Community Forum

FREE "WATCHATHON" 2019 starts April 8th

Contributor

Re: Watchathon 2019 Bluprint TV NOT WORKING!

I had this same problem with a different network last night and I restarted my box and it worked fine the next time I tried.

New Poster

i cant watchathon showtime

how come i cant watch most of the tv shows and movies on showtime. it eather wont play or it plays it for a few secounds before stoping saying i cant watch because i havent paided for it. like when i tried to wtch kidding and shameless

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: i cant watchathon showtime

From main menu, select ‘Watchathon Week’ and then ‘Best of Showtime’. I believe that shows the 6 series being made available. (Not ‘Shameless’ e.g,)
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, but no joy. The problem is not on my end. Comcast needs to fix it, but it's hard to get their attention. It's now been 33 hours of "please try again in a few minutes."

Frequent Visitor

<Edited>

This is Watchathon week when Xfinity  offers TV shows and movies from the premium channels like HBO, Showtime, Epix, etc. One of the shows being advertised on the Watchathon page is "A Discovery of Witches," an AMC premium show. I've wasted a lot of time making several attempts to contact Xfinity customer service to find out why Xfinity is offering this show then saying customers must subscribe to the channel to watch it. If the show hadn't been offered in the first place, this would not be an issue. But it is listed with the other shows available to watch this week. So far, everyone in customer service has said, "I don't know; I'll get back to you." Then they never get back to me. Does anyone know what's going on?

Administrator

Re: Xfinity Watchathon 2019

All,

Thank you for posting your questions here in the Xfinity Forum. I am happy to answer some questions related to 2019 Xfinity Watchathon.

• Due to licensing agreements with the content owners, we may not have every season or every episode of Watchathon shows available for viewing during Xfinity Watchathon Week 2019.
  • Select Showtime series will be available for the first three days of Watchathon (April 8-10, 2019) on TV Boxes, online with the Xfinity Stream portal and on mobile devices with the Xfinity Stream app. All Showtime series will be available during the last four days (April 11-14, 2019) across TV Boxes, online with the Xfinity Stream portal and on mobile devices with the Xfinity Stream app.
  • For Internet only customers all you need is your Xfinity username and password and access to Xfinity Stream via the app or online portal. Please note that much of this content is only available during Watchathon through April 14, 2019. An Xfinity TV subscription will be needed afterwards to continue enjoying a large portion of this content.
  • During Xfinity Watchathon 2019 the following WETV contnet will be available; Braxton Family Values, Bridezillas, Extreme Love, Hustle & Soul, Love After Lockup, Mama June: From Hot to Not, Marriage Boot Camp: Hip Hop Edition
  • If you already subscribe to all available premium networks and are looking for new content to watch, you can view select Amazon Prime Video content during Xfinity Watchathon 2019, including: The Man in the High Castle Season 1, Bosch Season 1,The Grand Tour Season 1, Transparent Season 1. Remember, there will be no requirement to sign up for Amazon Prime during or after Watchathon to enjoy this content.
  • Since all available Xfinity Watchathon content is available via OnDemand you will not have the ability to record it and watch it after Xfinity Watchthon 2019 is over. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: FREE "WATCHATHON" 2019 starts April 8th

Could not get Watchathon to work...called and was told it did not apply to my account.??? Thought is was free to try ?

Highlighted
Administrator

@Cejlali,

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. We sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding.

Xfinity Watchathon is available to all Xfinity customers, even customers who do not subscribe to Xfinity TV services.

If you are an Xfinity TV customer with access to Xfinity On Demand, you can watch thousands of episodes from TV's top networks, premium channels and Subscription Video On Demand services.

Not an Xfinity TV customer, but have Xfinity service and an Xfinity username and password? You can still watch a special selection of programs – including full access to the HBO, Cinemax and EPIX lineup – with the Xfinity Stream online portal and app for mobile devices!

Thanks again for posting your question here. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

WATCHATHON 2019 stinks - Netflix dropped, EPIX is HD only!

The Watchathon did not include Netflix for 2019. Epix only allows content to HD subscribers, so it is not available, since I don't have an HD TV or service. I already subscribe to HBO and Showtime. Cinemax mostly shows content that has already been on HBO. So Watchathon is pretty much nothing to me in 2019.

I'm seriously thinking of "cutting the cord." Xfinity is ridiculously high priced and not worth it.

Official Employee

Hi @ringtailedroare

Thanks for using THE Xfinity Forum. Sorry for the delayed response. I wanted to reach out to see if you've been able to resolve this issue? 

New Poster

I got the email last week and was excited to watch stuff since I have xfinity internet and mobile, but not tv. I loaded up the app on my Roku and it said I couldn't use it without a tv subscription. So I gave up.

Cut to today. I got an email about how mobile users can download the mobile app to watch the watchathon. I immediately downloaded it and it let me stream a show.

So I'm pretty disappointed that I didn't know it wouldn't work on Roku but that it would work on mobile.

Fix the Roku app! I thought I misunderstood what watchathon was until I received the email today. Could've been watching this whole week and now I only get the weekend.
New Poster

question about "WATCHATHON" 2019

Can I watch Watchathon shows while they are airing?  For instance, will I be able to watch the new GOT on SUnday ngiht?

Frequent Visitor

Watchaton

Why can I not watch all programs or channels?,only HBO and Showtime

New Poster

WHAT TIME WILL WATCHATHON 2019END

Will watchatheon end for me at 12pm est or will it end for me at midnight west coast time
Frequent Visitor

watchathon

Can you watch game of thrones tonight on HBO watch a thon?