programming
Regular Visitor

Formula 1 is on NBCSN and has been for a year now.

Bronze Problem Solver

@jq3542 wrote:
Please add fox sports 2 To our comcast xfinity lineup. I believe there is significant demand for this channel lineup of programming

I have FS2 here in eastern Mass.

New Poster

MY HUSBAND IS AN AVID NASCAR FAN AND IS VERY UPSET THAT HE COULD NOT WATCH THE NASCAR AWARDS SHOW AND WON'T BE ABLE TO WATCH SOME OF THE RACES. WHY DID COMCAST NOT ADD FOX 2 SPORTS TO THEIR PROGRAMING WHEN SPEED WAS DISCONTINUED. AND WHY CAN'T IT BE ADDED NOW

Regular Contributor

@kayewinkle, first of all, this forum doesn't really do any good towards requesting a channel to the line up. It is here for customers to rant and rave and blow off steam without having to tie up any real person at COMCAST. send an email to: ecare@comcast.com and they will add it to the thousands of unheard requests. The fact is that right now, FOX Sports and COMCAST are in a standoff. FOX thinks they can bully COMCAST into paying them a LOT more than they used to for SPEED. COMCAST, for their part, is afraid of having to pass the increased cost to their customers. So in their mind, they think they are doing you a favor by not letting you watch what you want to watch. They are saving you from yourself. In the meantime, we all lose out. Many have just quit COMCAST and gone to DIRECT TV, but be careful what you wish for. DIRECT TV has it's own set of problems. Others may not have a choice due to community rules against dishes on homes or the like, so they keep on hounding COMCAST to get FOX SPORTS 2, along with other sports channels they are missing. What I've noticed is that the different racing promoters are aware of this standoff, and that much of their programming isn't being watched because people don't have the channel. So they are demanding that FOX schedules them on FOX SPORTS 1. I think Fox Sports 2 is going to die on the vine, since FOX doesn't really have enough programming to fill two channels, hence endless re-runs of "Fox Sports Live" and "The Crowd Goes Wild". ESPN they aren't. In the meantime, COMCAST customers are just getting more and more frustrated. All you can really do is discontinue Comcast. That's the only leverage we, as customers, have. Kind of sad, isn't it?
New Poster

We switched from Direct TV to Comcast but I am dismayed to find out we cannot get Fox Sports 2.  So much of Nascar is switching from Fox Sports 1 & 2.  When will comcast catch on and give us FS2?  It can't possibly cost that much!

Frequent Visitor

The only way to get Comcasts attention is switch to DirecTV.  They just could careless about what you think.  They just sit in that new Ivory tower in Philly and spend all that money they are sucking out of you.

Glad I switched,

Bill

New Poster

SO sick of comcast abusing their monopoly power.  WHY DON'T YOU CARRY FS2?!  We spend an exhorbitant amount of money in an attempt to see Italian soccer and those games get trumped regularly by the English or Spanish games.  It's finally time to switch and deal with ALL the aggravation that entails because I LOATHE comcast.

Frequent Visitor

No UEFA games today thanks to Comcast Smiley Sad

New Poster

I cannot watch the UFC Prelims Saturday night.

New Poster

I cannot watch the UFC Prelims on Saturday night.

New Poster

I cannot watch the UFC Prelims on Saturday night.

Frequent Visitor

Its all about the Benjamins baby. Comcast/NBC doesn't want to add another channel owned by one of their competitors.