Community Forum

Fox News Roku App will not work using xfinity credential.

Contributor

Re: Fox News Roku App will not work using xfinity credential. START EMAIL CAMPAIGN!

I received an email from the FoxNews digital team. They working now with Xfinity to rectify the situation.  

New Poster

Fox News Roku App will not work using xfinity credential.

I am having the same issue with Fox News, Roku, and Xfinity. I have tried everything. It worked for months, and now I am unable to enter the code. I have deleted the app and reinstalled, updated the settings, tried different browsers, etc. Is this problem only happening with Comcast/Xfinity?

New Poster

Re: Fox News Roku App will not work using xfinity credential.

Was glad to read your post. At least I'm not crazy! I agree with everything you said. I have tried to get help--no one takes responsibility. I am really surprised that some super smart techy person hasn't posted. Then again, maybe someone has tried to post, and it has been eliminated. It seems odd that there is dead silence on fixing this issue.

Contributor

It is part of problem.
Contributor

But Email this person: irena.briganti@foxnews.com to and explain this issue.
Contributor

Email this person: irena.briganti@foxnews.com and explain your issues with app. The more we touch this person, the more likely it get resolved quickly.
Contributor

Got this message today.

Hey Bill,

This issue did appear to be on the Comcast/Xfinity side. We have worked with them and the issue appears to be resolved, please let me know if you experience otherwise!

Please test. Remember you have to have at least the standard def cable plan that includes Fox news.
Contributor

Well, I was able to activate and login, let’s see how long it takes to get authenticate again. Thanks for the update that they fixed something

Contributor

Keep this group posted on your test!

Bill

Contributor

I had to reauthorize after exiting the app on roku. oh well. 

Contributor

Same here. I have sent info to my digital group contact.
Contributor

Fox news responded.

Darn, alright thanks Bill. This seemed to have resolved one problem but not this one. I'll continue to work on this today.
Contributor

whybrd, thanks!

Regular Visitor

I still have to Log Out and then Log In with my Xfinity/Comcast credentials when ever i want to turn Fox News on again.  Is the repair/fix done and if so do i need to delete then add back the Fox News channel.  Frustrating.......

Contributor

It's still a problem. My contact at Fox news digital sent me note that they working on. They did fix the problem with signing in. Many were having a with getting to the point where you enter code.
Contributor

Re: message from Fox digital group

Hey Bill, just to give you some background on what is going on:

There are two statuses you receive when you login to your Roku, Authenticated and Authorized.

Authentication refers your username and password and whether they work or not, Authorized refers to your permission to actually watch the content once you log in.

What we're seeing here is you are successfully authenticated, but are losing your authorization status somewhere along the line. So you still see the logo since you are technically logged in, but Comcast is coming back and saying you are not authorized to watch the content.

We're trying to figure out why this is happening. I attribute this to some kind of technical glitch, the tech folks at Xfinity have been helpful in trying to identify this. Rest assured I'm working with them again today to get this fixed ASAP!
Contributor

Sent your info to fox digital group. I have had some of the pixel stuff too. I back out to an episode and back in.

Also have had those issues with college football.

Will
Contributor

Did I do something wrong?
Contributor

Relax.
I think it was my post that got deleted. I used "that word" which describes the content of a diaper.
'Mia Culpa'
Anyway; my follow up report:
It vasilates between true HDMI hi-definition and sub standard. At least it's working. Maybe they're still tweaking the code.
I'll give it a few days, it should be stabilized soon now that they're on top of it.
New Poster

Ruko Foxnews Live app not working 6/21/118

Blue screen Service Provider Issue.. Your service provider currently grant access this content.

Contributor

Broken again. Now I'm positive it is broken on purpose. Back streaming to chromecast. Why am I not surprised.
Contributor

Same here!

Contributor

Got another email fro Fox and they are still working on problem.  Any and all details about problems you are having is helpful.  

Regular Visitor

I continue to get the blue screen that states: "Service Provider Issue....Your service provider currently doesn't grant access to this content.  Please contact them for more details."  So my procedure is to: Log Out Provider...Log in Provider...go to foxnews.com/activate and enter the code below.....blah blah blah that we all have to do........

New Poster

Now we're back to the "old issue" where you can sign in once, and it works.  Next time you try to open the App, you get the service provider issue.  ComcastXfinity:  get this fixed, please.  We want our Fox news.

Contributor

I am working with a contact at the Fox Digital Group and they are working on it. 

Bill

Regular Visitor

Good luck whbyrd 13

Contributor

They were able to get the activation fixed. But the authorization only lasts 30 minutes to an hour. That’s why we have activate constantly. 

Bill

Contributor

Got message this morning from Fox Digital.  They have recieved a technical report and have a meeting today to try and track down the glitch in the system.  He said this has been tough to fix.  But they are working very hard.  Goal is to get resolved prior to the 4th.  Also he has access to this forum and is viewing often.  So anything different you see, post it.

Contributor

whybrd13,

Thanks for keeping us posted. You have gotten further than I have trying to get a resolution. 

New Poster

I've had the same problem. Very annoying. But...I just went to the channel store on Roku.com and installed the xfinity beta app. Seems to be working well with that.

Contributor

All programming projects use version control management programs that allow a programmer to "check out" the project, like checking out a book at the library. Because multiple programmers may be contributing code to the project, project version control management prevents two or more programmers making changes simultaneously and over writing each other's code changes.
This version control software logs which programmer has checked out the project at any given time.
Check the logs immediately after it was fixed. It will reveal which programmer checked out the project and deliberately breaks the code on purpose because of his / her political bias against FoxNew and all things conservative. You have a liberal extremist working there who thinks that it's his / her righteous patriotic duty to #resist & #obstruct the right. The GOP. #POTUS and all of his supporters. Find him and fire him. Do it now before FOXNEWS takes a letigious solution to this madness.
Contributor

BTW Xfinity Stream BETA does not work with all ROKUs. Perhaps my ROKU is too old but the BETA fails to load for mine. I'm not going to buy a new ROKU because Xfinity didn't build in backwards compatibility. I just watch on my laptop. It works 100% of the time I use a 50ft HDMI cable and use my 50 inch HDMI TV as a monitor. I don't even care if the snowflakes keep the non beta ROKU app broken.
I flip him the bird and watch on my 50' tv my way ✊😎👍 booyah !
Mike drop 🎤
Contributor

Digital Team believes they may have found the problem.  They need approval from the boss to move forward to write code to fix problem.

Bill

Regarding xfintystream beta app for Roku.  I have 4s and 3s and it works fine for me.  

Bill

New Poster

Still a problem 7-5-18, logging out of provider and logging back in does not work; deleting app and reinstalling also does not work.

Highlighted
Contributor

Well guys while they're working on "The Fix" that we all know is never coming until after the primaries in November.(If that)
HBO IS FREE THIS WEEKEND TODAY SAT 7/6-78. watch it on your phone or pc. These free bees are few and far apart.
New Poster

Well today is 7/23/18.  I started searching for a solution as to why FNC, FBN doesn't work, and I ended up here.  I haven't tried the reload/re-sign in thing yet.   I get the same messages as everyone else above me has.  I have 2 brand new Rokus and 1 older one, both the same thing.

I'm not much for conspiricy theories, but there sure is alot of evidence here.  I saw dates in this thread going back to January.  They can't fix this problem in 7 months?....hmmm...

For the record, I can watch pre-recorded shows just fine.  Also special broadcasts (like Summer Concert Series) work, FoxNews radio also works.  It's only the live streaming or FNC and FBN.

Contributor

As a veteran computer network engineer / Database & Application Programmer I can fix this broken authentication problem in one afternoon. So can they.
If it's not fixed by now, it never will be.
Now I activate & watch. When I decide to watch another network I go to settings and log off provider before going to the main menu.
When I want to watch FoxNews I re-activate when I come back to Fox. If I logout before going to main menu, no issues. Good enough.
New Poster

That is the short term fix, but if you navigate away you will need to re-log-out ab re log-in.  This is a serous problem. 

Regular Contributor

The Starz app will NEVER work using Xfinity Credentials the same goes for NFL Network.  Xfinity wants to shove the bit starved 720p linear programming down our throats.  

New Poster

Same thing happens on Fire TV, we are switching to Frontier as they are a good provider here in the bradenton-sarasota area.

This is direct censorship and we will not stand for it so as long as there are other providers we will use them.
New Poster

All other apps work fine.  Only fails with FoxNews. Xfinity owns NBC.  It's not a ROKU problem. Need I say more?

New Poster

Re: Fox News Roku App will not work using xfinity credential. START EMAIL CAMPAIGN!

Where are the dates on these posts? I’m writing this on 8-22-18 and having exactly the same problem. Grrrrr.

Contributor

Bill,

Any news from the digital team?

Thanks

M

Digital Team believes they may have found the problem.  They need approval from the boss to move forward to write code to fix problem.

Bill

Regarding xfintystream beta app for Roku.  I have 4s and 3s and it works fine for me.  

Bill

Regular Visitor

Tried Fox News this morning, this is still a problem and had to re authorize.  Not good.

New Poster

My question is why is this only a problem for Fox News? My other apps HBO, Showtime, CW, ect. all work fine...

New Poster

Download the xfinity app. Fox News channel works on it. 

Contributor

Got it. It does work but won't let you stream from your phone to ROKU or Chromecast. I use it when I'm out of the house. I just watch on my pc using Google Chrome browser. It has native Chromecast-ing built-in. I stream from pc to my 50" HD tv. I refuse to pay a monthly rental on a cable receiver box.
New Poster

October. Same issue.
Contributor

OK guys; good news. While the FOXNEWS ROKU app fails with Xfinity credentials, you can get FOX NEWS live through the FOXNOW ROKU app using Xfinity credentials and it works. It even show the commercials instead of just going silent during commercial breaks. It even includes on demand Fox shows like Last Man Standing, Mars, Family Guy, etc.. So, abandon the FOXNEWS ROKU app in favor of FOXNOW on your ROKU.
👊😎👍