Community Forum

Fox Sports 2

Regular Contributor

Re: Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)?

That is what it is going to take. I've been contacting ecare@comcast.com almost once a week, and have been for six months now. I get replies from the "office of Tom Karinshank" or something like that. I spoke with a regional manger from California who told me it comes down to numbers. If enough people request it, they will "consider it". The problem is the "numbers". If you look at this thread, there have been what 480 posts, from all over the country, many of them from the same person (I've probably posted twenty times or so on this thread.) It's a heck of a way to do business, waiting until enough people complain then acting on it, instead of providing the channels we want and seeing if anyone complains. Their email needs to be slammed by everyone who wants FOX SPORTS 2, MAVTV, UNIVERSAL SPORTS, and whatever else. Requesting on this forum is an exercise in futilitiy. Comcast created this forum for people to blow off steam without having to tie up a customer service person. Remember, you got to email ecare@comcast.com. as many times as you can. Tell them why you think it's not fair that they withhold these channels from us. A whole segment of sports fans is being ignored.
Contributor

I contacted ecare as you suggested. I received a response back fromTom K office. They then referred my request to comcast headquarters to call me regarding this issue. They did call, but got the same "song and dance" that my area (pacific nwi) that we didn't have it, DUH. I wanted to know why and when. All they said they would check with marketing and if she found out anything she would call me back. I am not holding my breath. It did not phase her that I would need to go to another provider except we would hate to lose you. ! Will keep bugging them but not sure how much good it will do.
Most Valued Poster

Yesterday was a good example of why Comcast customers need FOX SPORTS 2. College basketball games went over their "Time Limits" and some games like the Villanova Game started on FOX SPORTS 2 and game after that because Villanova game went over 7:00 PM. Comcast please add Fox Sports 2 to Garden State, NJ channel line up.

Official Employee

Comcast does offer Fox Sports 2 in some markets based on some existing contractual obligations. 

Fox Sports 1 is certainly more widely available.

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along  collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

Thanks for your feedback. We don't have any announcements to make regarding additional locations for the addition of Fox Sports 2 at this time.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Well Comcast Ted, of all the arrogant responses. Nobody gives a flying fig about FOX SPORTS 1 on this thread. What you are hearing on this thread is a continuing demand from all over the country to provide FOX SPORTS 2. 2 is different than 1, isn't it. We wouldn't put in all this time and effort if we were willing to give up and say oh well, at least we have FS1. What is happening is that Fox sports is continually scheduling programming that we want to see on FS2. It frustrates the heck out of us to not see it. Some of us don't have options to change providers, so we are stuck with you, and we aren't happy campers at the way you've dug your heals in over the issue. You have plenty of cash to buy Time Warner, but you are being miserly over providing channels that people want. Your intent to throw water on this thread isn't going to work. I know this is a response to the least few letters I've written to ecare@comcast.com. Mr. K is going to continue to hear from us until we get the channels we want. Remember, it is our cash that you are throwing around to become the bully on the block. I've already written to the FTC regarding this issue and how it relates to your takeover of Time Warner, along with my congressmen and senators. It's simple; give us what we want, and this thread, which has had new posts daily for six months now, will go away and everyone will be happy.
Official Employee

We certainly realize that anything short of a post that says "Comcast is adding Fox Sports 2 in all areas on this date and your monthly cable bill won't go up" will not be a satisfactory answer for most.

Unfortunately, we don't have an expected date for an announcement for the Fox Sports 2 in additional Comcast areas.

I do know that our programming teams meet regularly with Fox on this and other topics. The conversations are ongoing.

Any possible addition of any new network would also most likely incur additional costs to Comcast that would be passed along to our customers. As mentioned above, those additional costs are one of the factors in considering adding adding any new network.

Generally, new networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs are then spread across all of our customers, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or a Sports Package.   

The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along any collective feedback, interests and concerns to our programming teams. Apologies if I did not state that previously.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

its all good Ted you guys can keep having your "meetings" Im done with the whole deal, especially after Comcast drops 45B in the past week but cant add Fox Sports 2 to a wider viewing area.  Im am glad you guys added El Rey and Al Jazerra we really appreciate those giants of television industry. but with that I leave it, moving to DirectTV...its crazy but they offer the same thing Comcast does, plus FS2 and MavTV for wait for it...a cheaper price.

Regular Contributor

@ComcastTeds: curiously you've sidestepped the whole issue of having plenty of money to buy out your competitors, the legality of which may be in question; but tell us about how any addition will cost us, the customers. You already charge us the highest rates in the industry. Is your buyout of Time Warner going to cost us all too? Perhaps you should get your house in order, and satisfy your existing customers before you take over the world. There is little diversity in your sports programming. Any claim to " most live sports" became dubious when you got rid of Universal Sports. Don't act like you are doing is a favor because "Fox Sports 1 is more widely available." NASCAR ISN'T THE ONLY RACING GENRE AVAILABLE FOR BROADCAST. Motor Sports is under represented in your programming lineup, and be assured I wouldn't be having this discussion if I had another option for television programming where I live. I would be amDIRECT TV customer, and a happy one at that. I'd be saving money and watching what I want to see. What I don't understand is how obtuse COMCAST is regarding our request. This thread will continue, along with continuous emails Ito ecare@comcast, and posts to the Facebook page and Twitter accounts until we get what we perceive as fair value for our $3000.00 a year we pay to you.
Frequent Visitor

Post deleted, please review the Forum Posting guidelines.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Regular Contributor

You know, at some point somebody at COMCAST has got to step up and say "you know, this guy has a point". At least that's what I hope, and I will continue to pursue this issue until COMCAST can see the validity In our request. I am contacting sponsors of race teams and promoters of series we are denied the ability to watch. I am contacting politicians. I know at some point somebody is going to chime in "Get a life". Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am a live in caregiver for my bedridden partner, so watching racing is my "escape". This is my life. I hate feeling "ripped off" by a big corporation and COMCAST IS A BIG PIMPLE ON MY REAR END (they won't let me use the word bu**- can you believe that?! A bunch of old grandmas moderating). So look for me to keep on keeping on, until finally we get the value of what we pay for. Others need to step up too. Regular emails to ecare@ comcast.com are a good way to keep the debate going. It's been six months now, and COMCAST can't be bothered. The fact that this thread is still active after six months, with new posts daily, is being noticed by somebody at COMCAST. I haven't seen two posts in two days by ComcastTeds ever. So keep the pressure up. COMCAST is in an untenable spot regarding FS2. Especially with the money they have to "take over the world". It's time they listen to their customers.
Frequent Visitor

No Ted...edit that.  oh no...Brian L. Roberts received an estimated $24,683,315 in total compensation, during 2009 alone. but we cant get FS2.  edit away its the only thing you are paid for I guess.

Problem Solver

Dear Seth:

If DirectTV gives you all the programming you want and at a lower cost, why are you still here?  Just go ahead, make the switch, and be happy.  If you get some sort of satisfaction by complaining, please make that intent clear at the top of your posts so you don't waste other people's time.  Some of us are here to try and help fellow Comcast customers.  And remember, life is short; it's only TV.

Frequent Visitor

Because it's my right as a paying customer Bobby and frankly none of your business or concern. You haven't solved anything and won't be doing so, so keep your thoughts in Washington. And after the switch I'll still be here just like the others who pay handsomely for the services of Brian L. Roberts only to get screwed.
Official Employee
Moved:

Regular Contributor

Bob, not everyone has the choice to switch. You think they'll move just to get better TV? Like you said, " it's only TV". The fact is that most of what we get on TV is junk. It just so happens that once and a while, we might want to watch a particular race, or fight, or soccer match, or whatever; and because we are stuck with Comcast, we can't. If you don't care, no big deal. But we do, so don't belittle us. Nobody is forcing you to read this forum thread.
Official Employee
Moved:

Regular Contributor

If your not here to try and resolve the on going issue of not giving the customers Foxsports2 then move on and quit trolling this thread Bob. Many customers here are very agitated and unhappy to pay for services and not receive a channel lineup they desire. For whatever reasons, many are stuck with Comcast/Xfinity and not by choice.
Official Employee

A reminder to all to please review and adhere to the Forum Posting Guidelines, available at the link below, thank you.

Personal attacks, name calling and the like will not be tolerated.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Contributor

So, we can not receive Fox Sports 2 because A.) Its too costly; last year I paid over $200 a month for Television and Internet. Lets see, if memory serves me right, that's $2400 a year. B.) Not enough people want it; seems to me that there are a lot of people here on this forum that would really like to see this channel. C.) Why so secretive?: someone somewhere has to have a better explanation than we, the subscribers, are receiving in this forum. D.) I get the impression that the home office is going to control all of cable television across the nation; if Comcast/Xfinity does get Time/Warner for whatever price then should we as customers be worried for even more price hikes? E.) It is obvious to me that this forum is just a pacifier for all of us paying customers. Finally, when I had a problem with my service, why does it take three to five people to fix my problem? Comcast Ted, I appreciate your time. It just seems that you are told what to say and when to say it.

Is this the culture of Comcast? Sort of like they will stay with us because its the only game in town. Every company will have chum and churn, the good ones will pay attention as to why they left, where they went or they will be gone. My evidence? You should look no further than Blackberry or General Motors. Both should be gone by now, but with government help they both are still here. AT&T, Dish and Direct TV, even Verizon FIOS are looking for your chum and churn, and even folks that have never had pay television. And believe us, Fox Sport 2 is not the only reason why people will leave you. They are tired of being ignored. The silent majority is out there, and they vote with their wallets. 

Frequent Visitor

Hey Comcast, please add Fox Sports 2 to the Indiana region!!! It is in demand here with a lot of soccer interest in the region (new USL soccer team in the Indy 11 etc.).  

Loooook, Mr. Comcast Ted, at the number of posts in this forum for Fox Soccer (which is defunct, yet people continue to post in that 1400+ post thread) and the number of posts here, nearly 500. These are not from soccer fans in markets who already get Fox Sports 2... the posts are from frustrated soccer fans who for YEARS have not been able to get the soccer channels on your system in HD or at all. 

Please add Fox Sports 2 in HD for the Indiana market and across the US!!!! The demand is there, you guys are blind for not seeing the amount of interest on this form, for example. 

Regards,

Madchill

New Poster

At least make fs2 available online.
Frequent Visitor

But, Mr Teds, Comcast keeps adding channels that nobody's watching or even heard of & the cost keeps going up! Why not add a channel, Fox Sports 2, that you know will have a big viewership? And why are you hiding behind a phoney name? Are you a real comcast executive or just a minion with no pull?

New Poster

Please please please add Fox Sports 2 to lineup. Today's Champions League game is only shown on FS2 due to some lame car racing practice on FS1.
I wish Fox Soccer Channel was not replaced with FS1. Not nearly enough coverage. At least with the addition of FS2, some of the
programming problems would be rectified.
Regular Contributor

TheFox Soccer Channel became FXX, which doesn't even belong in the sports package. All it shows are re-runs of programs people couldn't be bothered to watch the first time around. It's just a junk "filler" channel that Comcast uses to justify its high prices. FOX SPORTS 1 & 2 came from the SPEED channel, when Fox decided to provide sports channel to compete with ESPN 1 & 2, albeit to be understood by those with a third grade education. They did the same with their once excellent SPEED.COM. A lot of crayons go into the writing for their efforts. COMCAST steadfastly refused to provide FOX SPOTS 2, even though most of their customers want it. They'll give you a whole bunch of lame excuses and outright lies for their reasons, but in the end, nothing. Best thing you can do is contact ecare@comcast.com by email and request FOX SPOTS 2, giving your reasons why you want it. Good luck
Contributor

no the best thing you can do is switch to Directv,its cheaper and you get the channels you want!

Regular Contributor

That's exactly what I'd do, if I had the choice, but I don't. There is no FIOS where I live, and satellite dishes are not allowed. So COMCAST is the only game in town.
@ComcastTeds: these meetings you talk about must be held inside a bubble. Also, has anyone said anything about not expecting the rates to go up if you provide FOX SPORTS 2? You raise our rates regularly anyway, so we are used to that; so why don't you at least provide something we want as long as you are charging us more. I didn't ask for Al-Jazeera, but you foisted it on me anyway. I'm sure I'm paying for it, along with the hundreds of channels I never watch, so why the "ooohhh noooo, we certainly can't add FOX SPORTS 2 because it will mean we have to charge our customer more" mentality? Most people who have a choice in their TV provider and want FOX SPORTS 2 have already left COMCAST. Many others may not know about Fox sports 2, but would watch it if they got it. Still more people may not be the type of people who regularly go on-line to request a channel, or may not even have access to the internet. By denying us FOX SPORTS 2, you are denying them as well. How about doing a survey amongst your customers to see what programming they really appreciate and want, instead of just telling them what they are lucky to pay for? Using the grocery store analogy, when I go, I choose what I want to buy; I don't let the store employees just put stuff in my cart,do you? What an awful way to do business, and an awful way to treat paying customers.
Official Employee

@rasik700 wrote:
At least make fs2 available online.

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service.

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site:  http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Live streams of all the FOX Sports Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive FOX Sports as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers. If you get FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX sports regional channels at home, you've got access!

Official Employee

@lipstickcat wrote:

But, Mr Teds, Comcast keeps adding channels that nobody's watching or even heard of & the cost keeps going up! Why not add a channel, Fox Sports 2, that you know will have a big viewership? And why are you hiding behind a phoney name? Are you a real comcast executive or just a minion with no pull?

lipstickcat says that I am hiding behind a phony name.... lipstickcat?  

I'm actually pretty easy to find. Click on my name to learn more about me or do a simple internet search on ComcastTeds.

As stated earlier (and at the risk of repeating):

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along your collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

Costs and customer feedback have a lot to do with any programming decisions.

Some good background for all on the sports rights TV landscape and costs (from August 2013) from Variety at the link below:

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/sports-fans-to-spend-more-money-to-watch-favorite-teams-1200577215/#

Thanks for your feedback.

Official Employee

@markdartj wrote:
TheFox Soccer Channel became FXX, which doesn't even belong in the sports package. All it shows are re-runs of programs people couldn't be bothered to watch the first time around. It's just a junk "filler" channel that Comcast uses to justify its high prices. FOX SPORTS 1 & 2 came from the SPEED channel, when Fox decided to provide sports channel to compete with ESPN 1 & 2, albeit to be understood by those with a third grade education. They did the same with their once excellent SPEED.COM. A lot of crayons go into the writing for their efforts. COMCAST steadfastly refused to provide FOX SPOTS 2, even though most of their customers want it. They'll give you a whole bunch of lame excuses and outright lies for their reasons, but in the end, nothing. Best thing you can do is contact ecare@comcast.com by email and request FOX SPOTS 2, giving your reasons why you want it. Good luck

FXX may be in the Sports Entertainment package in some of our markets. The Sports and Entertainment Package contains a mix of Sports and Entertainment offerings.

For feedback on FXX programming, you should contact FXX directly: user@fxnetworks.com

We do offer Fox Sports 2 in several Comcast areas.

If you are interested in both sides of the story, you should also ask Fox Sports 2 why they don't have more distribution on Comcast and other video providers, you can do that here: http://msn.foxsports.com/feedback

Not sure what lies were told to you.

Thanks for your feedback.

Contributor

it sounds like you are bragging now,saying you can't get it if its not in your area.It was available in my area on line til people started saying they didn't have that channel,then you TED took it away from us. Not Comcast YOU TED took it away. A link to veiw it on line was posted on this forum then the next thing I knew,it stopped working. So TED you are the one that seen that link,so YOU had it fixed so it no longger worked. So we all know it can be seen on line if we get the channel or not,so give it back TED!

Official Employee

@ken0965 wrote:

it sounds like you are bragging now,saying you can't get it if its not in your area.It was available in my area on line til people started saying they didn't have that channel,then you TED took it away from us. Not Comcast YOU TED took it away. A link to veiw it on line was posted on this forum then the next thing I knew,it stopped working. So TED you are the one that seen that link,so YOU had it fixed so it no longger worked. So we all know it can be seen on line if we get the channel or not,so give it back TED!

You give me far too much credit.

I really have no idea what you are talking about above. If the link was working before that may have been part of a free preview or a mistake by Fox Sports 2 and-or Comcast.

Below is still very true and is not unique to Comcast.

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service.

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site:  http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Live streams of all the FOX Sports Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive FOX Sports as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers. If you get FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX sports regional channels at home, you've got access!

Regular Visitor

Take PMSNBC off and put on FOX 2!!  Flip the switch and more people will be happy!!

New Poster

So FS2 aired Bayern Munich vs. Arsenal today, and despite the $200+ bill I receive every month from Comcast, I was unable to watch the game. Excellent.

Contributor

Lets be clear Ted. You have so many USELESS (for lack of a better word) channels that NOONE watches or knows! Why not add sports ones that there is clearly a demand for? How does that look for your merger? Price gouging, trying to monopoloze a market, decreasing choices, higher prices...sounds like a simple case of antitrust right here. Godd luck with the merger, trying to show that you would make it cheaper for the consumer to have cable!!

giving us beinsports play and fox sports 2 would be such an EASY step in the right direction of trusting you more...

Regular Contributor

@Comcast Teds: you been so ready to reply, yet you haven't commented on anything of substance regarding my earlier post. What I really want to know is after raising our rates regularly for years, why suddenly, does COMCAST want to prevent our rates from increasing as a result of adding FOX SPORTS 2? We all know that you raise our rates every year anyway. Also, I notice my rates didn't go down when you got rid of UNIVERSL SPORTS, one of the few channels I watched regularly. I am really sick and tired of these excuses for not providing what your customers, that's the people who ultimately pay your wages, the channels they actually want to watch. I know that COMCASR is not the only ones to blame. Fox is just as responsible for upsetting the status quo. But you guys have been doing this for years. Whoever at COMCAST thought it would be a good idea to give us, strike that, MAKE US PAY FOR Al Jazeera should be fired. I don't want anybody sitting in a meeting, who has never talked to me, deciding what I get on television. Fox sports is NOT the company to blame that we cannot watch what we want to see on television. That would be you guys. Face it; our rates will go up anyway- at least make it palatable buy letting us watch the channels we want.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

ComcastTeds-

Just found out today that FS2 is available in SD on Channel 737 in Manayunk (a NW area of Philly) - but of course it's not on any of the suburban systems.

Any news on if this will ever roll out to the areas around Philly?

New Poster

ComcastTeds, You said: "Generally, new networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs are then spread across all of our customers, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or a Sports Package."

So, what I'm reading is that,since Fox Sports2 is available in some markets, I in fact already Pay for Fox Sports 2? I am paying for a channel that I want, but do not and can not get?

Regular Contributor

RSG, you raise a valid point- our rates have gone up regularly over the years, yet COMCASTis losing diversity in its program lineup. As far as sports go, they cannot claim to have the most sports when one sees a page of nothing but College basketball scheduled. So to you, COMCAST TEDS, your position is untenable. We are already paying for FOX SPORTS 2, so let us watch it for crying out loud! Then all of this angst, anger and dissatisfaction goes away and you can get on with your meetings behind closed doors.
Regular Visitor

Maybe they should call Fox Sports 2  Al Jazzera Fox Sports 2 and Comcast will put it on!!

Official Employee

@PSUMattDE wrote:

ComcastTeds-

Just found out today that FS2 is available in SD on Channel 737 in Manayunk (a NW area of Philly) - but of course it's not on any of the suburban systems.

Any news on if this will ever roll out to the areas around Philly?

The Manayunk-Roxborough area of Philadelphia was a Time Warner owned and managed cable system that was acquired by Comcast in the early 2000's.

Generally, the pre-acquisition programming agreement may allow for honoring the existing programming contracts for channels that were already on the cable system at the time of acquisition until such contract terms would expire or possibly subsequently be renewed.

This is likely the case in the situation that you reference above. 

As started earlier, we don't have any news to announce about additional distribution of Fox Sports 2 at this time.  Thanks for your interest.

Official Employee

@RealSpyGirl wrote:

ComcastTeds, You said: "Generally, new networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs are then spread across all of our customers, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or a Sports Package."

So, what I'm reading is that,since Fox Sports2 is available in some markets, I in fact already Pay for Fox Sports 2? I am paying for a channel that I want, but do not and can not get?

Apologies if I wasn't as clear as I could have been. Let me try again:

"The costs are spread across all of the customers that have that channel in their level of service, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or via a separate Sports Package."

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to clarify. 

Official Employee

@markdartj wrote:
RSG, you raise a valid point- our rates have gone up regularly over the years, yet COMCASTis losing diversity in its program lineup. As far as sports go, they cannot claim to have the most sports when one sees a page of nothing but College basketball scheduled. So to you, COMCAST TEDS, your position is untenable. We are already paying for FOX SPORTS 2, so let us watch it for crying out loud! Then all of this angst, anger and dissatisfaction goes away and you can get on with your meetings behind closed doors.

If you don't have Fox Sports 2 in your channel lineup, then you are not paying for Fox Sports 2. 

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Ted, are you saying that when and if we start getting Fox Sports 2 then we will be paying an extra fee to receive it?

Official Employee

@duffey3700 wrote:

Comcast Ted, are you saying that when and if we start getting Fox Sports 2 then we will be paying an extra fee to receive it?

I was responding directly to the question above my response. 

For background - Fox Sports 2 (like most cable networks) charge a per subscriber fee per month to the video provider based on how many customers receive the channel.

Those new costs are usually passed along to our customers who receive that channel.

If you are on a cable system that already offers Fox Sports 2 on the channel lineup, then the cost of that network would be included in your monthly bundled cable invoice for video services. 

The larger issue (condensed version) is that sports programming is typically much more expensive than your usual cable network. That is just a fact; lots of factors contribute to that.

Most video providers would actually like to only provide some of the more costly sports networks on a Sports Package so that people that want those sports channels would bear the costs and that not all customers would have to pay for that service. 

Conversely, the cable networks would rather be seen by as many eyeballs as possible for advertising revenue, reach and ratings. 

The above is usually what the negotiations focus on.    

Costs and customer feedback have a lot to do with any programming decisions.

Some good background for all on the sports rights TV landscape and costs (from August 2013) from Variety at the link below:

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/sports-fans-to-spend-more-money-to-watch-favorite-teams-1200577215/#

Some folks may not care about all of that that background, but others may be interested.

Regular Contributor

I read the Variety article, and basically what I got from it is that sports programming in general are the only thing keeping providers afloat. So it makes sense to me that you provide more sports programming, instead of trying to blackball a network because suddenly you're afraid you'll have to raise our rates. That rings very hollow, since, as I've said earlier, you raise our rates all the time. What needs to be done is get rid of all the chaff in your programming and use your apparently limited resources to satisfy your customers. How many shopping networks do we need? Why do we need ESPNHD and ESPN2HD on four channels instead of just two? It's a safe bet to assume that more people would want FOX SPOTS 2 than Al-Jazeera. Do you understand what I'm saying? You are wasting resources.
You refuted your own statement that costs for new networks are borne by everyone subscribing to COMCAST, not just those who have the sports and entertainment package. Also you have not addressed the fact that if Comcast is so pressed for money, that any network added will have to be paid for by the customers, YET- you seem to have bucket loads of cash to buy out your competitors in order to become a monopoly. Shouldn't be a problem for you, since the head of the FCC Tom Wheeler, was formerly head of the number one lobby for the cable industry. No conflict of interest there? And where is all that money coming from? My guess is that ultimately we are paying for that endeavour.
Something else I gleaned from the article in Variety, is that for years you had a profit margin of around 75%, and that now your margin is shrinking "to a more reasonable size".
So then, I put it to you again: since you are always raising our rates anyway, and those with the "sports and entertainment" package will be the ones bering the cost , not everyone else; I see no valid reason for not providing your loyal customers, your "most preferred customers" (COMCAST'S words, not mine) with what they want. You need to sell sports programming to remain relevant, so do it! Then all this ugliness doesn't get drawn out for another six months; it goes away. I am sick and tired of getting nothing but apologies because without action, they're just insincere. It's just one channel for god's sake. LET US WATCH IT! We are not giving up like obedient sheep.
Regular Visitor

*Delete* Comcast/Xfinity does in fact carry fox sports 2 in my area. 

Frequent Visitor

Below shows us the nascar broadcasting comcast subsciber's are NOT able to view just from the next week. Any pace FS2 appears = You're Screwed.

Month...Date..... Day...... Start Time Program/Race.................................... Race Site....... Network Approx.GreenFlag

221Fri1:30 AMNASCAR Now ESPN2
221Fri6:00 AMNSCS: Budweiser Duels at DaytonaDaytonaFS2
221Fri11:00 AMNASCAR LiveDaytonaFS1
221Fri11:30 AMNSCS PracticeDaytonaFS1
221Fri1:00 PMNNS Coors Light Pole QualifyingDaytonaESPN2
221Fri2:30 PMNSCS PracticeDaytonaFS1
221Fri4:00 PMNCWTS Keystone Light Pole QualifyingDaytonaFS1
221Fri5:30 PMNASCAR LiveDaytonaFS1
221Fri6:30 PMNCWTS SetUpDaytonaFS1
221Fri7:30 PMNCWTS: NextEra Energy Resources 250DaytonaFS1
222Sat12:00 AMNSCS: Budweiser Duels at DaytonaDaytonaFS2
222Sat1:00 AMWendell Scott: A Race Story ESPNC
222Sat2:30 AMNASCAR Now ESPN2
222Sat9:00 AMNASCAR K&N Pro SeriesNew SmyrnaFS1
222Sat10:00 AMNSCS Final PracticeDaytonaFS1
222Sat12:00 PMNNS CountdownDaytonaESPN
222Sat1:15 PMNNS: DRIVE4COPD 300DaytonaESPN
222Sat5:00 PMThe Day: Daytona PrimetimeDaytonaFS2
222Sat6:00 PMReturn of the 3DaytonaFS2
222Sat7:00 PMFox Sports 1 on 1: Jimmie Johnson FS2
222Sat10:30 PMNSCS Final PracticeDaytonaFS2
222Sat11:00 PMReturn of the 3DaytonaFS1
223Sun3:30 AMNNS: DRIVE4COPD 300DaytonaESPN2
223Sun10:00 AMSportsCenter Special ESPN2
223Sun10:00 AMDaytona 500 Bash at the Beach FS1
223Sun11:00 AMNASCAR RaceDayDaytonaFS1
223Sun12:00 PMNSCS Pre-Race ShowDaytonaFOX
223Sun1:00 PMNSCS: Daytona 500DaytonaFOX
223Sun1:00 PMNSCS: Daytona 500DaytonaFOX Deportes
223Sun5:00 PMNASCAR Victory LaneDaytonaFS1
223Sun6:00 PMWendell Scott: A Race Story ESPNC
223Sun10:00 PMNASCAR Victory LaneDaytonaFS1
223Sun10:30 PMFox Sports 1 on 1: Jimmie Johnson FS1
224Mon4:00 PMNASCAR Race Hub FS1
224Mon5:00 PMNASCAR Race Hub FS2
224Mon5:00 PMNASCAR America NBCSN
224Mon9:00 PMNASCAR K&N Pro SeriesNew SmyrnaFS2
225Tues2:00 AMNASCAR Now ESPN2
225Tues11:00 AMNASCAR Race Hub FS1
225Tues5:00 PMFox Sports 1 on 1: Jimmie Johnson FS2
225Tue5:00 PMNASCAR America NBCSN
225Tues5:30 PMNASCAR Race Hub FS2
226Wed2:00 AMNASCAR Now ESPN2
226Wed12:00 PMNASCAR Race Hub FS1
226Wed1:00 PMFox Sports 1 on 1: Jimmie Johnson FS1
226Wed5:00 PMNASCAR Race Hub FS2
226Wed5:00 PMNASCAR America NBCSN
227Thurs2:00 AMNASCAR Now ESPN2
227Thurs11:00 AMNASCAR Race Hub FS1
227Thurs5:00 PMNASCAR Race Hub FS2
227Thu5:00 PMNASCAR America NBCSN
228Fri1:30 AMNASCAR Now ESPN2
228Fri12:30 PMFox Sports 1 on 1: Jimmie Johnson FS1
228Fri1:00 PMNNS PracticePhoenixFS1
228Fri2:00 PMNSCS PracticePhoenixFS1
228Fri3:30 PMFox Sports 1 on 1: Jimmie Johnson FS1
228Fri4:00 PMNASCAR Race Hub FS1
228Fri5:00 PMNNS PracticePhoenixFS1
228Fri6:30 PMNSCS Coors Light Pole QualifyingPhoenixFS1
228Fri8:00 PMNSCS Re-air: Daytona 500DaytonaFS1
Official Employee

@markdartj wrote:
I read the Variety article, and basically what I got from it is that sports programming in general are the only thing keeping providers afloat. So it makes sense to me that you provide more sports programming, instead of trying to blackball a network because suddenly you're afraid you'll have to raise our rates. That rings very hollow, since, as I've said earlier, you raise our rates all the time. What needs to be done is get rid of all the chaff in your programming and use your apparently limited resources to satisfy your customers. How many shopping networks do we need? Why do we need ESPNHD and ESPN2HD on four channels instead of just two? It's a safe bet to assume that more people would want FOX SPOTS 2 than Al-Jazeera. Do you understand what I'm saying? You are wasting resources.
You refuted your own statement that costs for new networks are borne by everyone subscribing to COMCAST, not just those who have the sports and entertainment package. Also you have not addressed the fact that if Comcast is so pressed for money, that any network added will have to be paid for by the customers, YET- you seem to have bucket loads of cash to buy out your competitors in order to become a monopoly. Shouldn't be a problem for you, since the head of the FCC Tom Wheeler, was formerly head of the number one lobby for the cable industry. No conflict of interest there? And where is all that money coming from? My guess is that ultimately we are paying for that endeavour.
Something else I gleaned from the article in Variety, is that for years you had a profit margin of around 75%, and that now your margin is shrinking "to a more reasonable size".
So then, I put it to you again: since you are always raising our rates anyway, and those with the "sports and entertainment" package will be the ones bering the cost , not everyone else; I see no valid reason for not providing your loyal customers, your "most preferred customers" (COMCAST'S words, not mine) with what they want. You need to sell sports programming to remain relevant, so do it! Then all this ugliness doesn't get drawn out for another six months; it goes away. I am sick and tired of getting nothing but apologies because without action, they're just insincere. It's just one channel for god's sake. LET US WATCH IT! We are not giving up like obedient sheep.

Ok, a lot going on above.

No network is being blackballed. Negotiations are ongoing. Our programming teams meet with networks all the time to work on deals and contracts that make the most sense for our customers and our business.   

It takes two parties to negotiate and come to an equitable agreement for carriage of any cable network.

Below is a quote from Mediacomm (a peer cable company), from early 2013 that I think helps illustrate the situation. 

“Contrary to accusations by industry critics, cable companies are reluctant to raise video subscriber rates because when we do, we lose customers. Mediacom does not make more money when we raise

video prices, since we remit virtually every penny of the increase on to the content owners. Over the last three years, the increase in our programming costs was more than double the increase in video revenues, even after taking our subscriber rate increases and equipment charges into account.”

I was concerned about your statement that Comcast “raise(s) rates all the time”. I reviewed your last year of cable statements and I see one month (June) where your account rolled out of a discounted promotional rate into the normal rate for our bundled video services. I also saw a slight increase in January on your bundled video services. I’m not sure that qualifies as “all the time”.

Shopping Networks usually have a revenue share with the video provider. Believe it or not, these shopping channels actually help offset your monthly video rates.

Having any channel mirrored on another display channel takes up no (zero) additional bandwidth – it is done as a courtesy to provide our customers with an easy way to locate some channels.

We don’t currently have an agreement to add Fox Sports 2 to any Sports Package, as much as we might want to.

Costs and customer feedback have a lot to do with any programming decision.

We understand your (and others) passion and desire to have this channel. We don't currently have any announcements to make regarding this specific service. 

Thanks for your feedback, it has certainly been heard and shared. 

Official Employee

@psychobike1 wrote:

Below shows us the nascar broadcasting comcast subsciber's are NOT able to view just from the next week. Any pace FS2 appears = You're Screwed.

Month...Date..... Day...... Start Time Program/Race.................................... Race Site....... Network Approx.GreenFlag

2 21 Fri 1:30 AM NASCAR Now   ESPN2
2 21 Fri 6:00 AM NSCS: Budweiser Duels at Daytona Daytona FS2
2 21 Fri 11:00 AM NASCAR Live Daytona FS1
2 21 Fri 11:30 AM NSCS Practice Daytona FS1
2 21 Fri 1:00 PM NNS Coors Light Pole Qualifying Daytona ESPN2
2 21 Fri 2:30 PM NSCS Practice Daytona FS1
2 21 Fri 4:00 PM NCWTS Keystone Light Pole Qualifying Daytona FS1
2 21 Fri 5:30 PM NASCAR Live Daytona FS1
2 21 Fri 6:30 PM NCWTS SetUp Daytona FS1
2 21 Fri 7:30 PM NCWTS: NextEra Energy Resources 250 Daytona FS1
2 22 Sat 12:00 AM NSCS: Budweiser Duels at Daytona Daytona FS2
2 22 Sat 1:00 AM Wendell Scott: A Race Story   ESPNC
2 22 Sat 2:30 AM NASCAR Now   ESPN2
2 22 Sat 9:00 AM NASCAR K&N Pro Series New Smyrna FS1
2 22 Sat 10:00 AM NSCS Final Practice Daytona FS1
2 22 Sat 12:00 PM NNS Countdown Daytona ESPN
2 22 Sat 1:15 PM NNS: DRIVE4COPD 300 Daytona ESPN
2 22 Sat 5:00 PM The Day: Daytona Primetime Daytona FS2
2 22 Sat 6:00 PM Return of the 3 Daytona FS2
2 22 Sat 7:00 PM Fox Sports 1 on 1: Jimmie Johnson   FS2
2 22 Sat 10:30 PM NSCS Final Practice Daytona FS2
2 22 Sat 11:00 PM Return of the 3 Daytona FS1
2 23 Sun 3:30 AM NNS: DRIVE4COPD 300 Daytona ESPN2
2 23 Sun 10:00 AM SportsCenter Special   ESPN2
2 23 Sun 10:00 AM Daytona 500 Bash at the Beach   FS1
2 23 Sun 11:00 AM NASCAR RaceDay Daytona FS1
2 23 Sun 12:00 PM NSCS Pre-Race Show Daytona FOX
2 23 Sun 1:00 PM NSCS: Daytona 500 Daytona FOX
2 23 Sun 1:00 PM NSCS: Daytona 500 Daytona FOX Deportes
2 23 Sun 5:00 PM NASCAR Victory Lane Daytona FS1
2 23 Sun 6:00 PM Wendell Scott: A Race Story   ESPNC
2 23 Sun 10:00 PM NASCAR Victory Lane Daytona FS1
2 23 Sun 10:30 PM Fox Sports 1 on 1: Jimmie Johnson   FS1
2 24 Mon 4:00 PM NASCAR Race Hub   FS1
2 24 Mon 5:00 PM NASCAR Race Hub   FS2
2 24 Mon 5:00 PM NASCAR America   NBCSN
2 24 Mon 9:00 PM NASCAR K&N Pro Series New Smyrna FS2
2 25 Tues 2:00 AM NASCAR Now   ESPN2
2 25 Tues 11:00 AM NASCAR Race Hub   FS1
2 25 Tues 5:00 PM Fox Sports 1 on 1: Jimmie Johnson   FS2
2 25 Tue 5:00 PM NASCAR America   NBCSN
2 25 Tues 5:30 PM NASCAR Race Hub   FS2
2 26 Wed 2:00 AM NASCAR Now   ESPN2
2 26 Wed 12:00 PM NASCAR Race Hub   FS1
2 26 Wed 1:00 PM Fox Sports 1 on 1: Jimmie Johnson   FS1
2 26 Wed 5:00 PM NASCAR Race Hub   FS2
2 26 Wed 5:00 PM NASCAR America   NBCSN
2 27 Thurs 2:00 AM NASCAR Now   ESPN2
2 27 Thurs 11:00 AM NASCAR Race Hub   FS1
2 27 Thurs 5:00 PM NASCAR Race Hub   FS2
2 27 Thu 5:00 PM NASCAR America   NBCSN
2 28 Fri 1:30 AM NASCAR Now   ESPN2
2 28 Fri 12:30 PM Fox Sports 1 on 1: Jimmie Johnson   FS1
2 28 Fri 1:00 PM NNS Practice Phoenix FS1
2 28 Fri 2:00 PM NSCS Practice Phoenix FS1
2 28 Fri 3:30 PM Fox Sports 1 on 1: Jimmie Johnson   FS1
2 28 Fri 4:00 PM NASCAR Race Hub   FS1
2 28 Fri 5:00 PM NNS Practice Phoenix FS1
2 28 Fri 6:30 PM NSCS Coors Light Pole Qualifying Phoenix FS1
2 28 Fri 8:00 PM NSCS Re-air: Daytona 500 Daytona FS1

Apologies that Fox has chosen to put some of their high profile events on one of their least distributed cable channels.

I wonder why they would do that? That's not right for race fans.

You should let them know how disappointed you are: http://msn.foxsports.com/feedback

Regular Contributor

ComcastTeds., since this forum isn't resolving the issue at hand, post a link and contact to the appropriate person/department so it can be handled properly instead of wasting everyone's time with your responses please.