Community Forum

ESPN2 standard definition only?

New Poster

ESPN2 standard definition only?

Yesterday, ESPN2 in Maple Grove, MN stopped broadcasting in HD. I can get SD only. 

This happens on all of my TVs. I still tried resetting the X1 box, unplugging it, changing the video settings. Nothing works. The rest of my HD channels are perfect. Just ESPN2 for some reason. ESPN2 is in perfect HD when I use the ESPN app on my smart TV.

Is this a known issue?

Official Employee

Re: ESPN2 standard definition only?

Are you getting an error code on the HD channel? Is it just the SD channel that works? The cable box and the app are 2 different sources
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I'm not getting any error code. The HD channel plays but appears in SD on my screen, taking up only about 1/2 - 2/3 of my screen with a black border all around. 

Oddly, some of the commercials appear in HD but when ESPN programming resumes, it switches back to SD.

New Poster

I can also confirm that ESPN 2 hd channels 203 and 865 are broadcasting in standard definition in Oak Park Heights, MN. All other hd channels are fine.

New Poster

Looks like this is impacting multiple areas in the Twin Cities metro area per the above reply. ESPN2 continues to be in SD only today. Been this way since Sunday.

Official Employee

Escalated and being worked on
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Thank you. Problem has been resolved.