Community Forum

FETV channel showed up on advertising channel then disappeared

Regular Visitor

FETV channel showed up on advertising channel then disappeared

FETV was showing on what the guide listed as WOW channel (22). WOW channel shows nothing but horrible infommercials.  How were we viweing FETV, when it isn't listed as an available channel in my area? I enjoyed see those old tv shows on FETV.  How can I request a channel to be added? I saw it for 2 days - I know they can broadcast it.

New Poster

Re: FETV channel showed up on advertising channel then disappeared

FETV is being carried on channel 1097, which is listed as a "leased access" channel. When is Comcast going to include FETV schedule on TV listings guide?

Regular Visitor

Unfortunately, in my viewing region, channel 1097 is the Sun-Light Broadcasting Network. I’m in Northwest Ga.

New Poster

Sorry... I should have mentioned I'm in suburban Phila. Anyway, it would be nice if Comcast would include daily listings for FETV.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@jdeas55 wrote:

Sorry... I should have mentioned I'm in suburban Phila. Anyway, it would be nice if Comcast would include daily listings for FETV.

I agree on needing listings.  About a week or so ago, I found FETV on our Channel 190, which has been "Leased Access" (I'm in South Jersey).  Don't know how long FETV has been there, since we don't seem to get notice in our bills anymore of new channels being added, but a week later, we still have no program listings.  Just "Leased Access", which it no longer is.  When might we get the online screen guide program listings for FETV?

Regular Visitor

New channel, no on-screen program schedule yet.

We now have FETV on Ch. 190, which used to be (and still says) "Leased Access".  Since we've had FETV for some weeks now, I was wondering when we might get the programs listed on the on-screen channel guide.  I'm in 08562 and have Comcast (or Xfinity) Garden State Cable.

Most Valued Poster

Re: New channel, no on-screen program schedule yet.

Thanks for the update. That's why I check these forums frequently because Comcast doesn't inform me on my billing statement about this new channel (FETV) Also on Garden State NJ system 08054.
Regular Visitor

Re: New channel, no on-screen program schedule yet.

@tstack wrote:
Thanks for the update. That's why I check these forums frequently because Comcast doesn't inform me on my billing statement about this new channel (FETV) Also on Garden State NJ system 08054.

And still the channel says "Leased Access", and still no on-screen channel guide for FETV.

New Poster

I just discovered this channel a couple of weeks ago.  I really like it.  I put it on tonight and they are showing a stupid infomercial.  Perry Mason is showing on the guide.  What's going on Comcast!!??

Regular Visitor

Lease TV

What happened to Lease TV channel 283 Boston, MA. showed info commercials all day and looks like today also. 9/16,9/17/2019.

Thank you

Sandra

New Poster

Re: Lease TV

Why were the programs on Lease TV changed ? It’s all commercials yet the guide lists the programs on the schedule. Very unhappy!

New Poster

I have the same question.  I watched most of the program so on that channel. Maybe they changed it because it has religious programingre on  in the mornings

Silver Problem Solver

By the name, it is either some broadcast network, or just a channel that companies or people pay Comcast to air their programming.

Silver Problem Solver

It sounds like FETV has been PAYING Comcast to air their programming on a leased channel. Most likely they decided some markets do not have enough viewers and no longer lease those channels, so Comcast sells the time to others. Here in Chicago, it is still available on channel 110.

Regular Visitor

I had a online chat with comcast last month about getting that channel and they said I'd have to contact FETV and request it. Then when I emailed FETV, they told me I'd have to talk to comcast & request the channel to be added.  I feel like a 16 year old asking permission to go out on a date - Dad says go ask your Mother. Then she says go ask your Dad. Back and forth, back and forth until I give up.

New Poster

We  are  Perry  Mason  fans  and  whats  with  all  this  infomercial  garbage  bring  back  regular  programming .

Frequent Visitor

I've called Xfinity about this for the last two days and have been told they have no control over what is broadcast by the station.  They directed me to the FCC, who told me they have nothing to do with cable stations other than national programming. Big run-around.  And there seems to be no way for a consumer to contact the station directly, as suggested by the FCC. The bottom line is Xfinity should be following up on this. They have the contract with LEASE and should be finding out why they aren't transmitting what is advertised. Xfinity said they get the programming schedule a few weeks in advance and that's why the guide shows regular previous programming instead of the infomercial loop. Very frustrating.

Silver Problem Solver

But, is Lease TV the name of the network, or just Comcast's name for that channel? Here in Chicago, we have several channels simply named LA103, LA115 (LA=Leased Access). Also, LeaseTV may be the name of a middle-man company that leases it from Comcast, and in turn resells air time to others.

Frequent Visitor

I get it. Don't you think Comcast should tell someone that when they call and ask how to get information? I understand how leased TV works. But if Comcast carries a station, they should be able to figure out what's going on when something changes. <Edited>  Over the last few days, with this and the ACC Network still not being available, I'm done!

New Poster

Finally! someone who knows who to contact! I just tried calling but they're closed. Will call them again tomorrow.
Frequent Visitor

Will definitely call them, but my guess is it will all fall on deaf ears. All we can do is hammer them customer by customer.

New Poster

Oh and thank you! : )
New Poster

Agreed. Maybe if we all stopped paying the bill, they'll listen
New Poster

I agree--non-stop infomercials is absurd.  Xfinity needs to get this station to bring back Perry Mason and the Lone Ranger.

New Poster

I think I found the company that is called "Lease" on Comcast.  It is FETV:  https://fetv.tv/  

I submitted in inquiry from their website to find out what is going on.

New Poster

According to what i just was told.  comcast just leases this channel #293 slot to someone,  They have no control or say over what this other company broadcasts as long as it is legal.  FCC has no control over what they broadcast as long as it is legal.    Comcast says that they run the channel line up guide according to what is submitted to them.    This is done weeks ahead of time.   Have to contact the company that broadcast or controls that content.   With some research that should be easy to find out.    There could also be a problem with programming so something else is running.      https://fetv.tv/

Frequent Visitor

If you go on the fetv site online, there's an option at the bottom of the screen to contact them. I just sent a technical issue message to fetv asking about this programming issue. It will be interesting to see if I get a response.  There is also a phone number listed on the site 1-574-291-8200 that I will try to call later.  One way or the other, maybe one of us can get an answer!!

Frequent Visitor

I got an email back from fetv and guess what?  The ball is now in Comcast's court! What a surprise.  Below is a copy of the message I received from them. Apparently not an issue with fetv, only with their relationship with Boston Comcast!  I give up. 

From fetv:

Thank you for writing to us. We apologize for the confusion with the program guide. We have temporarily exited the Comcast Boston market due to ongoing branding concerns on the leased access channel. Once that can be resolved and our programming can be delivered to our viewers on a consistent, 24/7 basis, hopefully we can return as quickly as possible!

If you’d like to receive any future distribution news about our network, we invite you to sign up for our e-newsletter here<https://fetv.tv/newsletter-signup/>.
Thanks again for contacting us.
Best,
- Team FETV

New Poster

Does anyone know who to contact at Comcast? I too am trying to get the FETV or Lease channel 283. That’s interesting that Comcast won’t own up to it
New Poster

To  All............google...   FETV.....   click  on.......  contact ......  go to general  inquiries  and  let  them  know  how  you  feel .

New Poster

Just  got  this  from    FETV  see  below 

EXTERNAL SENDER]

Good morning David,

Thank you for writing to us. We have temporarily exited the Comcast Boston market due to ongoing branding concerns on the leased access channel. Once that can be resolved and our programming can be delivered to our viewers on a consistent, 24/7 basis, hopefully we can return as quickly as possible!

If you’d like to receive any future distribution news about our network, we invite you to sign up for our e-newsletter here<https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffetv.tv%2Fnewsletter-signup%2F&amp...>.

Thanks again for contacting us, and have a great weekend.

Best,

-  Team FETV

New Poster

Thank you for writing to us. We have temporarily exited the Comcast Boston market due to ongoing branding concerns on the leased access channel. Once that can be resolved and our programming can be delivered to our viewers on a consistent, 24/7 basis, hopefully we can return as quickly as possible!

Frequent Visitor

As I said in a previous post, fetv and Comcast are pointing at each other. What else is new. I think we should bang Comcast AND fetv to resolve this! I’m
New Poster

Lease TV

Good news for Perry Mason fans (even though Lease Channel 283's Perry Masons have disappeared): At least we still have Perry Mason on MeTV Channel 942 9:00 am & 11:30 pm.

Bad news for Comcast customers: I didn't notice a price reduction when we lost a channel from our packages. Did you? And don't forget: Those that used to have two Cinemax channels in their package just lost those too. I guess they forgot about the price reduction for removing those, too.

Oh, wait a minute. My price did change. It went up!

New Poster

Here in Central Virginia, we had FETV for about a month, now its all infomercials! <Edited>

New Poster

What happened to Lease TV? My 90yr old uncle watches it all day and night and now it’s gone. What’s up with that
Regular Visitor

Hi everyone,
I apoligize because this may be a little long.
Thank you all for your help and input. It has made me realize what I have been putting off for a year. I have to call Comcast and cut down on what I have. For me Comcast is only choice. The prices are too high and little by little go up with no explanation. its terrible taking advantage especially the elderly who do not notice. As you all know most of what we watch are commercials, so many that we think it is part of program we are watching and they all run into each other. We are paying advertisers to interupt our programs on all channels which are longer than the program itself. REALLY they should be paying us.
If you have DVR you still have commercials at one time not as many. if you want to watch earlier episodes that you missed you have to pay for them. there are too many issues. I miss Lease TV and enjoyed watching the old programs. Barney Miller made me Laugh OUT LOUD. COMCAST/XFINIITY can put other programs instead of infomercials. Sorry i can go on and on. This is an Xfinity forum, not one of their representative answered any questions but can block, it took some of you to investigate. Its time for me to start reading again. : >) I will keep you posted and will read all others, Thank you again.

Frequent Visitor

Same canned answer FETV has been giving everyone. Now the Comcast guide lists all the time slots as paid programming instead of the previous FETV lineup.  Their answer to all the questions about guide versus programming. I think we can kiss FETV goodbye but I still intend to call Xfinity Customer Retention department later in the week when I have more time to spend on the phone. We all know how long an Xfinity call can take!!  I guarantee there will be no resolution that will go in our favor.

New Poster

I have called about Lease TV 3 times this week. I was told they were having trouble with the channel and they were working on it. The second and thirds time I called they said I needed a new box. I got to cable and pick up a new box and they told me the channel changed their programming that there’s nothing Xfinity can do. If Lease gets enough complaints they might bring the programs back.