Xfinity Community Forum

Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts
New to the Community? Start here.

Fox News channel pixelated and sound problems

New Poster
Solved!

Fox News channel pixelated and sound problems

Fox News channel is ONLY channel on my Xfinity TV having issues with pixelating and poor sound quality. This has been happening the past few weeks. Is this intentional? 

Gold Problem Solver
Solution

Re: Fox News channel pixelated and sound problems

hmu123 wrote:

Fox News channel is ONLY channel on my Xfinity TV having issues with pixelating and poor sound quality. This has been happening the past few weeks. Is this intentional? 

It is not intentional and more than likely an issue with the frequency that FOX is being delivered to you on.... are you also experiecning this on an adjacent channel to FOX ( up or down) ?  To fix, call into Comcast at 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 and ask for a Tech to be dispatched to your residence so that ht issue can be evaluated and corrected,

New Poster

My thoughts exactly!  I would like to get the fair and balanced news uniterupted.  This has become very annoying. 

New Poster

I have been having the exact same problems since last year as well (roughly corresponding with the presidential election season) -- and, as you experienced, only with Fox News and some of its associated outlets.  I've often thought about gathering evidence for a class action lawsuit -- I wonder how many others experienced this same problem?  Maybe Comcast accomplished its goal of shifting its subscribers away from Fox?

I have a standalone decoder with a CableCard too, and there are zero problems with it -- the signal coming into the house is fine.  It appears to be Comcast's cable box. Maybe they were hacked by the Chinese?

This is why Comcast should never have been allowed to merge with NBC.  

How do we get reimbursed for the contract breach and fraud?

kbt

Contributor

Yep here too, I doubt that it's just an accident that it's ALWAYS FOX that they have issues with. I'm thinkin' maybe it't time to find a maybe less politically motivated cable or satellite service...it's happening WAY too often lately, and so far, fox seems to be the ONLY channel I'm getting with the problem.

Contributor

yep, happens here ALL the time, and they CLAIM they're not intentionally screwing with it, but it's ALWAYS the ONLY channel this happens to, and it happens A LOT !!!

New Poster

My foxnews has been muffled for the last 2 or 3 weeks. And it's the only Channel that's like that. Something is up 😕
New Poster

Fox news channel is especially bad today, impossible to watch and even the soundtrack is intermittent. Switch one channel up to CNN, it's perfect. Maybe CNN is not as popular, and there is a bandwidth problem for Fox?

Regular Visitor

Having the same problem.

Regular Visitor

It is just happening on Fox  channel 820., no other channels. 

Expert

If you are having a service issue, please post in the appropriate service forum so we can help you individually. TY! 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hello kgoodhome, if you see pixelation on just one channel then the network feed could be the cause or your equipment. Pixelation is caused by a poor signal or a bad network file, I checked your account and I show you have more than one cable box. Do you see the same issue on all of your equipment? 

Highlighted
Official Employee

All -  I can tell you that signal issues have no politics. Generally, pixilation and audio-video dropout issues are almost always related to local or individual signal or connection issues. The issue can occur on a single channel or multiple channels due to the frequency or frequency range that the channel is delivered on. Changes in temperatures can also aggravate the issue.

Check to be sure that all of your cable connections are snug.

Box swaps, box refreshes and multiple box refreshes may not resolve this issue if there is an underlying local signal issue.

A technician visit may be required so that the signal levels can be reviewed and adjusted if necessary. There is no charge for the technician visit if the issue is determined to be with our equipment or originating outside your home.

Thanks again for your patience.

l