Community Forum

FREE "WATCHATHON" 2019 starts April 8th

Problem Solver

FREE "WATCHATHON" 2019 starts April 8th

Xfinity just announced that its seventh annual “Watchathon Week” is right around the corner, going live from April 8th – 14th, 2019, which means it’s time to start thinking about all the TV shows, and movies you want to catch up on this time around. Stock up on popcorn and get ready to dive into Xfinity’s fan-favorite Watchathon tradition; it’s all free and remember, you don’t have to miss a moment of the action across Xfinity TV platforms and the Xfinity Stream App.

After you’ve decided what to watch, it’s important to remember when to watch. Mark your calendars for April 8th – 14th, when your favorite content will be available across Xfinity TV platforms, including on Xfinity X1, the Xfinity Stream app, and the web portal. Additionally, a selection of programming will be available for Internet-only customers to sample on the Xfinity Stream app.

Watchathon Week is (clearly) the best time of the year for Xfinity TV customers to get caught up on the hottest shows and movies the top networks have to offer. 

If you can’t decide what to watch, allow us to give some suggestions: HBO’s Big Little Lies and Barry are always great choices, as well as SHOWTIME’s Homeland, Ray Donovan, and Shameless. All of these and more are great choices to check out during Watchathon Week. Have some more time on your hands? Watch Bravo’s Below Deck, POP TV’s Schitt’s Creek and NBC’s This is Us from the very beginning!

After you’ve decided what to watch, it’s important to remember when to watch. Mark your calendars for April 8th – 14th, when your favorite content will be available across Xfinity TV platforms, including on Xfinity X1, the Xfinity Stream app, and the web portal. Additionally, a selection of programming will be available for Internet-only customers to sample on the Xfinity Stream app. You don’t want to miss a moment – especially with the eighth (and final) season premiere of Game of Thrones airing on HBO® on April 14th, a perfect way to end your Watchathon Week experience!

If all of this sounds good to you (and let’s face it – it probably does), then make sure you tune in during Watchathon Week, and get ready to do some serious watching. From the best TV series and hit films to the unsung heroes of the small screen, Watchathon Week has it all - no strings attached!

All you have to do is say “Watchathon” into your X1 Voice Remote to get started. So, remember to tune across Xfinity TV platforms including on X1 and the Xfinity Stream app, and see for yourself what all the excitement is about.

More details at the link below.

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/tv-video/get-ready-xfinity-watchathon-week-2019

New Poster

Watchathon Week 2019

When is Watchathon Week 2019?   I did a Google search, but can find no information for the current year.

Official Employee

Re: Watchathon Week 2019

Hi @CantFindInfo

Thank you for posting your question to the Xfinity forum. As of right now, I don't have any information on Watchathon for 2019, but I will try to find some information and follow up with you on this post. Chat with you soon. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I'd like to know the details too. Been googling & finding nothing. Dates? Networks? Premiums? Select programs/series on each of those, or all programs/series on them? 

Sure hoping there's HBO. SHOWTIME & NETFLIX would be a plus. I'm a very long time customer of XFINITY/COMCAST & its predecessor companies & haven't received a free premium trial in 'ages'. Can you provide a one month or longer HBO trial?

(Just an added comment: is XFINITY working on volume control voice commands for X1? Any estimated timeline?).

Official Employee

Hello all, thanks for reaching out about Watchathon week 2019! I definitely understand your concerns as I am eager to find out more about it as well. I do know Watchathon week typically happens at the beginning of April. I was also able to find out we will be posting on our Forums page about it at the beginning of next week. During that same time, more information about any specifics will be presented at that time. I will personally keep a look out for the forums post and reach back out on here, to direct you to it.

@pewter777, your Voice Remote should be able to control the Volume on your TV. Just to confirm, you do have your remote synced/programmed to your TV correct? We absolutely appreciate you being a loyal customer to Comcast and I would be more than happy to further look into this premium channel concern. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Diamond Problem Solver

Voice commands only control X1 box functions not individual personal equipment (tv, receivers, sound bars etc)

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

PM sent. Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

@CCAndrew wrote:
Voice commands only control X1 box functions not individual personal equipment (tv, receivers, sound bars etc)

Thank you, but I'm somewhat surprised/confused by your reply. Both my Samsung remote & my Xfinity remote control volume level, mute, channel choices etc. Voice commands also control many things (& it's a great feature), but not volume. The way you broadcast creates at times substantial differences in incoming sound levels between different programs, & between a program & its commercial breaks. Some watching requires turning the volume up high for the show, but then a commercial can come in much louder & require a quick turndown of the volume. Doing it with the remote one volume level (number) at a time is an annoyingly slow process.

A Comcast Store employee previously stated the company was working on it. Trying to control volume with a voice command yields an on screen message that it can't control volume "yet". That also infers a future development. Thus my question about any estimated timeline.

Official Employee

@pewter777, I truly apologize, I misread what you wrote, my mistake. What Comcast Andrew wrote is correct and I can definitely get your feedback around this passed along. I have also responded to your private message, if you could please get back to me at your earliest convenience. Thank you! 

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastAmira wrote:

I have also responded to your private message, if you could please get back to me at your earliest convenience. Thank you! 

What is there to get back to you about? You previously posted here: "We absolutely appreciate you being a loyal customer to Comcast and I would be more than happy to further look into this premium channel concern. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?".  I complied with your request & PMed you my private information. Your PM back to me was: "So unfortunately, at this time we do not have any free month". That contradicts what you posted in public. TSo why again request a reply to your last PM? There's no question or anything in it to answer.

EDIT TO ADD: I now see that the PM to me was edited to include an additional offer. At least something. Thank you. (I also edited out some of my above reply).

Official Employee

@pewter777, I'm sorry we do not have anything available at this time, but I did offer you a solution. Did you happen to see the second part of my message? 

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastAmira wrote:

@pewter777, I'm sorry we do not have anything available at this time, but I did offer you a solution. Did you happen to see the second part of my message? 

It was not previously displaying on screen. When I returned to that page it was showing the whole PM from you. I replied to it & have not yet seen a PM back from you. I also edited my above post after seeing the rest of your PM. I just checked the PM Inbox & do not see a new reply from you. Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

The "solution" is not working & it's about 2 hours since my last PM was replied to.

I can access HBO channels by voice command of the channel # with the exception of the channel that I actually care about: 1801/549 HBO ON DEMAND. I'll rarely if ever watch the HBO channels other than the ON DEMAND one which is still asking me to subscribe for $15! Same thing happens (asks for $15 when I try to access any movie/show directly). So I'm not getting the only HBO features I actually want. Very frustrating.

Official Employee

My deepest apologies for the delay, I was off for the day when you replied in our private message. I did not mean to cause you any frustration and HBO should be fully working on your end. I have responded in our private message and I will await your response back. Thank you! 

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastAmira wrote:

My deepest apologies for the delay, I was off for the day when you replied in our private message. I did not mean to cause you any frustration and HBO should be fully working on your end. I have responded in our private message and I will await your response back. Thank you! 

No, HBO is NOT fully working after wasted & wasted hours yesterday & unplugs, refresh, resets, resets. etc. Then hours without phone & internet after that. It already went to level 2 support & now a Technician has to come today. All because of my foolishness accepting your offer.

Frequent Visitor

Re: FREE "WATCHATHON" 2019 starts April 8th

@dadgren wrote:

"...it’s time to start thinking about all the TV shows, and movies you want to catch up on this time around...it’s all free...After you’ve decided what to watch,"

Where are the details as to what's included this round? Your quote says "all the TV shows"? Does that mean every "show" & "movie" on every premium channel? How do we in advance as you suggest "decide"/plan "what to watch" without all the details?

My guess is that you're quoted words aren't fully accurate?

Netflix? Starz? Cinemax? The Movie Channel? HBO? Showtime? Adult premium channels? Xfinity "movie"s that currently have rental charges?

Very specifically: Is CBS ALL ACCESS included?   I have a few shows to catch up on there.

Problem Solver

Did you click on the link posted? At the bottom of my first post.

Frequent Visitor

Yes. That was not the full details. Didn't answer my questions.

Silver Problem Solver

It's EXTREMELY unlikely anything from CBS All Access (or Netflix, or Amazon Prime, etc...)  would be available, as that is a streaming channel, not cable. It's up to the individual networks as to what they will offer. Some open up a huge library, some only a small sample. Some may not participate at all.

Watchathon is mainly an advertising medium. It's designed to get you hooked on shows on a network you may not subscribe to, and make you subscribe to it to continue.

Frequent Visitor

@andyross wrote:

It's EXTREMELY unlikely anything from CBS All Access (or Netflix, or Amazon Prime, etc...)  would be available, as that is a streaming channel, not cable. It's up to the individual networks as to what they will offer. Some open up a huge library, some only a small sample. Some may not participate at all.

Watchathon is mainly an advertising medium. It's designed to get you hooked on shows on a network you may not subscribe to, and make you subscribe to it to continue.

Thank you. I do recall that NETFLIX was in a past Watchathon. I don't recall if CBSAA has ever been included.

Official Employee

Hi everyone! Here is some information regarding Xfinity Watchathon this year: https://www.xfinity.com/hub/tv-video/get-ready-xfinity-watchathon-week-2019.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Watchathon Netflix

Will Netflix be part of this years Watchathon and if so will it be just "selective" shows like it was previously?

Official Employee

Re: Watchathon Netflix

Hello @reggie77, thanks for reaching out to our Forums about Watchathon 2019! Netflix will not be a part of Watchathon 2019, but there will be so much more offered to choose from. Please follow this link https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/FREE-quot-WATCHATHON-quot-2019-starts-April-8..., for more details about Watchathon 2019. Thank you and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

New Poster

Starts April 8th

New Poster

Can I DVR shows from the watchathon and watch them after the watchathon ends?  For instance, can I record a movie from HBO and watch it amonth later even though I don't have HBO?

Silver Problem Solver

Watchathon is via OnDemand, not the linear channels, so you cannot record anything.

New Poster

Nothing is showing up on my tab. I already have hbo but I should be getting Other stuff today. Is Starz included?
New Poster

Watchathon 2019

What happened to Watchathon 2019? In the past you could watch all content on all channels. It appears that you can only watch certain shows on certain channels- basically only HBO and limited shows on Showtime. Really Xfinity???
Expert

Re: Watchathon 2019

@kd16 wrote:
What happened to Watchathon 2019? In the past you could watch all content on all channels. It appears that you can only watch certain shows on certain channels- basically only HBO and limited shows on Showtime. Really Xfinity???

Your barking up the wrong tree.  Contact the providers of the shows.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

showtime cant wacth shamelessor homeland

Frequent Visitor

I tried to pull up HBO and got the message I had to subscribe. It’s been 4/8 for 11 hours now. So much for free premium channels. Xfinity is so lucky I don’t like satellite tv. Thanks for nothing.
Diamond Problem Solver

It’s On Demand choices not the individual channels that are available

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Some observations about Watchathon.

I already have HBO, and "stupidly" thought that the premium movies (buy or rent) would be available to me for viewing............Not the case. 

I had planned to watch the last season of Outlander on Starz.......Not participating apparently in Watchathon, although advertised it seems. 

Acorn only has the old seasons of A Place to Call Home etc, so essentially there is nothing that I want to watch on the infamous Watchathon...............too bad.

Frequent Visitor

I went there too. It asks me to “buy” my selection. And obviously you have misrepresented the offering. It appears only certain selections are FREE. Very disappointed.
New Poster

So it's the shows that decide if they want to be a part of it? Yeah, no longer as great as it used to be. I won't be watching anything.

New Poster

<Edited>

I watched S1 E1 of Billions.  E2 wants me to pay for it.  Called xfinity, yes they want me to pay for it. Or....too many are watching.  

Xfinity will be leaving my home soon. Bye bye 

New Poster

Watchathon 2019 -TiVo issue

I was watching The Affair on the Xfinity app on my TiVo and after watching about four episodes, suddenly I get an error that I need to have a subscription. Now all of those episodes are behind a pay wall. And that seems to be true with at least half the content. Though I can access it on the web. Anyone know how to fix this problem?
New Poster

I'm having the same issue.
New Poster

Same issue.
New Poster

I'm having the same problems. Only one or two episodes on so-called watchathon work.  <Edited>.  What gives?

Frequent Visitor

Watchathon 2019 Bluprint TV trouble

I was able to watch one program this morning on Bluprint TV, but for the past six hours I get an error message APPS-05108 saying this program is not available right now, please try again in a few minutes. Six hours is a lot of minutes. Can this be fixed?

Frequent Visitor

I'm in the same position.  I subscribe to the full Premium package (so I already have HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax, TMC, etc.).  I, too, had hoped that Netflix would be included in the Watchathon, since it seems to have all the movies I've been waiting to see (thanks, Disney/Pixar!).

In addition, I don't want to watch TV on my phone, my tablet is too small, and my laptop belongs to my employer, so I can't load apps onto it.

Overall, I'm pretty underwhelmed by all the hype for something that seems to benefit only a very select group of subscribers.

New Poster

I was looking forward to it, but it was totally a let down. Even WETV's shows are not available.
Frequent Visitor

Looking for Showtime's Shameless.

OnDemand indicates you must buy each episode

Look at comcast website to determine why Showtime isn't included.

Answer: can only watch on-line at comcast, NOT onDemand.

Viewing changes are not for the better. Very Disappointed 

Frequent Visitor

Watchathon

I’m still only getting the first episode free.  For example, the show Kidding.  This is listed under Watchathon, but I’m only getting the first episode without a subscription.  Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Me, too.  I don’t know why they aren’t responding to these posts. 

New Poster

Hi, I am an internet only subscriber. I can watch this on my phone but not my roku TV. It says I need a subscription. Can I watch this week via roku xfinity app?
New Poster

Watchathon is not "FREE" if you have to subcribe to the services first.  I went through 3 people at Xfinity before someone explained it to me. First one told me it would be on in a few hours, second did not have a clue (both foreign support) third finnally sent me to the advanced tech. First week free type of deal. Free means free, like a free weekend to get people to get to know the channel and than subcribe if they like what the saw. Borders on false advertising if you ask me.

Frequent Visitor

Watchathon 2019 Bluprint TV NOT WORKING!

Yesterday morning (4/8) I got one episode of a Bluprint TV program to play. Since then, FOR THE PAST 24 HOURS, I get error APPS-05108, saying you're having trouble and please try again in a few minutes. HELP!

Frequent Visitor

Because we are right