Community Forum

Fox News Roku App will not work using xfinity credential.

New Poster

Re: Fox News Roku App will not work using xfinity credential.

@ADiazENG wrote:
OK guys; good news. While the FOXNEWS ROKU app fails with Xfinity credentials, you can get FOX NEWS live through the FOXNOW ROKU app using Xfinity credentials and it works. It even show the commercials instead of just going silent during commercial breaks. It even includes on demand Fox shows like Last Man Standing, Mars, Family Guy, etc.. So, abandon the FOXNEWS ROKU app in favor of FOXNOW on your ROKU.
πŸ‘ŠπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Contributor

@ADiazENG wrote:
OK guys; good news. While the FOXNEWS ROKU app fails with Xfinity credentials, you can get FOX NEWS live through the FOXNOW ROKU app using Xfinity credentials and it works. It even show the commercials instead of just going silent during commercial breaks. It even includes on demand Fox shows like Last Man Standing, Mars, Family Guy, etc.. So, abandon the FOXNEWS ROKU app in favor of FOXNOW on your ROKU.
πŸ‘ŠπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Tags (0)

Thanks for the foxnow idea. 
New Poster

activation code for foxnews app

The issue is not the Foxnews app or the platform you are running it on, it's the website you go to to activate is broken. The field you would enter the activation code into on the website is turned off or deleted from the webpage! Hard to believe Foxnews engineers are not aware of this?! Dont waste your time deleting and reinstalling the Foxnews app. It's not the app! It's not the hardware (roku appletv firetv etc) Its the webpage foxnews.com/activate that is the problem!!!! Call FoxNews and complain!
Tags (1)
Expert

Re: activation code for foxnews app

@ICU812MANY2 wrote:
The issue is not the Foxnews app or the platform you are running it on, it's the website you go to to activate is broken. The field you would enter the activation code into on the website is turned off or deleted from the webpage! Hard to believe Foxnews engineers are not aware of this?! Dont waste your time deleting and reinstalling the Foxnews app. It's not the app! It's not the hardware (roku appletv firetv etc) Its the webpage foxnews.com/activate that is the problem!!!! Call FoxNews and complain!

Make sure you type the URL address directly on the URL line found at the top pages. Using other search methods does not always find the actual link needed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: activation code for foxnews app

FOXNOW APP ON ROKU. Problem solved.
New Poster

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm watching Tucker Carlson and thinking he would have a good time with this information. It is truly the ONLY app that has to be deleted and reinstalled sometimes several times in a day. Blocking conservative apps will just further justify everything conservatives believe about the left: t hst they are a bunch of whiney punks that throw temper tantrums when they don't get their way. I didn't feel this way until my desire to see all angles was deterred. Fix this immediately Comcast.
Regular Visitor

I downloaded the FoxNow app and deleted my old Fox News and Fox Business News apps.  The Fox Now app will let you scroll over to all Fox channels live and does not require constant delete and relogging of user info: one set up with your provider log in info is all it took.  I have only done this for 4 days but so far so good......

New Poster

It's hard to believe this thread is over a year old and still unresolved.

I recently switched from a Tivo Bolt and Minis to an Xfinity DVR since it is required for plans that include Netflix.  The selling point was that I could watch all the content using a combination of the Xfinity app and individual channel apps without having to rent additional boxes from Comcast.  The Xfinity and Foxnow apps both let me watch Fox News live without having to constantly reauthenticate but neither one lets me easily catch up on Fox News shows (The Xfinity app doesn't list Fox News shows under Browse/News, and Foxnow simply doesn't have them on demand).  Actually the more I realize how difficult it is to find on-demand sources for fox news shows outside their own app the more I'm starting to agree that Comcast wants to suppress them.  When I contacted Comcast about not supporting the Starz app their response was to use Xfinity Stream, so they obviously no longer care about 3rd party apps and only want to support their own.

Contributor

I posted the work around
Use FOXNOW instead
Select live tv then fox news

You'll even get other fox channels to boot.
New Poster

Great fix so far!

New Poster

Which is a great suggestion if the Xfinity Stream app allowed me to cast
New Poster

Re: Fox News Roku App will not work using xfinity credential. START EMAIL CAMPAIGN!

I have the same problem. But I think it is a ROKU problem. Because Xfinity membership on AppleTV works with FoxNews; so I guess it is not an Xfinity or FoxNews issue.
New Poster

Re: Fox News Roku App will not work using xfinity credential. START EMAIL CAMPAIGN!

Just FYI, when I was on wow the Fox News app always worked..