Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Fox News Roku App will not work using xfinity credential.

New Poster

Regular Visitor

Re: Fox News Roku App will not work using xfinity credential.

I have been fighting this issue as well.  Xfinity, can you please fix this issue!!!!

Tags (2)
New Poster

I am having problem as well.  It worked first day and now it does not.  Any feedback yet?

New Poster

Had the same issue...easy fix.  Remove the Channel then Add it agian.  Go thru the sign in stuff...When you enter the Comcast ID and PW you have a box that states "Stay Signed In"  CHECK THIS BOX.  This keeps you signed in when you select other channels on your Roku and then return to the Fox News Channel. This worked for me.  Also, if you want Fox Business Channel it is also on the Fox News Roku App when you select "Watch Live".  No need to have both apps.  Hope this helps. 

New Poster

Sorry it worked and now the easy fix failed!! Getting the same results, the following message is reported:

"Service Provider Issue - Your service provider currently doesn't grant access to this content.  Please contact them for more details."  Foxnews App on Roku It seems to work on first or second viewing, come back to use again and the message appears.  Comcast please fix!!

New Poster

Each time you remove the channel and go through the whole process it works for that session. Once you leave the error message returns. This happens even after check in the "Keep me signed in" box. Please fix this ASAP!!!

New Poster

I'm having same issue! Frustrating.
New Poster

Removing and re-adding the channel and still getting the error message. It worked a couple times doing that, now it won't. Any ideas how to fix this??
Frequent Visitor

YAY! SUCCESS streaming FoxNews on ROKU with Comcast as provider..
from ROKU home screen click on FoxNews app
Navigate to SETTINGS
Click log out of provider
Exit back to ROKU main wall
Select FosNews again this time navigate to stream live. Click that. It will prompt you to login to you provider account (comcast for me) it will generate a new activation code.
Go to your PC / Laptop or smart phone and goto
http://www.comcast.com/activate (or your provider's activation page)
Enter the new activation code
It will reactivate your ROKU device
then just wait... It may take up to 2 mins but has worked for me usually in 30 seconds or so. Because you were interrupted on your way to a live stream by the login process. it will continue on, to the live stream and Violá !
It's a pain I know but if you're like me and keep Foxnews on all day while you do other things around the house then its worth it.
I hope Comcast fixes this soon but they're not really fans of conservative tv so....

Regular Visitor

I had the same problem listed before, worked the first do but no longer!

Regular Visitor

could not find the box where it says stay signed in??

New Poster

Having the same problem. Works once, for the retrieval of one show, then after that, you're kicked out and get the message about the "service provider issue." When you look at the settings, it shows that the account is still signed in. I think this is NBC pulling some funny business! Because remember this Comcast(Xfinity) stuff is NBC owned. They're trying to suppress FNC and conservatives.  I would not be surprised. You call the help center and those people have no idea what is going on, either. They are incapable of solving it. And no it is not a "Roku issue." We are onto you guys over at NBC, and we demand that you fix this now! 

New Poster

I think the CA systems app might have something to do with it. I’m experiencing the same as everyone else. The roku Fox News channel asks for the code after my account has been vfied with xfunity
Never experienced this order nor sequence with any other subscriber roku channel. It’s annoying having to activate every time. Xfunity get with CA systems and get the problem fixed. TY if you are reading. If not, you’re not a provider you’re a taker.
Frequent Visitor

Yeah.. That's not going to happen. You see, they want you to get frustrated and give up trying to watch Fox and go to CNN for a liberal brain washing.
It will never work right.
I reactivate every time because I'd rather poke my eyeball with a fork than watch CNN.
New Poster

I'm having the same issue.  For the short time I got to see the app working I see that it is an excellent app. It has archived shows and show highlights. I have a hard time staying up to watch Hannity,  and it would be great to see it in the Morning. Xfinity wants you to rent their boxes and DVRs. I just returned all my boxes except for One HD box. I am saving $765.00 a year. I can see why they do not want people using streaming devices. All the other news apps work on my ROKU, CBS, NBC, CNN but not Fox News. Seams there is some bias here.

Regular Visitor

there is no place to check to stay signed in

New Poster

The fact that Comcast hasn't responded to anyone in this thread tells you everything you need to know
New Poster

The last post fron Dbeauch on Comcast/Xfinity's failure to reply is spot on.  No other channel has to be re logged daily.  Once again Main Stream Media/NBC tries their best to block conservative points of view.

Frequent Visitor

Last night 5/29/18 #POTUS spoke at a rally in Tennessee. The moment it started xfinity knocked my router off line. I watch via my computer so I don't have to pay the receiver fee. Did not come back online until the really was over. So.... I watched it on my Android phone F. U. Xfinity !
New Poster

Amazing coincidence....i think not!

New Poster

Hi Xfinity Forum Watcher and His/Her Supervisor Whose Job it is to Find Stuff Here and Make Sure it Gets Fixed,

Folks upthread:  I don't think this is a conspiracy, but I do think someone is having some fun with this issue.  This is the number one search result on google for "xfinity roku fox news" and several other variations.  This issue has been live on this forum since January, 2018.  That's about six months.  Stuff like this DOES get fixed unless...unless there is an employee, or maybe a couple/few (supervisor of that employee, at a minimum will be considered culpable), having a little fun with the situation.  I'm sure you're enjoying this thread right here.  I think the fun is done.

This story is probably, oh, a single phone call away from making the news and embarrassing you, and hurting your shareholder value.  At that point, Comcast would probably be compelled to really dig around and figure out who exactly has been having fun with this issue.  I'd suggest, fun guy(s) or gal(s), that you and/or your friends escalate this issue as it should have been long ago, and make sure it's fixed pronto.  If not, I will do what I can to ensure that the fun you're having cost Comcast some dough, and you your job(s).

Fix my app,

Daskol  

Contributor

Still does not work.

New Poster

You have to use a different search engine..

Frequent Visitor

A different search engine???
ROKU has an "APP" repository where we can only choose from those contracted with ROKU. The CA app is our only choice within ROKU. Sooo.........
Contributor

Dont understand? 

My problem is that when I activate the Foxnews app on my Roku 4 using my Xfinity credetials, the credentials will not stay loaded.   When I exit the Foxnews app, I cannot go back without going through the activation process again.

Contributor

thats what I do.  But as you say its a pain.  My solution was to get a trial of Hulu Live tv and use those credentials.  they will work for about 90 days after you cancel the free trial.

New Poster

I have been experiencing the same issues described in this thread, but have been able to login successfully countless times, until yesterday. Beginning yesterday, I cannot get past the Xfinity login screen to get to the page where you enter the activation code. I have spent hours on the phone with Comcast regular and advanced support. This is beyond frustrating.

BTW, the Fox News app on Roku is not a CA Technologies app. CA pays Fox News do display them on the app splash screen as an advertisement, at least that's whet they tell me.

Logging out on xfinity.com gets me the odd message shown in the attachment.

Something is broken and no one will take responsilbility.

2018-06-10_0-15-22.jpg
Contributor

Well I thought the same and contacted them. They did have a part in development of the app. Dead end thought. Xfinity wil do nothing. I spoke with folks in Philly with no luck.  Can’t find a live person with Roku or Fox. I did find a communication person and sent them link to thIs discussion. It seems nobody gives a ________. 

Contributor

I even went to Sean Hannity and gave him link. 

Frequent Visitor

They underestimate us. Most of us would rather uninstall the app. Reinstall the app and re activate than to watch any MSM!
It's like changing a diaper. Not fun but it's got to be done.
New Poster

That was a great analogy!!
New Poster

foxnews.com/activate Does not allow the user to enter a Code!
Untitled.png
Contributor

Chrome works.
Frequent Visitor

Same here. I don't get the box to enter the code either. I'm streaming it from my pc to my tv via Chromecast. I had to open PLEX in chrome so that the stream symbol appears in the right hand corner. Then I open another tab. The stream icon appears In every tab so I sign into xfinity.com and chose to watch live tv. I click on fox news then click the stream icon and select my Chromecast device. My ROKU did not appear. It's a bit choppy at time but I'm going kicking and screaming into that good night 😡😡😡😡😡 I rate this process with 5 angry faces.
There's a beta ROKU app called Xfinity stream beta. I tried to install it. It failed for me. Maybe my ROKU is too old. Give that a shot you'll have to use the search channel option. It's beta so ....
Contributor

Been using xfinity stream for over a year.  Its the best streaming app I have used.  I have tried them all. FuBO, DirecttvNow, and HuluLive TV. Also I discovered a way to get the foxnews episodes.  Added the free version Plex media server to my desktop.  Then added the Plex app to my Roku 4. Under channels in Plex is Foxnews channel. Select it and the second selection and you will see episodes.  Computer you load Plex to has to be on your network.  Mine is wired.  But wifi will work too.

New Poster

Enjoy the Stream (Beta) app while it is free. Comcast will charge you for using it when it becomes a general release and limit you to your home stream.
Frequent Visitor

The xfinity app on your phone is not the same as the 'xfinity stream beta' for ROKU, Fire stick etc. The app on your phone has been out of beta for a long time. Xfinity stream beta is their answer to HULU, Sling TV, etc. It refused to install on my ROKU so I couldn't give you a review. We'll always be able to view on our phone and pc. If the phone app ever stopped working. You can just open your browser and hit it right from xfinity.com Anyway Im just going to get another Chromecast on eBay for my livingroom. I've been streaming my pc to my bedroom tv ever since I returned my cable box last year. My ROKU is in the livingroom, bigger tv. Long story short. FOXNEWS app on ROKU will never work until the day #POTUS is out of office in 2024 or 2032 after Pence gets his 8.
👊😎👍
Frequent Visitor

I don't want to see episodes after the fact I need live... & on demand
New Poster

New Poster

New Poster

Comcast & a zillion others are supporting #Resist and democratic values (hatred).

New Poster

They really do not care. 

New Poster

LOL! Love it. 

New Poster

Advanced Comcast support finally tells me they cannot fix it and I need to contact Fox News, which I did. I don't believe it. I am convinced Comcast broke their login page when called from Fox News on purpose. Their policy is this: if you receive any content from Comcast on any device, they must get paid. When they start calling the "Xfinity Stream Beta" app "Xfinity Stream", if you use it you will be paying for it.

Contributor

I contacted Roku in January,  This was the reply:

We did reach Fox News and they have an identified bug. The issue is expected to be resolved by them. Try to remove the channel again, restart your player, and then re-add the channel. Unfortunately, we don’t have a status update on the bug for now, you’d want to get in contact with Fox directly.

I did what they said and it didn’t work. Interesting that it works with hulu credentials. 

I never got an answer from Fox.

Contributor

How do you contact Fox?
Contributor

www.foxnews.com/help

I used this link.

The last time I did it, they never replied, I just sent another support request, we shall see. I also send a message to comcast cares on twitter.

Contributor

I was working with comcast to resolve the reauthorization issue. At this point, I am was unable to input an auth. code to sign in at all. Here is the reply from Comcast

I was able to look into this further for you and this is actually a known issue with the Fox News website and app. When Comcast XFINITY is chosen as a provider, it is redirecting our customers to sign in again. There is an open work order to get this issue resolved however, there is not an estimated time of resolution at the moment. Since there wouldn’t be a way for you to access your XFINITY services through this third party app until this is resolved, the recommended work around is to access the Fox News channel through the Xfinity Stream app or website. –IB

Contributor

OR

Get a Hulu Live TV Trial and use those credentials.  Cancel trial after credentials are entered.  It has lasted for me over 3 months.

Contributor

Re: Fox News Roku App will not work using xfinity credential. START EMAIL CAMPAIGN!

Email this person: irena.briganti@foxnews.com.  She the communications person.  For othe ways to communicate with FoxNews go here >>> https://www.wikihow.com/Contact-Fox-News