Community Forum

ESPN

New Poster

ESPN

I would really like to stop paying for ESPN.  Am I correct that the only way is to go to a basic cable package or stop comcast cable and go to online options where I can chose my channels?  I think you can do this with DISH or Direct TV.  Really it is too bad if that is the case as I do enjoy some of the other extended channels you offer and would prefer to keep my cable but it is very expensive and I don't like the direction that ESPN has gone with their commentary and since I don't watch it I really don't want to support it financially.  Thanks for the answer in advance.  I hope this policy will change in the future as it is really not acceptable any more just to answer "our contract with ESPN requires we offer it to all customers on certain plans" when there are other good options available to your customers.

Expert

Re: ESPN

@TheLou1979 wrote:

I would really like to stop paying for ESPN.  Am I correct that the only way is to go to a basic cable package or stop comcast cable and go to online options where I can chose my channels?  I think you can do this with DISH or Direct TV.  Really it is too bad if that is the case as I do enjoy some of the other extended channels you offer and would prefer to keep my cable but it is very expensive and I don't like the direction that ESPN has gone with their commentary and since I don't watch it I really don't want to support it financially.  Thanks for the answer in advance.  I hope this policy will change in the future as it is really not acceptable any more just to answer "our contract with ESPN requires we offer it to all customers on certain plans" when there are other good options available to your customers.

Any compainies service likely includes ESPN. You won't find it on "Over the air " Channels that cost you nothing.

Then again, I don't like paying for soap-opera programs that you might like, but I realize there is nothing I can do about it but not waste my time watching them.

Expert

Re: ESPN

@TheLou1979 wrote:

Your best bet at making changes is to complain directly to ESPN/ABC/Disney; Comcast can't change their commentary and since they have a contract with ESPN most likely will not back out of it because some people don't like "the direction [ESPN] is going".  And, as you know, Comcast doesn't allow for the dropping of single network.  The tier that a network is in is there for all customers.  It's a customers' choice whether or not to view the channel/network.  A network package is designed to appeal to a large group of customers and not just a select few.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.