Community Forum

Food Network

New Poster

Food Network

Why, all of a sudden, is Food Network only available by subsription?  When I first got Xfinity a couple of months ago, it was free.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Food Network

Probably a change in your subscription.  Have you looked at your latest statement?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/local-channel-lineup/

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I’m wondering the same thing and no, I haven’t changed a thing on my account 😕
Regular Visitor

They baited and switched us. We watch MAYBE 5-6 channels on the tier we had and Food Network was one of them. I’m furious at this blatant attempt to force us into a more expensive tier. Then they wonder why people are cutting the cord and putting up antennas again in droves??
New Poster

I am done with Comcast. It's been over a year for them to even get my billing correct. Will start looking for other ways for me. Can't believe they took away Food Network...shame on them
New Poster

Same problem here. I didn't do anything to change my subscription. They just took it away from us. This is ridiculous!

New Poster

Same here- super angry
New Poster

This is unacceptable. The food network was included in whatever plan we have. Now it is not available. The message says not included in our subscription. This is a shame. Comcast/Xfinity is worse than I thought. I will consider dropping TV service if this is not resolved.
New Poster

We just experienced the same thing.  And it is not just the Food Network.  Cartoon Network is suddenly gone too.  And I'm sure others are as well.  My wife talked to customer "service" who explained to her that there was nothing they could do because the broadcasters, not Comcast, determine what tier their channel appears in?!  That is a blantant, basic, lazy "not our fault" excuse.  I do not believe this for a second.  Comcast contracts with the broadcasters to be able to provide the channel/content in their service, but don't pretend that Comcast has no say in what tier each channel falls into and what they charge the customer to be able to see it.  Less than a year ago we signed up for the 125+ channels package, which included food network and cartoon network.  And now suddenly we're seeing on our bill that we are on the "basic" package for the same price we've been paying.  So Comcast downgraded our channels package without telling us, without notice, and without authorization, and they are still charging the same price LESS THAN A YEAR INTO OUR DEAL.  Additionally, somehow we can still get those channels IF we pay them an additional $20/mo to get to the higher tier.  Its not that the broadcaster, in a dispute with Comcast, decided not to allow Comcast to include their content anymore.  It is still there.  And now I'm supposed to pay $20 more per month to get the SAME service we originally agreed to less than a year ago.  That is NOT the broadcaster, that is Comcast fraud.

I AM NOT HAPPY.  And I am exploring alternatives.  Cutting the cord never looked better.  This is bait and switch.  This is not ok.  And when Comcast is supposedly trying to improve their customer service reputation, this is not helping.