Community Forum

Food Network missing from Channel Lineup

New Poster

Food Network missing from Channel Lineup

Does anyone know why the Food Network has suddenly been removed from my Channel Lineup?  I haven't received any notices about changes in the packages.   Has anyone received any?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Food Network missing from Channel Lineup

If you have Digital Economy TV service (other tiers may be affected as well) check your recent bills for a note about changes in the channel lineup. In South-Central PA, my bill for April included this:

Xfinity TV Changes Effective May 9, 2018: The Weather Channel will only be available on Expanded Basic, Family Tier and new Sports & News tier; Cartoon Network will only be available on Digital Preferred and new Kids & Family tier; Disney Channel will only be available on Expanded Basic, Family Tier and Kids & Family tier; TruTV will only be available on Expanded Basic; Food Network will only be available on Expanded Basic, Family Tier, and new Entertainment tier.

Why? See http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Complaint/m-p/3089427#M154204.

ETA: Location

New Poster

Thank you.
New Poster

I just called Comcast and was told that this was an agreement between Comcast snd the FoodNetwork...you have to upgrade to get this channel. I told them it's pretty disgusting to take away channels but have to pay the same amount. Nothing but another way to screw the general public.
New Poster

I agree, they remove channels and then want to charge extra per month to get that channel. For individuals on a fixed income, they do not have any packages that are economical. They should have a package where you could pick the channels that you want and charge you for only those channels. We get over 100+ channels and probably only view at the most 30 of them.

New Poster

I never received a notice about the food network and it disappeared last night. It is listed on my paper copy of the channel lineup for digital economy but now i am not receiving it and my bill went up a few months ago. Ridiculous!
1526332446752-1137140228.jpg
Gold Problem Solver

@Atljessie wrote: ... It is listed on my paper copy of the channel lineup for digital economy ...

Check your recent bills for a note about changes in the channel lineup. The image you posted is what the lineup was back in October, but Food Network was removed just a few days ago. In my area in South-Central PA, Digital Economy also lost The Weather Channel, Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, and TruTV.