Community Forum

ESPN - Too political, want to drop

New Poster

ESPN - Too political, want to drop

I am a big sports fan and have been watching ESPN for 30+ years.  I believe sports should be non-political.  I can be at a game and enjoy it with the people around me without talking about politics.

It seems that ESPN has gone out of their way to express their political viewpoints.  I want to watch sports, not talk about politics!

This has bothered me so much that I rarely watch ESPN now.  In fact, I'm looking at how I can get them out of my house.  I know that I can't just drop one channel through Comcast but I'm looking around and strongly considering "cutting the cord".  Sorry Comcast.  I'll miss your fast internet but enough is enough!  ESPN doing a tremendous disservice to sports fans and ought to be ashamed of themselves.  They brought sports into the mainstream and now they are taking sports out of the mainstream because they lost focus of what they were all about.  Sad.

Expert

Re: ESPN - Too political, want to drop

kappes17 wrote:

I am a big sports fan and have been watching ESPN for 30+ years.  I believe sports should be non-political.  I can be at a game and enjoy it with the people around me without talking about politics.

It seems that ESPN has gone out of their way to express their political viewpoints.  I want to watch sports, not talk about politics!

This has bothered me so much that I rarely watch ESPN now.  In fact, I'm looking at how I can get them out of my house.  I know that I can't just drop one channel through Comcast but I'm looking around and strongly considering "cutting the cord".  Sorry Comcast.  I'll miss your fast internet but enough is enough!  ESPN doing a tremendous disservice to sports fans and ought to be ashamed of themselves.  They brought sports into the mainstream and now they are taking sports out of the mainstream because they lost focus of what they were all about.  Sad.

Have you tried voicing your feelings to ESPN/Disney?  Viewers have a large impact on the dynamics of broadcast content, especially in this day of Facebook and Twitter.  The more people that complain to them directly the faster change will happen.  [Pass that along.]  Complaining here does nothing.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Re: ESPN - Too political, want to drop

But cancelling your service speaks LOUDEST of all. It will be somewhat challenging. I have not had cable for 5 years. I RARELY miss it. I pickup some items (season passes) for shows on iTunes. Otherwise, cable tv service free here!