Community Forum

Encore Westerns

New Poster

Encore Westerns

Please put The Virginian and Cheyenne back in the line up for the evening programming.  These are the reason I subscribe to Encore.  Quit messing up a good thing!!!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Encore Westerns

comcast just provides you access to encore it does not determine when or what is shown on any channel. 

New Poster

Who does and how do we request certain programs!

Silver Problem Solver

you have to contact the network if you don't like whats being shown on that network.   Comcasts takes networks and bundles them together and pays for them to be shown to you.   They do not originate or dictate what is actually shown on those networks

Silver Problem Solver

Encore is part of Starz. You can start here and look for any links to complain:

http://www.starz.com/channels/encore/encorewesterns

New Poster

Please put back on the hour and half hour long westerns in the early am. I watch them while I get ready for work. Looking for a good western thru xfinity takes a long time.  Many people who support these Classic westerns are either retired or disabled in some way. Also you put the good westerns like Lawman, Wagon Ttrain and Have gun will Travel on during mid day, many people are watching their daytime talk shows and medical programs. Many are still at work,. we should not have to choose. These are classics with Family friendly messages.( The virginian also). There is nothing to watch on other channels but "fake reality shows"

There is much money to be made from the people with the money: Parents of the 18 thru 35 year olds. Don't forget they are the majority of your customers.  Thanks You. Cfarris5(

Silver Problem Solver

cfarris

You will have to contact Starz yourself and let them know this. Comcast probably won't take the time to provide that feedback; mainly because the forums are customer to customer with limited monitoring by Comcast employees and the issues they will and can deal with directly are for issues with the Comcast system.

Comcast has no control over what the networks schedule.

Use the link in andyross' post above yours.

New Poster

Please forward this to Encore Westerns Management:
Dear Encore Western Management: I don't want to make any of you mad or hurt your feelings, but the "North South" Shows are trash, they do not belong on your Westen Channel and are a waste of your subscribers money, please get rid of this "Show"  Regards,  Jeff  A.K.A. TruckerTwotimes

Gold Problem Solver

TruckerTwotimes wrote:

Please forward this to Encore Westerns Management:
Dear Encore Western Management: I don't want to make any of you mad or hurt your feelings, but the "North South" Shows are trash, they do not belong on your Westen Channel and are a waste of your subscribers money, please get rid of this "Show"  Regards,  Jeff  A.K.A. TruckerTwotimes

Comcast will not forward anything to Encore.  Other tv providers probably would not do it either.

You should contact the network.

http://www.starz.com/help/feedback

Simple solution for shows you don't like: don't watch them. Remember, though, that other people WILL watch them.

New Poster

Thank you for the Westerns. Love the half hour Gunsmoke "Marshall Dillon" ,and hour long episodes of Gunsmoke too. Glad you bought some new ones..

Everybody loves Westerns I really appreciate your thoughtfulness, Kudos to the brilliant group of people who had the innovative idea to add westerns to the encore line up. Please do not play Savage Pappas, again much too violent for TV.  Love all Audie Murphy films.,  

The Lone Ranger and Cisco Kid, and The Rifleman were pretty good also. Saturday mornings would be a great time to premiere these classics. Again thank You

Silver Problem Solver

Doesn't anyone read that Comcast has nothing to do with network content.

If you have a programming comment, you should send it to the network.

Comcast will not do it for you.

Gold Problem Solver

barbie123 wrote:

Doesn't anyone read that Comcast has nothing to do with network content.

If you have a programming comment, you should send it to the network.

Comcast will not do it for you.

Barbie, apparently not. That same thing had already been said 5 times. Your comment makes number 6.

New Poster

I'm getting real tired of seeing the same thing over and over again.  How about Wagon Train with John McIntire as the Trailmaster!!!!

Gold Problem Solver

One more time: contact the network. Comcast has no control over what networks choose to broadcast. Neither does any other tv provider.

Problem Solver

MeTV has the Wagon Train TV series on Tue-Sat at 3:00am and Sat at 10:30am. All times are CST.

MeTV also has Bonanza, Daniel Boone, Gunsmoke, Rawhide, The Big Valley, The Rebel, The Rifleman, and Wanted Dead or Alive

INSP has Bonanza, The Big Valley, The High Chaparral, and The Virginian

New Poster

Would like to see Hogans Hero's again at night as well as Have Gun Will Travel

Thank you, John C George

jgpgsgmg@comcast.net

Visitor

I agree with earlier comments regarding the western channel. Even though it has been on for some time, Gunsmoke and/or Marshall Dillon should continue. The fact that it was a popular show for as long as it was is a great indicator of its appeal. Having 2 Wanted Dead or Alive segments and no Gunsmoke/Dillon is a huge mistake. Put the most watched western series ever back in the lineup, along with Cheyenne , Bat Masterson, Wyatt Earp, and yes, the Virginian. 

Thank you,

MikeKeller