Community Forum

FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity

Administrator

Re: FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity

@Scott40 wrote:

Per this post, https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/FIFA-World-Cup-2018-on-Xfinity/m-p/3102257

You are suggesting that World Cup should be able to be streamed on a device.  Unfortunatly the message I get through my device is this:"Avaliable to Watch In Home Only".  Can you clarify?

@Scott40,

Thank you for posting your questions. Per the message you recieved you can only watch that specific content while on your home network. Remember, not all FIFA World Cup programming is available "out of home" in all areas. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Administrator

@cespede wrote:

To add insult to injury, you HAVE to HAVE the X1 box with DVR in order to view the 4K delayed content. If you have the regular X1 box is no good. You have to fork an additional $10 a month to see a repeat of a game that was originally transmitted to them in 4K live but downgraded to 1080p. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

@cespede,

Thank you for posting your question in the Xfinity Forum. We apologize for the confusion. At this time, 4K UHD and 4K UHD/HDR content viewing requires an Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box (XG1v4 model numbers are: AX014ANM or AX014ANC) and a compatible 4k television. 

To learn more about the XG1v4 television box, see here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-What-is-the-Xfinity-XG1v4-TV-Box-and-how-does-it/ta-p/29402...

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

Re: Free FIFA World Cup 2018 content on Xfinity Stream

"Some content will be available ... outside the home". BALONEY! We pay a fortune to Comcast every month for internet and tv service. I'm currently out of town for a couple of days and want to watch some games. YES I CAN'T WATCH ANYTHING!! Thanks a lot, Comcast!!
Frequent Visitor

Where on X1 do I access highlights of world cup matches? Yesterday, when I searched through the world cup hub, I could only find the full match in English and Spanish (Russia vs Saudi Arabia) and I could not fast forward. In several articles, I have seen screenshots of X1 option that marks "exciting" parts of the games so I can fast forward direct to those moments.

How do I access that? Thank you.
New Poster

Same here. I was able to watch the opening match yesterday on my laptop away from home, but today I can't watch Portugal v Spain?? Why not? Very unhappy.

New Poster

Watch out of the area

How can I watch the world cup when I am out of the area.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Watch out of the area

@Shyman1781 wrote:

With comcast, here are your options:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Free-FIFA-World-Cup-2018-content-on-Xfinity-Stream/td-p/...

New Poster

Where is the 4k content? I have the 4k x1 box and a 4k tv, but all I see in match replay options of say Russia vs Saudi Arabia is "HD". 

New Poster

I can't find the 4k world cup inaugural game and pre-show. I still have the Winter Olympics. The on demand quality is great and I am willing to put up with the <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. My contract expires next month and att is offering great discounts to move to the competition.

New Poster

Re: World Cup 2018

I'm getting the same "Error TVAPP-00224" message as well. Any solution yet?

New Poster

You can use fox’s app and stream every game of the tournament. You will sign in with your xfinity info and have full access.

Frequent Visitor

World Cup in 4K

Very disappointed Comcast is not broadcasting the matches live in 4K.
The one day delay replaces so far are also only in Spanish- Telemondo not the Fox broadcast. What’s going on?
The 4K box is essential useless till there is so me programming. So far it’s only dated recordings of the Olympics and now the World Cup in Spanish. Having Netflix directly on the TV, the Netflix uhd capability is redundant.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/15/17467958/world-cup-4k-hdr-streams-broadcasts-us-uk-opinion
Administrator

@jazzman161 wrote:
Where on X1 do I access highlights of world cup matches? Yesterday, when I searched through the world cup hub, I could only find the full match in English and Spanish (Russia vs Saudi Arabia) and I could not fast forward. In several articles, I have seen screenshots of X1 option that marks "exciting" parts of the games so I can fast forward direct to those moments.

How do I access that? Thank you.

@jazzman161,

Thank you for posting your World Cup questions here in the Xfinity Forum. You can access 2018 FIFA World Cup content and game highlights on Xfinity OnDemand the following ways:

X1 TV Boxes

• Access the World Cup Home tile using the X1 remote by pressing the xfinity button and scrolling over to the On Demand section and selecting World Cup titles. Or, say "World Cup" into the X1 Voice Remote.
  • World Cup Channels within this tile contain video playlists with highlights, replays, Internet videos and more

**Note: Accessing Internet videos or replays streaming over the Internet (labeled with an Internet badge) on X1 TV Boxes (not available on RNG150 devices) require a subscription to any level of Xfinity Internet service and will count towards the customer's monthly Xfinity Internet Data Usage.

Non-X1 TV Boxes

• Featured menus will be located under the Sports section for English (FOX and FS1) and Spanish (Telemundo and Universo) language for match highlights and replays.

Xfinity Stream Portal and App

• Match highlights, replays and related videos will be located under the World Cup tile within the Sports tab.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

@jjuva133 wrote:

Where is the 4k content? I have the 4k x1 box and a 4k tv, but all I see in match replay options of say Russia vs Saudi Arabia is "HD". 

@2026in4k wrote:

I can't find the 4k world cup inaugural game and pre-show.

@jjuva133 & @2026in4k,

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your questions here. Sorry for the confusion, but 4K World Cup On Demand content will not be available in the World Cup Home hub on X1 until Saturday, June 16, 2018. 

In the interim, customers can find 4K World Cup content by using a voice command or manually text searching for the content with their remote.

Also, all 64 World Cup 4K matches are only available in Telemundo's Spanish language coverage the next day On Demand.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

@kmatuse wrote:

I'm getting the same "Error TVAPP-00224" message as well. Any solution yet?

@kmatuse,

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question. We apologize for the error that you may have received we are happy to help.

Can you please provide us a little more details about the error? Did you receive the error while watching live content or OnDemand content? Was this error received on a television box or via Xfinity Stream? If with Xfinity Stream, was this an error with the website, a app on a 3rd party device (Roku, Smart TV, etc) or on the Xfinity Stream app? What game specifically were you trying to view when you received this error?

Answers to these questions will allow us to better assist you with getting this resolved quickly.

Thank you again for your question, we look forward to hearing back from you. 

Contributor

It's still unclear to me why Xfinity insists on making every sporting event so much more dificult for its customers than all of its competitors.  But they do.  Wouldn't this be so much easier if we could all just tune to the live 4K channel for the Fox coverage like your competitors?  But again no...

For those with another streaming box (other than your glorified Xfinity 4K box), what I've been doing is going into the Fox streaming app and watching the live streams there.  Watching through the Apple TV 4K, my 4K TV has been doing a great job of converting the picture to a good image (way better than what I was getting through Fox on Xfinity with <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

Administrator

Re: Watch out of the area

@mvenanzi wrote:

@Shyman1781 wrote:

With comcast, here are your options:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Free-FIFA-World-Cup-2018-content-on-Xfinity-Stream/td-p/...

@mvenanzi,

Thank you for your post. The other Xfinity Forum post you are referencing is about the FREE Xfinity Stream content that is available to our non-television subscribers. It has nothing to do with whether the content is available in or out of the home. 

@Shyman1781,

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum, thank you for your post. There are over 200 channels currently available for live streaming while you are out-of-home. In order to watch, the network must be included in your Xfinity TV service. Right now, the full list of available networks to live stream in and out of home with Xfinity TV can be found here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tv-go-live-streaming-networks

You can also view content out of home by navigating to the TV Go Channels on Xfinity Stream.

New Poster

@ComcastJessie

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your questions here. Sorry for the confusion, but 4K World Cup On Demand content will not be available in the World Cup Home hub on X1 until Saturday, June 16, 2018. 

In the interim, customers can find 4K World Cup content by using a voice command or manually text searching for the content with their remote.

Also, all 64 World Cup 4K matches are only available in Telemundo's Spanish language coverage the next day On Demand.

I find this outragous that not only is this not being broadcast live in 4k, the 4k "replay" is only available in Spanish.  Is this some kind of joke or does Xfinity expect us to keep paying a premium for mediocre service.  Fox Sports (FS1) is broadcasting all 36 games they are covering in 4k, why isn't Xifinity passing that on or at least offering the English replay.  Going to have to do better xfinity...the fact that I still have non-HD channels in 2018 is beyond words...

Regular Visitor

Am I doing it wrong, or are there some matches that are only in Spanish when I try to stream on my computer? I only get the Telemundo option, nothing in English. The "World Cup" tab only shows a Spanish.

New Poster

NO WORLD CUP STREAM WHEN OUT OF MY HOUSE

HEY XFINITY,

you said with the xfinity stream ap, i could watch what i wanted , when i wanted, where i wanted.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Free-FIFA-World-Cup-2018-content-on-Xfinity-Str...

now, as soon as i go out of my house i cannot stream the love world cup matches,  YET, I have been for the past week.

i am in the same town, and when i leave the house the message says:

to wat5ch WFXRD , you'll need to connect to your home wifi

"BROWSE TV GO"

if your away from home, you can browse Tv Go to watch anywhere.

<Edited for violating forum guidelines> ! there is nothing I want to see on TV Go  infact TV GO should GO

Contributor

The soccer games are very blurry through the xfinity service, both  through the cable box and the internet.

I had to download the Fox sport app to watch them. This started on June 23 and today. It's a blurry mess and unwatchable. 

My next door neighbor has direct TV and the soccer is crystal clear.

Regular Visitor

Is there a way to watch the two games playing simultaneously split screen with x1? Either Fox and FS1 or Telemundo and Univision? I have the xg1v4 box. 

Administrator

@adidas3011 wrote:

Is there a way to watch the two games playing simultaneously split screen with x1? Either Fox and FS1 or Telemundo and Univision? I have the xg1v4 box. 

@adidas3011,

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. 

Xfinity television boxes do not provide picture in picture technology. If your television has PIP capability, you can view 2 games that way, if you have 2 separate devices hooked up to your television. 

Feel free to post any other questions that you may have. Thanks. 

@quovadis12345 wrote:

The soccer games are very blurry through the xfinity service, both  through the cable box and the internet.

I had to download the Fox sport app to watch them. This started on June 23 and today. It's a blurry mess and unwatchable. 

My next door neighbor has direct TV and the soccer is crystal clear.

@quovadis12345,

Thank you for posting your question in the Xfinity Forum. 

We are sorry to hear that the games you have been watching are blurry. We are happy to assist. 

Please be aware that not all games are broadcast in HD. If your package includes HD and the game is being broadcast in SD, it will not appear as clear as an HD game. 

What channel and games were you watching when you experienced this issue?

Thanks. We look forward to your response

@peterl wrote:

Am I doing it wrong, or are there some matches that are only in Spanish when I try to stream on my computer? I only get the Telemundo option, nothing in English. The "World Cup" tab only shows a Spanish.

@peterl,

Thank you for posting your question in the Xfinity Forum. We apologize for the confusion. Some 2018 FIFA World Cup games are only being broadcast in Spanish via Xfinity. 

Administrator

@AdamH1975 wrote:
NO WORLD CUP STREAM WHEN OUT OF MY HOUSE

HEY XFINITY,

you said with the xfinity stream ap, i could watch what i wanted , when i wanted, where i wanted.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Free-FIFA-World-Cup-2018-content-on-Xfinity-Str...

now, as soon as i go out of my house i cannot stream the love world cup matches,  YET, I have been for the past week.

i am in the same town, and when i leave the house the message says:

to wat5ch WFXRD , you'll need to connect to your home wifi

"BROWSE TV GO"

if your away from home, you can browse Tv Go to watch anywhere.

<Edited for violating forum guidelines> ! there is nothing I want to see on TV Go  infact TV GO should GO

@AdamH1975,

Thank you for posting your question here in the Xfinity Forum. We apologize for the confusion. The other Xfinity Forum post that you are referencing (https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Free-FIFA-World-Cup-2018-content-on-Xfinity-Str...) was authored to inform users about the Free Xfinity Stream content available to our non-television subscribers. 

Keep in mind that not all 2018 FIFA World Cup Xfinity Stream content is available out of home. All available out of home content does have the TVGO indicators (see images below)

TVGO2.JPGTVGO indicator 1TVGO.JPGTVGO indicator 2

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

New Poster

Re: World Cup Soccer in 4K

I couldn't agree more.  This is a huge difference maker that Directv and Dish offer live 4k viewing.  Comcast only offers 4k World Cup matches a day after?  And then only in Spanish!  <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory:> I have been a Comcast customer for a long time <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory:>  Any suggestions?

New Poster

FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity Major Problem

Very many of the World Cup games will go into extra time and perhaps penalties.

Two matches today did just that.

But the On Demand match replays ONLY play back the first 90 minutes of regular time.  The remaining extra time and penalties are abruptly cut off and are not accessible on the replay.  YOU CAN'T SEE THE END OF THE MATCH!

This is a significant FAIL that needs to be corrected immediately.

Contributor

Re: FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity Major Problem

Most of the matches on the cable box are blurry both through the cable box and the comcast internet app (PC AND MONITOR).

Try the Fox sports app on a pc, It's crystal clear.

My next door neighbor has direct tv and all the matches are crystal clear, they are in true 1080p. I have no idea what comcast is doing with the world cup?

Not all matches are blurry, this started happening on June 23.

Administrator

Re: FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity Major Problem

@quovadis12345,

Thank you for replying. Without specific game information (date, time, live, OnDemand, etc.) or whether or not this "blurriness" is happening with other programming all I am able to do is basic troubleshooting.

Have you checked your connections? Please ensure that all your coax connections are nice and tight and verify your HDMI cables are not loose. You could also try changing out your HDMI cable or try a different HDMI port on your television. 

Also, have you tried testing your Internet connectivity? Sometimes "blurry" videos online can be caused by a less than strong Internet connection. For this we always recommend connecting your computer to the modem directly via an ethernet cable. 

If you would like to do more troubleshooting about this issue. Feel free to send me the following details via a private message, full name, account number, physical address, and associated phone number.

Thanks. We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Contributor

@acavella wrote:

@ComcastJessie

I find this outragous that not only is this not being broadcast live in 4k, the 4k "replay" is only available in Spanish.  Is this some kind of joke or does Xfinity expect us to keep paying a premium for mediocre service.  Fox Sports (FS1) is broadcasting all 36 games they are covering in 4k, why isn't Xifinity passing that on or at least offering the English replay.  Going to have to do better xfinity...the fact that I still have non-HD channels in 2018 is beyond words...

It's getting pretty bad...  Once FuboTV announced they were offering the Fox Sports 4K channel on their streaming service, I went and signed up for their free trial.  Can you believe you can actually watch the World Cup live in 4K HDR in English?  I will be watching the final game tomorrow live in 4K HDR as an Xfinity customer via Fubotv because the much larger company I still currently subscribe to cannot seem to keep up with it's competitory anymore.  I will be sure to let everyone I have invited over to watch tomorrow know how they are seeing it that way for sure.  The search is on for a provider who is interested in the future of broadcast TV....

Expert

I hope some of you posting here noticed the final game was shown live on Fox network stations on linear cable (Comcast) and over the air for those with antennas.