Community Forum

Dropping RFD TV

New Poster

Dropping RFD TV

You dropped RFT TV without notice.  Why?  It was a favorite for many of us here in Tucson who come from rural backgrounds and are involved with agriculture, are horsemen, and so forth. 

There is no other channel that provides a rural outlook, western sports, agriculture topics, and access to rural and country music and themes.  I watch rodeo, and loss of the ability to follow high school rodeo, bull riding, and other rodeo events deprives me of a valued asset that I had before you unilaterally decided to drop RFD TV.

I don't want to go to Direct TV and get a dish.  I use you for not only cable TV but computer internet connections, but I do not like what you have done. 

Will you consider reinstating RFD TV?

William Gandy

New Poster

Re: Dropping RFD TV

I agree, it was one of the few Comcast channels I watch regularly here in Utah.  Am very unhappy about this, it seems to have been done after many people renewed their Comcast contract, which seems underhanded on their part.  : (

Supposedly the RFD removal was announced in February but have yet to verify this.  If I had known, I would not have renewed!

Official Employee

Re: Dropping RFD TV

Hello @wegandy & @Nolester, thanks so much for reaching out! We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused you, but this channel is no longer available. We currently have no plans to offer the channel again in the near future. We still offer many channels that offer similar programming. Please let me know if you would like any more information regarding this Network/Channel concern. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

ComcastAmira Official Employee Re: Dropping RFD TV

@ComcastAmira wrote:

"We still offer many channels that offer similar programming"

What are the channels that offer similar programming?

.Net Programmer
Official Employee

Re: ComcastAmira Official Employee Re: Dropping RFD TV

Hello, Biff-Tannon - 

Thank you for reaching out on the forum. We do offer the World Fishing Network and Outside TV. You can also access the RDF TV YouTube channel on the X1 box. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

wegandy, sorry for sort of hijacking your forum question with my comments, I just picked one of several that I found from Googling to comment on, and it happened to be yours.  We are just really ticked off about this, and I couldn't help venting.  Good luck to you in your quest to regain access to RFDtv.

New Poster

New Poster

MNtundraRET, I realize I was being rude and abusive, for which I again apologize.  But, IMHO threatening to end my service due to the termination of RFDtv is not an instance of 'baiting and excessive ranting.'  I think, rather, that the threat of taking one's business elsewhere is a fairly well-established mode of interaction between customers and providers of a service (i.e. if enough customers complain, a recently-made but unpopular decision may be reversed.)  Thanks.

Official Employee

@Nolester, I completely understand your frustrations with this and I'm sorry for any trouble this is causing. Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance and enjoy the rest of your day.