Community Forum

First Weatherscan is removed, now The Weather Channel! Gee, way to go Xfinity!

New Poster

First Weatherscan is removed, now The Weather Channel! Gee, way to go Xfinity!

So in two days, The Weather Channel goes away for those of us on Digital Ecomomy TV.  One of the most popular and informative channels EVER which also provides life-saving weather alerts, is going away.  Taking away Weatherscan wasn't good enough huh?  I'm a 20+ year customer, paying thousands of dollars for my TV service over the years.  This is not cool.  Oh I have PLENTY of Hispanic channels, shopping channels, and religious channels that I've never watched and never will.  I would also mention I'm unemployed and fighting cancer, so "upgrading" is not an option.  Thanks ever so much.  Time to buy an antenna or subscribe elsewhere...

Admin1

Re: First Weatherscan is removed, now The Weather Channel! Gee, way to go Xfinity!

Hi shoodoobee -- I can understand your frustration with The Weather Channel moving to a different lineup. We do offer other ways of obtaining your local weather information. You can upgrade to the Digital Starter package to keep watching The Weather Channel. If you don't wish to upgrade, customers with Xfinity X1 can also use the Weather App located in the Apps menu of their X1 guide to get the forecast. Customers with non-X1 TV Boxes can access local forecasts by selecting Local Weather from the Main Menu.

New Poster

Re: First Weatherscan is removed, now The Weather Channel! Gee, way to go Xfinity!

Where is my weather channel WE HAVE A TORNADO WATCH HOW CAN I SEE WHERE IT'S AT, GREEDY COMCAST, , This is the most important channel. This is just a up sell, for the CS REP to say you can get it if you upgrade AND PAY MORE FOR LESS