Community Forum

EPIX Channel

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

EPIX Channel

With the EPIX channel being made available today, is it included in any packages or does it require an additional $5.99 a month to everyone if they want it?

Valued Contributor

Re: EPIX Channel

@plourde_mike wrote:

With the EPIX channel being made available today, is it included in any packages or does it require an additional $5.99 a month to everyone if they want it?

According to the notice given in a recent billing statement, it's $5.99/Mo.  Separate Fee.

@plourde_mike
Frequent Visitor

Not sure if this is the way it is for now or if the plan is to add the other 3 Epix channels to the cable lineup eventually, but I noticed the stream app has Epix ,Epix 2, Epix Drive-In and the other one.
Contributor

So i guess its not included in any packages then?  I have the highest package available and i still can't get the channel without paying an extrra $5.99?  No thanks. 

Contributor

I also don't see the channel listed on the stream app.  Did it get removed?

Official Employee

Hello All, 

The Epix channel is an al carte channel that can be added at an additional charge. If interested, send me a private message and I can get it added. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

That is crazy! When I had Verizon Fios Epix was included in the complete package. Since I've had Xfinity, I've had less HD channels and pay 240 a month for the "complete" package that doesn't include everything. They should change the name to the "sort of complete" package. I guess I will have to rethink my cable provider.
Contributor

Totally agree. Why should someone have the top tier package that includes every channel if it doesn’t actually include every channel?
New Poster

I just had a very long and tedious chat with comcast about this issue. I pay for the "digital premium" package which is supposed to include all the movie channels, but it apparently doesn't include epix unless I want to pay another $70 a year. I got some nonsense explanation about comcast not being able to control what they charge, because "Broadcast" determines the charge. Yet, on my bill, I am already charged for "Broadcast". 

Did you all know that Comcast is not really in charge? "Broadcast" is in charge! I guess being a $70 billion company isn't enough. "Broadcast" must be even more valuable.

Very disappointed in this. Oh well. Time to start looking for other options!

New Poster

If you are making it an "A la carte" (which is really dumb given that a lot of people pay a very high amount for the "premium" package which apparently is not premium enough), then please remove it from the channel lineup, and please remove the movies that are on it from the searches and listings of most popular movies and critics choice movies.

This was very poorly conceived. Better to just not offer the channel. 

Regular Contributor

I'm not concerned about paying Comcast another dime for EPIX and don't want it anyway!  But, what I am concerned about, as are others (see TCM (Turner Classic Movies)  website now owned by AT & T Time Warner IS FACT TCM ON DEMAND DOES NOT OFFER MOVIES AFTER AIRING. THEY INCLUDE A MINIMAL FEW  AND NOT ALL IN SD AND HD.  BUT, SOME IN SD ONLY AND SOME IN HD ONLY.  IF COMCAST CAN'T UNDERSTAND AND RESOLVE WITH TCM ----------- IT WILL BE GOODBYE COMCAST AS I WILL BE FORCED TO USE AT & t'S DIRECT TV THAT HAS ALL TCM MOVIES AFTER AIRING.  POINT, BEING WHEN ALL TITLES WERE IN ON DEMAND THEY COULD  BE WATCHED AT CONVENIENT TIME ---NOT AT 3:00 AM OR OTHER TIMES WHEN AIRED.  I PAY A HEFTY FEE MONTHLY TO COMCAST/XFINITY FOR ACCESS TO TCM. 

CAN OR WILL COMCAST RESOLVE THIS WITH TCM OR NOT?  I'VE POSTED THIS SUBJECT IN ON DEMAND COMCAST SITE. AM FED UP WITH COMCAST RAISING RATES BUT DROPPING SERVICES I.E. TCM ON DEMAND.

Regular Contributor

Re: I doubt Comcast could care less!

FYI. I doubt Comcast could care less!

The Maltese Falcon was aired yesterday but, of course, not in On DEMAND. However, if you use SEARCH and enter Maltese Falcon -------------- there it is for RENT at $3.99 to $12.99 HD and SD.

So again, what will Comcast do about this?

New Poster

Why do I... We have to pay an additional price for EPIX if we have the X1 premium package..??
Valued Contributor

@g107 wrote:
Why do I... We have to pay an additional price for EPIX if we have the X1 premium package..??

The agreement was made to make the channel separate when the channel was added.

Contributor

$5.99 extra

Regular Contributor

@granbjd22 wrote:

$5.99 extra

I wouldn't even pay 59 Cents (plus taxes and Comcast fees).    Should be in  my Premier  Package I already pay a fortune  for.  

New Poster

Hi I'd like to add epix to my package. Once it's added, which channel is it?

Official Employee

Hi @karindwaters

Welcome to the Xfinity forum. I received your private message. I was able to confirm one of my peers assisted you in my absence. If you need anything else, let us know.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!