Community Forum

Fox News and Business News ONLY are freezing up and cutting out for 2-3 seconds intermittently.

New Poster

Fox News and Business News ONLY are freezing up and cutting out for 2-3 seconds intermittently.

This has been going on for at least 2 weeks now. I waited for it to resolve itself because no other channels were involved. Finally reset the box last night with no success. Anyone else see this?

Expert

Re: Fox News and Business News ONLY are freezing up and cutting out for 2-3 seconds intermittently.

Problems that crop up on just a few frequencies are generally caused by a bad signal.

I would recheck all connections in your house from the coaxial cable coming in: Splitters, connections at cable-box, cables between boxes and televisions. A cable mat have been pulled and loose on either connector end.

If this doen't work, Comcast may need to check lines outside to your house.

New Poster

Re: Fox News and Business News ONLY are freezing up and cutting out for 2-3 seconds intermittently.

I have been having the same issue for many weeks now - thought it was just my house and ready to call comcast and complain but sure looks like more people are having this issue. very frustrating

Official Employee

@tobi3steve wrote:

I have been having the same issue for many weeks now - thought it was just my house and ready to call comcast and complain but sure looks like more people are having this issue. very frustrating

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.  

I can tell you that signal issues have no politics.

Generally, pixilation and audio-video dropout issues are almost always related to local or individual signal or connection issues. The issue can occur on a single channel or multiple channels due to the frequency or frequency range that the channel is delivered on. Changes in temperatures can also aggravate the issue.

Check to be sure that all of your cable connections are snug.

Box swaps, box refreshes and multiple box refreshes may not resolve this issue if there is an underlying local signal issue.

Give us a call at 1-800-XFINITY and we can start the troubleshooting process and get this resolved. A technician visit may be required so that the signal levels can be reviewed and adjusted if necessary. There is no charge for the technician visit if the issue is determined to be with our equipment or originating outside your home.

Thanks again for your patience.

Official Employee

Hi, tobi3steve - I was able to confirm you currently have a tech visit scheduled. I would like to follow up after, to make sure the tech was able to get this resolved for you. Is that ok with you?

New Poster

yes - thank you, I am hoping for an great outcome.

Official Employee

@tobi3steve - How was the tech visit? 

New Poster

It appears there were issues at my home and also my neighbors - hopefully it has been resolved now. The tech worked on the outside,