Community Forum

FX+....PLEASE tell me how to watch this station!

Contributor

FX+....PLEASE tell me how to watch this station!

I subscribed to this station months ago.

Tonight the new season of American Horror Story premiered on FX and at the very beginning of the episode they announced "if you'd like to watch ad-free, upgrade to FX+".  Well, I do subscribe to that channel but cannot figure out how to watch shows live ad-free!

Are they only available on demand AFTER the episode has aired on regular tv? If so, that is not what I thought I was signing up for.

Can somebody from Comcast help with this? Thanks!

Problem Solver

Re: FX+....PLEASE tell me how to watch this station!

It is not a station. It is a subscription service for ad-free on demand for the FX channels. You cannot watch a show live when it broadcast ad- free. It will show up the next day on FX+ ad-free.

Contributor

Re: FX+....PLEASE tell me how to watch this station!

Thanks but after searching and searching I figured it out. I should have come back here and edited my original post....

You have to have a device like Roku or Apple TV etc and using that device, you have to add the FXNOW app. Then you sign in through your Xfinity credentials and it will show that you have FX+ (if you do) and you can watch shows live when they air. 

Seriously, if I had known that w/o the app you can only view FX+ on demand, I would not have subscribed. The regular FX has their shows on demand after they air and I can ff'd through commercials! I have to give this some thought and see what I decide about keeping this subscription, but as for right now, I guess it's a good thing I already have Roku.

It would appear that Comcast employees don't even have answers to questions about FX+ since there are several threads here and no responses from Comcast......