Community Forum

ESPN Issues

New Poster

ESPN Issues

Apologies for long post. So, I use ESPN to watch F1 racing. In my channel line up, I have ESPN 1-3. I use the ESPN app to watch replays of each session of F1. In the past, if a session was on ESPNU or ESPNEWS channel I could watch the replays regardless if I had the channel or not. I just couldn't watch it live which was no problem to me. But now though, I'm not able to watch it at all. Started about 2, maybe 3 months ago give or take. I was doing this for 2 yrs and now I can't. I'm being prompted to "upgrade" my current package . So, what happened???? I even called ESPN and they said it was the cable provider that's doing this. Why am I going to spend $10 more a month for 1 or 2 channels????? Its really upsetting I can't watch the full race weekend anymore. Some say you can watch each session through ESPN 3 but that channel option isn't available for on demand. Anybody have any answers as to why this is happening now??? 

Official Employee

Re: ESPN Issues

Hello, Resist_333! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. 

I'm glad you reached out to us with your concerns. Did you make any changes to your services around the time you lost access to those channels? You can use the following site to see what channels are included in your lineup:

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/channel-lineup-bundles?pc=1

Be sure to enter your address or log into your account so that the site provides an accurate listing. When you get a chance, please compair your latest bill and listing of services with our lineup to see if ESPNU and ESPNEWS are included in your service tier. 

If they are included and you still are unable to access those channels, please send us a private message and we would be happy to look further into this for you. 

To send a private message, click my name "Comcast_Support", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!