Community Forum

FETV channel showed up on advertising channel then disappeared

New Poster

Re: FETV channel showed up on advertising channel then disappeared

I am very unhappy that FETV has been discontinued. I very much enjoyed watching the clean entertainment offerred there.  Replacing it with 24/7 infommercials is a big mistake.

Frequent Visitor

I've had several conversations with Comcast about the FETV issue. Programming is not as simple as we perceive it. The FETV station for me is 283. That station is a public access station owned by the Town of Mashpee here on Cape Cod.  The town apparently did not want to pay FETV extra money to brand the station as FETV and instead lists it as LEASE.  FETV pulled programming since they were not getting the branding as they wanted.  This is not a Comcast issue since it's a public access station owned by a town and the town has control over what is aired.  So.....FETV picked up their ball and went home and pulled their programming since the Town of Mashpee did not agree to pay the branding fee.  That's how I understand the issue.  A larger public access station such as PBS can be branded correctly in programming guides since they have the money to pay for the branding, but many cannot.  For once I think we can give Comcast a pass on this because they have no control over the programming on that station as long as it isn't illegal or offensive.  Of course 24/7 infomercials are offensive but not in the sense they mean!

Frequent Visitor

Thanks to DGM 1948 for bringing clarity to this issue! There are many, many things we could complain about regarding Comcast, but the FETV fiasco isn't one of them. 

Frequent Visitor

I am very ups that I lost my FETV, Including TCM Channel that makes me very angry. I should not have to be force to have the spots channel by Comcast. Shame on you Comcast. Jocelyn Gallant

New Poster

I've had several conversations with Comcast about the FETV issue. Programming is not as simple as we perceive it. The FETV station for me is 283. That station is a public access station owned by the Town of Mashpee here on Cape Cod. The town apparently did not want to pay FETV extra money to brand the station as FETV and instead lists it as LEASE. FETV pulled programming since they were not getting the branding as they wanted. This is not a Comcast issue since it's a public access station owned by a town and the town has control over what is aired. So.....FETV picked up their ball and went home and pulled their programming since the Town of Mashpee did not agree to pay the branding fee. That's how I understand the issue. A larger public access station such as PBS can be branded correctly in programming guides since they have the money to pay for the branding, but many cannot. For once I think we can give Comcast a pass on this because they have no control over the programming
Frequent Visitor

To Lotus85, I don’t appreciate that you copied and pasted my 10-9-19 explanation of the FETV issue as your own. You could have used it as reference to respond to a post but plagiarism is lazy and unacceptable. You did not do all of the leg work to dig into the FETV issue to post MY explanation. At least reference the original poster next time!
New Poster

I am sorry I meant no disrespect to your leg work I was trying to show the person writing a comment I responded too what was going on. I am not lazy by no means I was trying to be helpful. I am new to this group and do not know how to navigate SORRY ONCE AGAIN!!!
Frequent Visitor

And, Lotus85, I apologize for my strong response to your post regarding the FETV issue. I think it's the frustration with Comcast with so many issues lately that has built up! Even though they are not directly responsible for the FETV withdrawal, as our provider they should listen to their customers and pursue this with the Town of Mashpee in order to come to some type of resolution.  Again, I apologize for such a strong post. I want the time back I've spent on the phone with Comcast to get to the root of the problem, along with so many others, recently.  Keep posting and stay involved. The only way consumers can change things is by speaking out.

New Poster

DGM1948 apology accepted I too have spent many hours with Comcast about this, my 90 yr old uncle watched that channel all day. Comcast even made me get all new boxes regarding this issue it is very frustrating. I’m in hopes for other cable company’s to come into the city since their contract ends 11/2019.